RACISM IS OVER!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Have you tried reading Numbers? Give me the movie any day :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
Mandy wrote:The ladies who work in the office with my mom are all running out to buy the Left Behind series.. I shit you not! They bought the Obama is the Antichrist story, hook, line, and sinker.
And they think Left Behind is going to give them some answers? What about the bible? Wouldnt that be better? :roll:
It's nice to have something to read while you're waiting to be cast into a lake of fire.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Sole Man

on Jesus the Chirst

Post by Sole Man »

42 men in the field...Scary.

When you die, what if Heaven wasn't what you thought it would be.

Fuck this! Send me back! I want my beer!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Drunken Idaho wrote:...if Jesus actually did do the second coming thing...
Sorry, but that's one seriously dead Jew that ain't ever coming back.

But if he did...

I'd be first in line with the hammer and nails to put the fucker back where he belongs.

Who's bringing the tree?

(Odd...I wasn't aware that an original Aramaic manuscript of Matthew had been discovered. When was that, and where?)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SandChigger wrote:
Drunken Idaho wrote:...if Jesus actually did do the second coming thing...
Sorry, but that's one seriously dead Jew that ain't ever coming back.

But if he did...

I'd be first in line with the hammer and nails to put the fucker back where he belongs.

Who's bringing the tree?

(Odd...I wasn't aware that an original Aramaic manuscript of Matthew had been discovered. When was that, and where?)
Lotsa trees up here - I'll bring that.

Who's bringing the casserole though?
Sole Man

On killing that Jew

Post by Sole Man »

I'll bring the gas oven.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Sloey, all joking aside, shut the fuck up.)

Well, pending Purge or orald sweeping in to straighten things out, I believe Aramaic was the daily language of most Jews at the time. If Rabbi Joshuah ben-Joseph existed (and I suspect there was a real man, a revivalist of the apocalyptic flavor from the boonies), he no doubt spoke Aramaic and read Hebrew. [And in case it comes up here, no, his name probably wasn't what I wrote there but it sure the hell wasn't "Iesous", because he was a Jew, not a Greek.]

The area had been increasingly Hellenized after it was conquered by Alexander and AFAIK the process continued under the Romans. Because of Ole Al, Greek was the lingua franca for the eastern part of the Empire.

It appears there is a group of loons who think the New Testament was composed first in Aramaic and then translated into Greek. Probably true for Matthew, which targeted Jews, but less plausible for the other NT books. The Great Snake-oil Salesman and True Founder of Christianity, S/Paul, wouldn't have written letters to his goyim fans in a language they didn't speak, now would he? (Paul is kind of an archetype for Kevin, you know? Comes in and hijacks someone else's ideas, cheapens them with lots of special effects WOW and sells sells sells! :lol: )

Out of curiosity, where did you hear that about the Aramaic/Hebrew verb, Bryan?
Last edited by SandChigger on 06 Nov 2008 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Kevin of Tarsus ?
priceless.

check your damn mail,
I gotta problem ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Did anyone who actually was alive during the time of big J actually write any of the NT?

I've heard different things on this.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Depends on who you listen to. ;)

SPaul was a contemporary, but the two never met. (Um, no, I don't buy the "Road to Damascus" story. Think "safety deposit box with floppies and Frank and Beverly looking down favorably and guiding us." :roll: Probably heat stroke or some kind of fit.) He got nailed (well, beheaded actually) in 64 or 67.

Mark is generally thought to be the oldest gospel, probably written around the destruction of Jerusalem in 70. Matthew and Luke are later, and are based on Mark (and, probably, another common source called Q). Just found this nice illustration on WP:

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

you know, I didn't mean to start all this with my little story, I was just
offering some entertainment.... You've completely derailed the "Racism
is Over" thread.

effing Jews, alla time with their Torah & arguments .....
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

G-d bless you, my wayward son! :P
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I like Julian May's future for the individual human races. In the near future aliens intervene, give us an application to the galactic civilization and let each race colonize a planet.

I like the idea of preserving the races better than them all blending together. Not for any racist ideal but I think they all have their unique qualities worth preserving.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I liked Chad Oliver's. He posited that every planet in the Milky Way that could sustain life was full of human life, but other galaxies were full of aliens, one each basically per galaxy. The rough stuff would not start until they learned supra liminal travel.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Freakzilla wrote:I like Julian May's future for the individual human races. In the near future aliens intervene, give us an application to the galactic civilization and let each race colonize a planet.

I like the idea of preserving the races better than them all blending together. Not for any racist ideal but I think they all have their unique qualities worth preserving.
I think I believe in evolution. Human beings developed into the races due to physical factors, separtion of groups, etc. Now that technology allows global travel, large scale immigration, &etc, the races are going to be "re-mixed". I think this is just the direction of evolution.

Then again, I like Mexicans alot, as a people, and la raza didn't exist before the 1500s. Maybe the development and passing of the separate races is just .... natural.

By the way, Chig, with the Japanese being the most anal of racists on the planet, how are they reacting to our new Colored President-elect ? Is there a difference between what their media is saying and what the Nip On The Street thinks ?
ImageImage

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Was sent this by a friend. It's hilarious and also tragically stupid at the same time.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8Uc5BFogE

At least it's good for a laugh, until the end makes you groan.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

SandRider wrote:By the way, Chig, with the Japanese being the most anal of racists on the planet, how are they reacting to our new Colored President-elect ? Is there a difference between what their media is saying and what the Nip On The Street thinks ?
They seem to be pretty cool about it. "Library Guy" (some whack job who works(?) in the department library a floor down from me) was practically creaming himself over it Wednesday; in fact, I found out Obama had pretty much won from him. Haven't been listening to any of the local media this week, so I really don't know how it's been playing there. (Teg, you been paying attention?)

Japanese people don't really hate blacks or whites or other Asians.

They just don't want their children to marry any. :P

(And yes, I fully support the Bullworth Solution: "A voluntary, free spirited, open-ended program of procreative racial deconstruction. Everybody just gotta keep fuckin' everybody til they're all the same color." :D )
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

ImageImage

Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

SandChigger wrote: Japanese people don't really hate blacks or whites or other Asians.
Tell that to the survivors of the Nan King massacre.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
SandChigger wrote: Japanese people don't really hate blacks or whites or other Asians.
Tell that to the survivors of the Nan King massacre.
If it was a real massacre, there weren't any, were there? :P

Seriously, I mean, come on. Let's not do the holier-than-thou thing, how about? And please don't put me in the position or role of defender of these people, because I'm not going to. I don't like them as a group/people/nation enough for that. Most of the people responsible are long dead. And if you think the Japanese government's refusal to own up to the misdeeds of the past reflects the will of the average Joh on the street over here then you haven't really been paying attention to the situation in the States these last eight years.

So allow me to rephrase: NONE of the people I know and consider friends is a racist. (Stands to figure, though, if they're friends with me, right? ;) )

Well, OK, one does tend to rant a bit about the "Jews of the Orient" now and then, but then I do as well. I am absolutely NO FAN of the PRC as a country. I just hope they collapse on their own before we have to nuke them. :twisted:

Now, as for Johnny on the Pat(mos)...he was a bit of a loon, no? Tra-tra-traumatized, by gawd. And all that "In the beginning was Reason, and Reason was with God, and Reason was God" crypto-nonsense...he was a closet Gnostic or I'll eat Hyppo's huevos raunchyros.

:mrgreen:
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Hey, your country would be fucked up if it had a nuke dropped on it too. Cut the Japanese some slack :)

Seriously, every nation has skeletons in the closet, even those you'd never expect. That's why war sucks; it's a big free for all, with people doing things to each other that they'd never think of doing in any other situation. That's not specific to any ethnic group; that a trait common among all humans.

People are wonderful individually. It's when we get into groups that we all become fucking lunatics.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nah, some of us can be pretty nasty all on our own. ;)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Al-Qaida #2 man, al-Zawahri, calls Obama "House Negro":

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-wo ... ida.Obama/

:lol:
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Isreal boycotts UN forum on racism:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081119/ts_ ... conference

(The Prime Minister looks kinda doable!)
~Pink Snowman
Purge

Post by Purge »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandChigger wrote:(Sloey, all joking aside, shut the fuck up.)

Well, pending Purge or orald sweeping in to straighten things out, I believe Aramaic was the daily language of most Jews at the time. If Rabbi Joshuah ben-Joseph existed (and I suspect there was a real man, a revivalist of the apocalyptic flavor from the boonies), he no doubt spoke Aramaic and read Hebrew. [And in case it comes up here, no, his name probably wasn't what I wrote there but it sure the hell wasn't "Iesous", because he was a Jew, not a Greek.]

The area had been increasingly Hellenized after it was conquered by Alexander and AFAIK the process continued under the Romans. Because of Ole Al, Greek was the lingua franca for the eastern part of the Empire.

It appears there is a group of loons who think the New Testament was composed first in Aramaic and then translated into Greek. Probably true for Matthew, which targeted Jews, but less plausible for the other NT books. The Great Snake-oil Salesman and True Founder of Christianity, S/Paul, wouldn't have written letters to his goyim fans in a language they didn't speak, now would he? (Paul is kind of an archetype for Kevin, you know? Comes in and hijacks someone else's ideas, cheapens them with lots of special effects WOW and sells sells sells! :lol: )

Out of curiosity, where did you hear that about the Aramaic/Hebrew verb, Bryan?
religions class in high school and had a pastor that preached on the passage before.

also yes, matthew targeted jews and wrote in aramaic, but the rest of the NT was written in greek. actually mark was targeted at romans, so might have been written in latin? or whatever form of it existed at that time...
I doubt any book of the NT was written outside of Greek. Matthew may make the largest attempt to use of "quotes" from the OT but that doesn't mean it was written in Aramaic. From what I've seen Matthew quotes largely from a Greek translation of the "OT", whose translators and translations are dubious.

Matthew may very well have been targeting Jews, but it would appear that he was targeting Greek-speakers throughout the Roman empire. Hebrew was still the language of prayer and religious study, and the Judean form of Aramaic came in handy as well. Greek not so much.

Outside of the Roman allied and hand picked High Priest and the small group of Sadducees, I doubt Greek had serious legs in Judea in the first century amongst the majority of the Jewish population.

And by the time the gospels are estimated to have been committed to writing (mostly after the Jewish revolt) the Jerusalem church (ie. James, Peter) had been seriously damaged, and the Hellenist Christians (ie. Pauls followers) would've had pretty much free reign to dispense their brand.

I don't know if there were ever any writings done in Hebrew or Aramaic about Jesus. But I feel pretty certain saying that nothing in the NT was composed outside of the Greek language. They were written in Greek for Greek speakers throughout the Roman empire.

You would have been hard pressed sucessfully targeting and converting any signficant numbers of Aramaic speaking Jews 30 years after Jesus' death, using foreign Greek concepts like virgin birth (which Matthew I believe is one of only two gospels to promote). Not so with Hellenized Greek-speaking communities accross the Roman empire.