MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Image
    The people and their technology

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

User avatar
Demerzel
Posts: 113
Joined: 04 Sep 2011 15:20

MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Demerzel » 11 Nov 2011 15:13

:O Just a ridiculous thought, cause he did seem mentally superior to most.
When Paul was three I found him wearing lingerie I was planning to wear for my Duke. I asked him: "How can this be?" and he answered: "For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!" I was proud since these were the first words Paul ever spoke, but now I knew for certain that my Paul was a special boy. I brought him to Duncan's room while he was busy "training" a young maidservant in the Art of Sword-Handling. My Paul shall be the best! - Tleszer

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18147
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Freakzilla » 11 Nov 2011 15:27

Malky was a prototype weapon against the God Emperor.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Demerzel
Posts: 113
Joined: 04 Sep 2011 15:20

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Demerzel » 11 Nov 2011 15:47

Yeah I know delete this post it makes no sense D:
When Paul was three I found him wearing lingerie I was planning to wear for my Duke. I asked him: "How can this be?" and he answered: "For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!" I was proud since these were the first words Paul ever spoke, but now I knew for certain that my Paul was a special boy. I brought him to Duncan's room while he was busy "training" a young maidservant in the Art of Sword-Handling. My Paul shall be the best! - Tleszer

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18147
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Freakzilla » 11 Nov 2011 15:53

Hmm... I try not to delete topics, but OK. I'll leave it up for a little while and see if anyone has any worthwhile comments.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

MrFlibble
Posts: 314
Joined: 06 Jan 2010 11:25

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby MrFlibble » 19 Nov 2011 17:29

I only remember a Tleilaxu KH being mentioned in Messiah, but what about the Ixian one? :think:
WHAT IF YOU NO LONGER HEAR THE MUSIC OF LIFE?
MEMORIES ARE NOT ENOUGH UNLESS THEY CALL YOU TO NOBLE PURPOSE!

User avatar
Serkanner
Posts: 2828
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Serkanner » 19 Nov 2011 17:37

MrFlibble wrote:I only remember a Tleilaxu KH being mentioned in Messiah, but what about the Ixian one? :think:


There is no Ixian one.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby SandChigger » 20 Nov 2011 09:33

Ouch. ;)

User avatar
lotek
Posts: 5735
Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby lotek » 20 Nov 2011 11:47

it's not every character that's a bit odd that is a potential KH.
Don't do the kja dance by labelling everything as super dooper ;)
Spice is the worm's gonads.

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18147
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Freakzilla » 21 Nov 2011 00:26

I am the Ixian KH.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

gurensan
Posts: 96
Joined: 21 Apr 2012 19:26

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby gurensan » 02 Jun 2012 22:25

I am super dooper.
If you fart in the wilderness, and a bear eats you before you can smell it, does it matter if it makes an odor?

User avatar
Ampoliros
Posts: 2517
Joined: 14 Mar 2008 11:22
Location: I think we took a wrong turn...

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Ampoliros » 03 Jun 2012 00:54

I'm the Murican KH.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus

Lundse
Posts: 524
Joined: 01 Jul 2008 11:36
Location: Århus, Denmark

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Lundse » 03 Jun 2012 03:45

KJA is the literary Kwisatz Haderach!

According to his twitter feeds, the amount of working, hiking and signing being done - he is clearly in more places at once.
When it comes to literary production, he is definitely a shortening of the way.
His coming shook up an entire universe, fatally locking it into one stagnant path.
He is just sooper-dooper...

D Pope
Posts: 1500
Joined: 14 May 2010 14:11
Location: Grubville

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby D Pope » 03 Jun 2012 04:49

Lundse wrote:KJA is the literary Kwisatz Haderach!

According to his twitter feeds, the amount of working, hiking and signing being done - he is clearly in more places at once.
When it comes to literary production, he is definitely a shortening of the way.
His coming shook up an entire universe, fatally locking it into one stagnant path.
He is just sooper-dooper...

:lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos

User avatar
Smiley
Posts: 49
Joined: 13 Nov 2014 21:16

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Smiley » 12 Dec 2014 13:20

lotek wrote:it's not every character that's a bit odd that is a potential KH.
Don't do the kja dance by labelling everything as super dooper ;)


The BG seemed to take that approach. Anyone with weird abilities were likely to be killed for safety's sake in the last two books.
I find it fascinating that some of Franks most interesting characters are the ones we know the least about.

(no malky not a KH. Just a horrible person and potential weapon to take down a god)

distrans
Posts: 308
Joined: 04 Jan 2013 01:06

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby distrans » 24 Jan 2018 23:17

the tleilaxu and the ixians were neck and neck there for several thousand years...

georgiedenbro
Posts: 736
Joined: 11 Jun 2014 13:56
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby georgiedenbro » 25 Jan 2018 10:54

Hah, I forgot about this thread. Isn't it the case, though, that by the time of GeoD the Ixians had been infiltrated by the BT? If so, I don't know that a distinction has to be made between an Ixian KH and a BT one. If the BT had the ability to create fascinating beings, why couldn't they have combined this with the Ixian technology to conceal such a person? That's a side note, mind you, since I recall no textual reason to believe Malky (or Hwi) has the abilities of a KH. But putting aside the KH question, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that whatever Malky was, he was a BT creation. This kind of human-as-weapon would be in keeping with BT methods, recalling Bijaz and Duncan from Messiah.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18147
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Freakzilla » 25 Jan 2018 13:42

georgiedenbro wrote:...since I recall no textual reason to believe Malky (or Hwi) has the abilities of a KH.


There isn't. I've never understood why people try to see a KH in every shadow. Malky's only significance is that he was a favored companion of Leto which gave them the idea to make Hwi, his opposite clone, to woo him.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

georgiedenbro
Posts: 736
Joined: 11 Jun 2014 13:56
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby georgiedenbro » 26 Jan 2018 12:10

Freakzilla wrote:Malky's only significance is that he was a favored companion of Leto which gave them the idea to make Hwi, his opposite clone, to woo him.


I do sometimes wonder, though, whether Malky was engineered in some way to be suitable for Leto, or whether it was a coincidence and he just really liked the guy. When I think about the book it seems to me that Malky may have shared some characteristics that Leto had; cunning, devious and of the disposition to make it look like he was doing something while really doing something else, and with a 'touch of the worm' about him - that characteristic of ferocity or animal nature that goes beyond rationality and it more like the blood calling to action. Maybe I could call it the killer instinct, or a touch of cruelty. Although Malky is in some sense portrayed as being something of a scoundrel, I think the questionable qualities in him may be similar qualities that Leto recognizes in himself, minus of course the noble purpose. Which I guess would make Hwi, as his opposite, all noble purpose and no killer instinct; completely without guile, and embodying Leto's other side, so that between them Malky and Hwi comprise Leto's main attributes.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18147
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Freakzilla » 27 Jan 2018 10:07

georgiedenbro wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Malky's only significance is that he was a favored companion of Leto which gave them the idea to make Hwi, his opposite clone, to woo him.


I do sometimes wonder, though, whether Malky was engineered in some way to be suitable for Leto, or whether it was a coincidence and he just really liked the guy. When I think about the book it seems to me that Malky may have shared some characteristics that Leto had; cunning, devious and of the disposition to make it look like he was doing something while really doing something else, and with a 'touch of the worm' about him - that characteristic of ferocity or animal nature that goes beyond rationality and it more like the blood calling to action. Maybe I could call it the killer instinct, or a touch of cruelty. Although Malky is in some sense portrayed as being something of a scoundrel, I think the questionable qualities in him may be similar qualities that Leto recognizes in himself, minus of course the noble purpose. Which I guess would make Hwi, as his opposite, all noble purpose and no killer instinct; completely without guile, and embodying Leto's other side, so that between them Malky and Hwi comprise Leto's main attributes.


I don't think Malky was engineered for Leto's court, at least I don't recall and evidence of that in the text, but I'm sure he was selected, if not bred, for the role.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Ampoliros
Posts: 2517
Joined: 14 Mar 2008 11:22
Location: I think we took a wrong turn...

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Ampoliros » 18 Feb 2018 12:18

iirc Hwi mentions something about being the created as the complete opposite of Malky. I'm not sure where but I got the impression that Malky was at the very least molded to be a foil to Leto and based off Leto's reaction, Hwi was created.

Guess it's time to read GEoD again.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18147
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Freakzilla » 20 Feb 2018 07:45

Ampoliros wrote:iirc Hwi mentions something about being the created as the complete opposite of Malky. I'm not sure where but I got the impression that Malky was at the very least molded to be a foil to Leto and based off Leto's reaction, Hwi was created.

Guess it's time to read GEoD again.


That's exactly what Leto noted about her to Moneo.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

distrans
Posts: 308
Joined: 04 Jan 2013 01:06

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby distrans » 20 Feb 2018 19:24

they invested the lions share of their civilization to create hwi

it would be interesting to discover what reactions to malky by the god emperor made this seem like a reasonable investment...

georgiedenbro
Posts: 736
Joined: 11 Jun 2014 13:56
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby georgiedenbro » 23 Feb 2018 14:19

distrans wrote:they invested the lions share of their civilization to create hwi


How do you know that?
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"

distrans
Posts: 308
Joined: 04 Jan 2013 01:06

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby distrans » 23 Feb 2018 18:51

I recall a line where leto mentions how much it cost him to build a no-room and that it must of bankrupted them to build the place where she was born and grew up

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6621
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Re: MALKY WAS THE IXIAN KWISATZ HADERACH!

Postby Omphalos » 26 Feb 2018 10:17

that sounds more like something Bobo and Teh Hack would have said.


Return to “˱”