Flying car

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Great.

Somewhere new for women to demonstrate how badly they drive. :roll:

:P

Had to. It was burning somethin' fierce.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I think I saw this before on another site. Nonetheless, it's some cool shit :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

I definitely want one :P
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:http://www.moller.com/

for some reason the link isn't working for me... do the wings fold out of the way? otherwise it just kind of looks like a VTOL aircraft
No. It is VTOL. It can hover too. The nacelles rotate for level flight once airborne. The engines are rotary and will run on almost anything. I've been following this one's progress for a few years.

I can't explain the broken link, it worked for me.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Moller has several models they're working on, the M400 I think has longer wings. Try to get onto the site, maybe google it. They have videos of test flights and all kinds of good stuff.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
nymphitz

Post by nymphitz »

Interesting...One way to get through rush hour traffic!
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

There will be traffic jams in the sky lanes. And then we will worry of drunk drivers getting thru the bedroom's window!
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well ... that'll add a new nuance to "Drop in and see us sometime!", won't it? :shock:

(Um ... why through the bedroom window? You have a curious mind. :D )
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

cmsahe wrote:There will be traffic jams in the sky lanes. And then we will worry of drunk drivers getting thru the bedroom's window!
Not really, they've allready planned for this.

A personal flying car only needs a few hundred feet of verticle space tops. Of what's their ceiling, 30,000 feet, that's 3,000 lanes over any one spot.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:
cmsahe wrote:There will be traffic jams in the sky lanes. And then we will worry of drunk drivers getting thru the bedroom's window!
Not really, they've allready planned for this.

A personal flying car only needs a few hundred feet of verticle space tops. Of what's their ceiling, 30,000 feet, that's 3,000 lanes over any one spot.
Well, now Im comforted. The drunks have all that air to run into before they impact my house. :P

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
cmsahe

Post by cmsahe »

SandChigger wrote:Well ... that'll add a new nuance to "Drop in and see us sometime!", won't it? :shock:

(Um ... why through the bedroom window? You have a curious mind. :D )
Well English is not my first language. :)
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I don't think language has anything to do with it.

It's the thought process that led to the image of drunk drivers coming in through your bedroom window that intrigues me. :P
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

as awesome as flying cars are...the government will never let the major population partake. theres no way to control it or even keep it organized. and what about vehicle maintenance. if your car dies in mid air your fucked.. and so is the lucky person you nose dive into. i wish something like this would happen. but only the xtrememly wealthy or the government would be able to use it. think about all the cars on the road everyday..now think of all them flying around. i sense more air collisions than land collision coming in the vision. as awesome as it would be..it'll never happen
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Tyrant wrote:as awesome as flying cars are...the government will never let the major population partake. theres no way to control it or even keep it organized. and what about vehicle maintenance. if your car dies in mid air your fucked.. and so is the lucky person you nose dive into. i wish something like this would happen. but only the xtrememly wealthy or the government would be able to use it. think about all the cars on the road everyday..now think of all them flying around. i sense more air collisions than land collision coming in the vision. as awesome as it would be..it'll never happen
The one I posted a link to has four independant engines and an automatic parachute.
~Pink Snowman
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

Freakzilla wrote:
Tyrant wrote:as awesome as flying cars are...the government will never let the major population partake. theres no way to control it or even keep it organized. and what about vehicle maintenance. if your car dies in mid air your fucked.. and so is the lucky person you nose dive into. i wish something like this would happen. but only the xtrememly wealthy or the government would be able to use it. think about all the cars on the road everyday..now think of all them flying around. i sense more air collisions than land collision coming in the vision. as awesome as it would be..it'll never happen
The one I posted a link to has four independant engines and an automatic parachute.
i still dont think it will happen... the government would probably use the whole "it could be used as an easy way to commit a terrorist attack" angle to shoot it down
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!