posts that I think should be deleted at DN

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Schu wrote:I'm thinking it's a sockpuppet. Surely noone could be that stupid accidentally.
That kind of stupid isn't accidental. Unless you meant the cousins fucking and getting pregnant kind of accident. ;)
NotAbout

Post by NotAbout »

hay she just be hier for her huose atraides she red them thar duney books but them old ones r 2 boring so she sore the picture sqaure vidio thats same isnt it,

On a less retarded note, I don't think its a sockpuppet. I think some people are genuinely this dumb.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Schu wrote:You gotta raise your standards, man.
Indeed.

I'm inclined to give everyone a chance, but if they can't at least try to type intelligently online then... Being a writer that's one of the few things I can't stand.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Exactly. Young people trying to appear cool (??? or whatever) by flaunting their flouting of the standard conventions for spelling and punctuation just look stupid or lazy to me. Yeah, it's real cool that you can't be bothered to hold down the Shift key and type a capital letter or two. Or to type punctuation.

Dumbfucks. :roll:

And I agree with NotAbout: there are people that stupid out there. (Actually, I do get a little kick out of imagining her pronouncing the name something like "uh-TRY-deez" :lol: )

(And if it is a sockpuppet, one of us, why do you guys have to point it out and remind Byron. He's not that bright or so great a multitasker that it'll always occur to him, remember. Especially after I go to the trouble of smoke-screening a bitchy rant about how stupid the person is! :twisted: )
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Mentat Assasin wrote:
Redstar wrote:I write mythological science-fiction, like Bradbury.
I am sorry I am imcompetent :( who would that be? what has be written?
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

:twisted:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandChigger wrote:But please, someone with an account over there, go PM this dipshit and tell her it's EI not AI. :twisted:
Some punctuation would be nice, too. Or should that be "to"?

HBJ
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

punctuation (like Apple's Mac) is for pussies ......
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

'Noldo has started a new thread over there:

dunenovels.com Forum Index » Non-Dune Books » The Jesus Incident

I won't repost his crap in the OP. It's just another example of his trying to show that FH viewed AI as a dangerous element that would always try to take over or destroy humanity. (His way of justifying Omnius & the other one.)

What's funny in this one is sandwurm888's reply:
Get a life, tool.
He's popped up again recently and has been acting almost like he's trying to get banned. :?:

Anyway, the reply is classic arnoldo:
Que onda, puto?
That is, "What's up, bitch?"

Of course, since that tragic accident in which he lost his cojones, he can't come right out and say that in English. :lol:
NotAbout

Post by NotAbout »

SandChigger wrote:dunenovels.com Forum Index » Non-Dune Books » The Jesus Incident

I won't repost his crap in the OP. It's just another example of his trying to show that FH viewed AI as a dangerous element that would always try to take over or destroy humanity. (His way of justifying Omnius & the other one.)
Is it just me being stupid, or did he entirely miss the point of "The Jesus Incident" ? Ship wasn't actively trying to destroy humanity, just threatening to in order to make it more independent. If "The Jesus Incident" shows us anything, it is how an AI character SHOULD have been written (If one was going to attempt to at all).
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No, it's not you: arnoldo misses the point of most things. But if you point that out he'll scour the Web or whatever book he has on hand for a non-sequitur to throw at you and derail the discussion. And when he's feeling too lazy for that he'll throw Spanish at you, evidently believing us redneck anglos is too stupid to understand it. :roll:

And, yeah, The Jesus Incident could be a perfect indicator of how Frank Herbert might have written AI characters in any Butlerian Jihad book.

Ah well. :roll:
Schu

Post by Schu »

Mentat Assasin wrote:ok guys can someone please explain to me what Paul it referring to after Giaus tells him " to rule one must submit" or something along those lines. Then he goes on to say that she was talking about "elementary things such as tension within meaning"

I know this is a dumb question but I have pondered and pondered trying to understand what that means and I just cant quite grasp it. maybe I have ponered too much :?
Bel Moulay wrote:Tension Within Meaning... Without looking at the book right now (since I just got off of work and I'm too lazy to go upstairs and get it) I can possibly give a good explaination of the word meanings themselves.

I remember Paul saying that. When you look at the words such as "tension" can be an emotional strain, anxiety, or excitement. Within meaning or what something truely is there can be this emotional stress and such from knowing about it. The humans at this time may understand the struggle and bloodshed of the Butlerian Jihad but only the ones with "other memmories" can truely know the tension due to their ability to see and relive the carnage and chaos. Much like when Moneo Atreides mentioned when Leto II tested him he had him take a glimpse through his own eyes and almost went insane from all the tension.

This phrase is appropriate; I remember RM Gaius Helen Mohiam's first conversation with Paul Atreides was related to the Jihad.

That phrase is quite a treasure you found there almost like a Zen Buddhist koan.
Jesus what the fuck.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:No, it's not you: arnoldo misses the point of most things. But if you point that out he'll scour the Web or whatever book he has on hand for a non-sequitur to throw at you and derail the discussion. And when he's feeling too lazy for that he'll throw Spanish at you, evidently believing us redneck anglos is too stupid to understand it. :roll:

And, yeah, The Jesus Incident could be a perfect indicator of how Frank Herbert might have written AI characters in any Butlerian Jihad book.

Ah well. :roll:
I'll bet a million dollars neither of the Hacks Twain have never read D:V or TJI.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, well you'd lose that money, mister, 'cause Kevin has read everything FH wrote. :roll:

He's just shit for retention. :lol:

Schu ... Jesus fucking wept or what? :shock: I mean, I saw that earlier but just blotted it out.

I think he's maybe confusing it with 'TTENSHUN! :roll:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I guess I should rephrase that to say, "...read and understood..."
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Continuing the saga of Bel, Ass and Schu....

duncenovels.com Forum Index » All Things Dune » Tension within meaning...
Mentat Ass. wrote:ok man thank you that makes sense, amazing isnt it how such few words can have such deep meaning? :)
Schu wrote:Bel, what on earth are you blabbering about? Tension within meaning just refers to metaphors and analogies and things of the sort: that some level of submission can lead to victory, that meanings based on words may not be as simple as they first appear. Where you got your notion that it was referring to OM of the BJ I have NO IDEA!
Belle wrote:I'm not even sure what you're blabbering about either Schu and maybe you should re-read the first 20 pages of Dune primarily the conversation between Paul and RM Mohiam before Paul is tested in the gom jabbar.

As of the Other Memmories was an example I used. OM are very relevent to Dune.

PS: This is a fictional book discussion not politics so try being more civilized already.
Yeah, Schubert. :roll: Invite him to a politics thread where the "discussion" is a free-for-all. 'TTENSHUN!

(Under pressure.... La la la ... la la la ....)
Schu

Post by Schu »

Schu wrote:Bel, I'm sorry but your answer deserved that, it was just plain wrong and also pretentious. Why must you look for the incredibly elaborate, complex explanation when there's an incredibly simple one that is the correct one?

When they talk about tension within meaning, they are long past the discussion of the Butlerian Jihad. Of course OM is important to dune, but it has nothing to do with the particular part to which the OP referred.

It's really simple. Mohiam, in this case, is talking about how 2 seemingly contradictory concepts (submission and command) can be linked (and she gives her example of how the willow can become a wall against the wind by submission initially and then prospering). Hell, the BG itsself is an example of this, always manipulating events behind the scenes to get what they want instead of just doing it by force.

Paul saw this as an elementary lesson in tension within meaning and got offended because it's so simple, considering his excellent education from his mother.
I decided to spoon-feed him.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Nice one, Schu.

You notice that Bel didn't even check the context of the quote before he gave his explanation about it. You'd *think* he'd be more likely to concede the point under those conditions.

HBJ
Schu

Post by Schu »

I've read through the Belle of Moolay's response and I think I find a new layer of stupidity upon every rereading. It's the anti-dune.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

I've become increasingly aware of how stupid Moulay is over there. I never really paid attention. But here's another post which just strikes me as odd:
Bel Moulay wrote:That's a good one but I always pictured Duncan looking more like this...

I pictured Duncan more-so like Michael Jackson in between the 80's and 90's when his skin tone started lightening up. This is the best pic I could find...

http://myplay.com/files/imagecache/gino ... 274341.jpg

The reason being is he's always described having a cat-like stroll movement in the way he walks kinda like how Michael was in Thriller plus Duncan was described as having a light sorta tan, high cheek bones, and curly hair. I also saw Duncan with a lithe body like Michaels because I always thought that would be the right type of form to have for the Dune style of melee.
NotAbout

Post by NotAbout »

Well, thats ruined Duncan for me. I'll never think of him the same way again.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

"You're just being ignorant"

This is the Duncan I think of:
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandChigger wrote:'Noldo has started a new thread over there:

dunenovels.com Forum Index » Non-Dune Books » The Jesus Incident

What's funny in this one is sandwurm888's reply:
Get a life, tool.
He's popped up again recently and has been acting almost like he's trying to get banned. :?:

Anyway, the reply is classic arnoldo:
Que onda, puto?
That is, "What's up, bitch?"

Of course, since that tragic accident in which he lost his cojones, he can't come right out and say that in English. :lol:
'puta' means 'bitch, 'puto' can mean fairy or poof but it's also another word for 'cabron' as in 'bastard' or 'sod'.

Poor Arnoloco de Puercas Sin Cojones. He tries to secretly insult people in one of the most widely spoken languages on the planet. :lol:
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

chanilover wrote:
Poor Arnoloco de Puercas Sin Cojones. He tries to secretly insult people in one of the most widely spoken languages on the planet. :lol:
I can't believe it (well, I'm reading it ain't I?) that's so coward (arnoldo insulting in spanish) and if you excuse me I think that Arnoldo es un pinche maricón, de seguro trae un palo metido por el culo. :)
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

Well maybe Byron will like the analogy, alert Pinky & the Brain and then they will convince Peter Berg to cast Michael Jackson for the role of Duncan Idaho!

That would help, in the movie, to explain why Paul feels so close to Duncan Idaho...

And in the new sequels or interquels the hacks could write that Duncan Idaho, instead of spice beer, drinks jesus juice!

Redstar wrote:I've become increasingly aware of how stupid Moulay is over there. I never really paid attention. But here's another post which just strikes me as odd:
Bel Moulay wrote:That's a good one but I always pictured Duncan looking more like this...

I pictured Duncan more-so like Michael Jackson in between the 80's and 90's when his skin tone started lightening up. This is the best pic I could find...

http://myplay.com/files/imagecache/gino ... 274341.jpg

The reason being is he's always described having a cat-like stroll movement in the way he walks kinda like how Michael was in Thriller plus Duncan was described as having a light sorta tan, high cheek bones, and curly hair. I also saw Duncan with a lithe body like Michaels because I always thought that would be the right type of form to have for the Dune style of melee.
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe