Jessica to the Winds of Dune inconsistencies!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

TheDukester wrote:...read KJA's blawg for the actual title.

Jesus wept.
Wept oceans enough to drown seaworms: just had another look and he STILL hasn't fixed it. This is worse than Uncle Mike. :roll:

Have you read the comments from his covey of trained cybersuckers over there? :roll:
John wrote:Hey Kevin:
The new title has a more encompassing feel to it. There's more of an air of intigue to it. What gathers on "The Winds of Dune?" I guess we'll all find out in August. The new title is great. I hope you and Brian keep up the good work for years to come.
Have a Great Day!!!
More of an AIR of intrigue? :lol:
Brian wrote:I like both the name changes.
Now you need to start thinking about a prequel to your prequels. I'd love to know the story behind the Titans before they were Titans, and the comming of conciousness to Omnious.

Or somthing along the lines of the struggles for power between the Bene Gesserit and the Mentat schools.
It's Omnius, dolt.
(Some long cat fuck) wrote:then there's the War of Assassins......
Like to see that too.
KJA himself wrote:You must be one book behind! The War of Assassins was a major part of PAUL OF DUNE.
Sure it was, you LYING SACK OF DOG DUNG. Learned ALL about that one AND the Fremen Jihad. HACK HACK HACK. MAY YOUR FINGERS AND TONGUE GROW LEPROUS AND FALL REEKING FROM YOU! :evil:
岩(STINKY) wrote:It doesn't matter what the title is your writing is always great.
Translation into real English: "I'm a dumbfuck and can't really read." (And WTF is with that user name? Rock(Stinky)? Stupid.)

The best comment so far is from this bitch, trying to pic a fight with Nekhrun (AGAIN) over on DN:
Clyttastia wrote:You know what I mean, Nekhrun. You've been mocking it like it's some huge diabolical plot, whereas it's just. a. typo. Granted, it's funny, but who hasn't ever made a funny typo and not noticed it before posting?

And book titles get changed all the time. We've yet to see how appropriate the new title will be, but right now... it's nothing sinister. Personally, it irks me more when books get re-issued with different titles, and people get fooled into thinking it's a brand-new story.
No, you stupid bitch, a typo is one or two letters out of place. This is a major typographical fuck-up caused by a lack of connection between the brain and fingers. He not only posted the thread with the mistake, he changed the forum name to conform to same, which is not a simple rote task. He wasn't thinking during a process that requires some thought.

:roll:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Damnit! He woke up, shook off the hangover, and changed it.

I was just about to post a poll, too: "On what day will the DN.com siteadmin/boardadmin/power-mad looney-toon finally grok what the actual goddamn titles of the new books are?"
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Kevin probably had to call him up and tell him to change it.

I can't believe he figured it out on his own, after so long. :wink:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Changing titles so as to avoid the latest flop with PoD, tsk, tsk. Kevy should've figured by now that it was the content, not the title, that kept his book on the 5 cents section of the bookstore. :lol:
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

I reckon the idea is to get away from the series structure. All the trilogies so far have suffered from the law of diminishing returns. However Heroes was never as tight a series structure from the off - more stand-alone companion pieces for FH books (or so they'll tell people). So they're capitalising on this so as not to alienate people who didn't read PoD.... which must be nearly everyone :P
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

DuneFishUK wrote: So they're capitalising on this so as not to alienate people who didn't read PoD.... which must be nearly everyone :P
According to PoD's sales figures, i'd say yes :lol:
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Bijaz

Post by Bijaz »

The new title targets the pubescent audience experiencing "the winds of change."
They may take yairrrr Frreedom, but they ken nivverrrr take yairrrr Duuuunnne!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I got to thinking on the way home last night: does this mean there will be a change in the cover illustration, too?

I mean, sure, the current suk scene one is based on a scene in the novel that presumably won't be cut, but while that picture could almost make sense for a book called "Jessica of Dune" (there are two women in the center of the thing), what possible relevance could it have for The Winds of Dune?

Wait for it. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

SandChigger wrote:I got to thinking on the way home last night: does this mean there will be a change in the cover illustration, too?

I mean, sure, the current suk scene one is based on a scene in the novel that presumably won't be cut, but while that picture could almost make sense for a book called "Jessica of Dune" (there are two women in the center of the thing), what possible relevance could it have for The Winds of Dune?

Wait for it. ;)
I bet they'll just flip the image upside-down and say it's surrealistic :lol:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

You know, we need to start a thread where there can be no comments, save for one for each really stupid thing that the HLP has done. Like one comment for the upside down cover, along with Chig's pics. And another for Byron's title change. So we can go to it easily and observe the HLP foolishness.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Kinda like a museum gallery? With captions beneath each piece?
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Exactly, and w/o comments so that we dont have to search through a 50 page theread.

Or alternatively we could just update the first post as we remember new ones. That seems to work too.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Exactly, and w/o comments so that we dont have to search through a 50 page theread.

Or alternatively we could just update the first post as we remember new ones. That seems to work too.

but omph, if we do one page for each item, it'll still be a 50 page thread :P
True, but atleast it will be wall to wall fuck-ups, and not fifty pages of guys like me goin "those idiots!"

Goodnight Golden Path!
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

I'm all for it :D
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

"Winds of Dune" followed by "The Throne of Dune" (Salvador Dali wanted to use his 'Throne' for the Jodorowski Dune movie lol):
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
trang

Post by trang »

althought its completely crap tv and I watch mainly to look at Smith Cho's fine behind. The Knight Rider 2000 or new Knight Rider what ever the title is had an episode one back where an artist bought the wrecked cars from near fatal or fatal crashs and preserved them in that state on stands in a giant wharehouse.

Omph's idea kinda sounds like that, capturing the train/car wreck( that is the works of Buthead and Koknocker) in stasis so we can just observe it and revel in their complete disasterness.

just a thought.

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

trang

Post by trang »

Why not just call the next two books "Vagina's of Dune" seeing how Jessica and Irulan are the star's (im sure Alia, Chani, Ghanima are going to be in there somewhere)

The cover art for Jessica to Winds of Dune should just be her and Gurney getting it on, or just a black cover since its going to be "Dark".

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Chig pointed out KJA's Twitter page on his blog and I couldn't help but post these incredible :roll: snippets (emphasis mine):
TheKJA, on Feb. 27 wrote:New DUNE title. Brian Herbert and I changed JESSICA OF DUNE (August release) to THE WINDS OF DUNE -- more epic sounding.
TheKJA, on March 2 wrote:Buried in the sand. Just finished WINDS OF DUNE edit. Reb is stabbing it with her red pencil, line by line, fixing everything. (Yes, Dear.)
TheKJA, on March 4 wrote:Keying in WINDS OF DUNE correx. After so many years, Reb still doesn't think my writing is perfect...and she still thinks I can be taught!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Actually, the title change came after his return from New York (he was so close and you missed him! :P ) where he met with their TOR editor (Pat Le...Le...L'Italiano? The one what doesn't get paid for doing ... anything).

He and Brian "changed" shit. The word came DOWN.

(I forget who first called this one, but you were probably right! ;) )
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:Actually, the title change came after his return from New York (he was so close and you missed him! :P ) where he met with their TOR editor (Pat Le...Le...L'Italiano? The one what doesn't get paid for doing ... anything).

He and Brian "changed" shit. The word came DOWN.

(I forget who first called this one, but you were probably right! ;) )
:wink:
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Dude, if "Reb" is marking it up with red and we've been getting edited books all along...i'm almost scared to see what the original text looks like...
Dude, there was this awesome laser-sword ginaz-style ninja fight, and , and after it Gurney does like 5 chicks at once, and then he like comes, and its like totally awesome. like the original meaning of the word awesome. and then he beheads all of them because they are actually cy-tron-borg-droids assassin droids sent to seduce and kill Paul but Gurney has a ultra-fast mental brain and he kills them all. So he goes and tells Paul "Dude, there was this awesome laser-sword ginaz-style ninja fight, and , and after it I did like 5 chicks at once, and then I like came, and its like totally awesome. like the original meaning of the word awesome. and then I beheaded all of them because they were actually cy-tron-borg-droids assassin droids sent to seduce and kill you but Gurney has a ultra-fast mental brain and he kills them all. If there were any grammatical errors in this it's Irulan's fault."
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Ampoliros wrote:Dude, if "Reb" is marking it up with red and we've been getting edited books all along...i'm almost scared to see what the original text looks like...
Dude, there was this awesome laser-sword ginaz-style ninja fight, and , and after it Gurney does like 5 chicks at once, and then he like comes, and its like totally awesome. like the original meaning of the word awesome. and then he beheads all of them because they are actually cy-tron-borg-droids assassin droids sent to seduce and kill Paul but Gurney has a ultra-fast mental brain and he kills them all. So he goes and tells Paul "Dude, there was this awesome laser-sword ginaz-style ninja fight, and , and after it I did like 5 chicks at once, and then I like came, and its like totally awesome. like the original meaning of the word awesome. and then I beheaded all of them because they were actually cy-tron-borg-droids assassin droids sent to seduce and kill you but Gurney has a ultra-fast mental brain and he kills them all. If there were any grammatical errors in this it's Irulan's fault."
:lol:

One word: Totally Awesome
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Peter Griffin could write better Dune stories.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

So could Peter Rabbit.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Ampoliros wrote:Dude, if "Reb" is marking it up with red and we've been getting edited books all along...i'm almost scared to see what the original text looks like...
Nice, very nice :-)

Although we do run into the old problem of our sarcasm not being too different from the horrid reality...