Michael Critchton dies at 66

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

TheDukester

Michael Critchton dies at 66

Post by TheDukester »

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/ ... n-dies/?hp

Very sad, no matter what you might think of him as an author. Personally, when he was at his best, I thought he was very good. I'd recommend Eaters of the Dead and The Great Train Robbery, among others. He also wrote more SF than many people realize.

BTW, this news is not even being reported yet at CNN.com. Shameful. They really might as well rename the site Obama.com. :?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

you're right, I've been on cnn.com all day, (just for their election graphics - I like them)
{edit: drudge just now got it up}

hadn't heard. Eaters of the Dead was one of my favorites.

R.I.P.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Purge

Post by Purge »

RIP.

I loved Eaters of the Dead.
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Sad Sad Sad...

I read Jurassic Park for perhaps the fourth time in my life this past summer. Lots of good sci-fi there. The scenes with Ian Malcolm's morphine-induced ranting as he dies are truly beautiful.

I read Jurassic Park twice when I was in third grade, once in fifth grade (understanding it on a new level), and once again this past summer (fully comprehending its themes and such, now that I'm at the age of 22 :P)...
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

:(

I didn't realise Andromeda Strain was one of his :shock: Might have to check that out - Jurassic Park was brilliant.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Sole Man

on Micheal Crichton's passing

Post by Sole Man »

Adios Amigo...
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Baraka Bryan wrote:never read jurassic park myself... loved the movies as a kid and still watch them on occasion. I think i'll have to pick that one up.
That's never a bad idea.
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

I loved Andromeda Strain. IIRC it was my first sci-fi book. RIP Michael Crichton, you will be missed.
I am a mortal god.