Keith J. Hackerson's DUNE BLOG / tehKJA's Blahg(kjablog.com)

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Ampoliros

Re: Keith J. Hackerson's DUNE BLOG / tehKJA's Blahg(kjablog.com)

Post by Ampoliros »

good lord...

I read some of the synopses for the self published books there by hopefuls...

gawd damn...Seriously that shit is hilarious.

And I was reading the bestseller list, No KJA to be seen.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Consummate Cunt shall be his new designation.

No mention of the font or source of the cover illustrations that I can see.

Typical.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I'm torn on whether this is a worse violation of Frank's legacy than the actual writing. One thing keeps it in check, I don't think Keith's ebook extravaganza is really going to do much in sales.

I'm almost more offended that KJA is now some kind of 'licensed vendor' for Frank's estate. Its as if we can no longer enjoy or support Frank's DUNE without paying a fee to KJA. It was one thing for KJA to hack out his own shit and sell it under Frank's logo, but now he's literally profiting from sales of Frank's own work?

Dark tidings which I cannot abide. My belief in the OH has been refreshed a 1000 times over. The hack has become a full parasite.
Hadi Benotto

Post by Hadi Benotto »

Its as if we can no longer enjoy or support Frank's DUNE without paying a fee to KJA.
This is the reason why I tend to shop in used book stores.
No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

How long before we hear some preeq say, "I thought Frank Herbert was an early pen name."
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Hadi Benotto

Post by Hadi Benotto »

The same day you read about Sandchigger literally reaching through the internet and beating the same preeq about the head with his own keyboard.
No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:shock:

:lol:

Some day... :pray: :dance:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

I would get a great deal of satisfaction from these events coinciding.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

You're not alone in that, D Pope! :lol:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Sev

Post by Sev »

His dictahiking spiel was more of a sad joke than ever in Australia:
fatbastard wrote:With only four chapters remaining in HELLHOLE AWAKENING, I was determined to get at least some of them done. I got up early, had a quick breakfast, and took my notes and recorder along with a map, heading out to Kings Park—a gigantic and beautiful botanical park in the middle of the city on the headlands overlooking the Indian Ocean. I got one chapter finished (three left to go!),
Gee, thanks Keith, I can count you know...
fatbastard wrote:before I had to get back to the hotel for a 10 AM interview with the Western Australian newspaper. Finished with the interview (and bolstered by another cup of coffee—“flat white”—I headed off again to Kings Park and spent two hours dictating two more chapters. Only one left,
I SAID I CAN FUCKING COUNT!!!!
fatbastard wrote:but I needed to get back for lunch with Rebecca. We grabbed a sandwich at a café across the street, and then I trudged back to the park
While Jabecca stayed behind and had three helpings of dessert.
fatbastard wrote:—and finished my final chapter in the novel. Quite a relief.
This insistence of his that he can ONLY write while hiking/walking is so far past a cliche now. :hand:
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

From his latest blog:
We met a lot of fans, signed a lot of books, gave talks, answered questions, and made plenty of new friends.
Right. Not "meeting celebrities", but making "new friends". So many more names to drop in future blog entries, I guess.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Sev wrote:His dictahiking spiel was more of a sad joke than ever in Australia:
fatbastard wrote:With only four chapters remaining in HELLHOLE AWAKENING, I was determined to get at least some of them done. I got up early, had a quick breakfast, and took my notes and recorder along with a map, heading out to Kings Park—a gigantic and beautiful botanical park in the middle of the city on the headlands overlooking the Indian Ocean. I got one chapter finished (three left to go!),
Gee, thanks Keith, I can count you know...
fatbastard wrote:before I had to get back to the hotel for a 10 AM interview with the Western Australian newspaper. Finished with the interview (and bolstered by another cup of coffee—“flat white”—I headed off again to Kings Park and spent two hours dictating two more chapters. Only one left,
I SAID I CAN FUCKING COUNT!!!!
fatbastard wrote:but I needed to get back for lunch with Rebecca. We grabbed a sandwich at a café across the street, and then I trudged back to the park
While Jabecca stayed behind and had three helpings of dessert.
This insistence of his that he can ONLY write while hiking/walking is so far past a cliche now. :hand:
That was quite the count down to a thunderous event, Nayla.......
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

And, as usual, food and drink play a starring role in a Keith travelogue. Stunning.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
lotek

Post by lotek »

that's how I feel when I had a crap.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

lotek wrote:
That's not what he's talking about?
-Omphalos
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

D Pope wrote:
lotek wrote:
That's not what he's talking about?
It really is.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Sev

Post by Sev »

fatbastard wrote:Audible.com has just released a new batch of audiobook versions of some of my classic novels...
:? Wait a minute...classic novels...

classic novels :?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Just... WOW. :snooty:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

fatbastard wrote:Audible.com has just released a new batch of audiobook versions of some of my classic novels...
delusional dickhead wrote:... all read by Jim Meskimen ...
Whothefuckisthat ... ? :think:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

fatbastard wrote: Audible.com has just released a new batch of audiobook versions of some of my classic novels...
The balls on that guy...
I bring nothing to the table.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Freakzilla wrote:Just... WOW. :snooty:
That about covers it.
-Omphalos
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I think its a threat, he's obviously trying to remind us how much everyone wanted Classic Coke when New Coke was released.

It means while the other nuDune books were merely shots across the bow, Sisterhood will be going straight for the nads of the OH:

The Sisterhood started in a lesbian pride parade by Normacle and their goal is to create the Kwisatz Haderach to control all men. They know from day one that his name will be Paul, that its required he be born at a special disguised BG hospital on Kaitain and that they will have to lie about his birthplace to protect the BG, and that he receive training from Jongleur Assassin Face Dancers in order to be come the ultimate power. The crucial moment in the book will involve a crack team of incestuous lesbian Fremen sisters who have to ride a sandworm down a thin valley at breakneck speeds and shoot a Atomic-LAW rocket into a small design flaw of one of the last remaining outposts of Omnius robot-terminator hunter-killers. Even though they've been called BG from the beginning of the book, they will come up with the name at the end. Turns out the lead lesbian Fremen Sister was named Gessie, and she was so good at her job...
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Man, I wish y'all wouldn't give him ideas.

But, :clap:
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I forgot one part: Gessie's mother is a Fremen Sayyadina who uses Other Memory to recall an ancient poetic text by her paternal great-grandfather^2000 "The Boss" from which she gets her daughter's name.

When we point out that Rick Springfield in fact wrote Jessie's Girl, not Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen, we are reminded about how there are errors in any history.
Sev

Post by Sev »

Something on one of the Hack's recent blog-turds about his new 'Death Warmed Up' series didn't sit right for some reason - and it's finally occurred to me what it is.
gobshite wrote:It’s been years since I took a break from my books under contract to write a novel that so grabbed me, so captivated my imagination that I had to put all other projects On Pause until I wrote it. The last one to do that for me was CAPTAIN NEMO.
This is from a couple of weeks ago - and yet seemed awfully familiar. Turns out he said something remarkably similar about 'Shitterhood.'
gobshite wrote:We still have two more inquels to do, after WINDS and PAUL, but those are independent books, and we plan to go back to them later; right now, we found ourselves much more engrossed with this story in the early time period.
Okay, so maybe they're not identical, but he's still a lying sack of shit.