Defense of the New Books

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I think i'm going slightly mad. Thats what i deserve for abandoning the fight for a few weeks.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Simon

Post by Simon »

GamePlayer wrote:If some want to start over, then do so. Sign the armistice and get back on subject. Otherwise, let's drop the misplaced righteous indignation.
Yup. That's why I'm taking the Duke's advice. Post or Don't. Problem solved.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

"For what we are about to see next, we must enter quietly into the realm of genius."
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

SandRider wrote:Rest easy, Simon. Thanks to the SandChigger's All-Seeing Eyes,
I have found a more worthy repository for my online hate & rage :

http://chiggerblog.hairyticksofdune.net/blog/?p=252
http://www.bloggernews.net/118599
http://www.andrewiandodge.com/
http://www.amazon.com/Gathering-Dark-ot ... 312&sr=1-3
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/searc ... an%20Dodge

I've not participated in the Amazon Reviews because I've never bought
anything from Amazon and have no desire to - however, this guy
might be worth it.....
on his blog, Andy (to his wife, I guess) wrote: http://www.andrewiandodge.com/
SandRider....My Stalker Explains Himself ....
Category: Amusements, Writing

hi andy.
well, my response to you on the blog site was deleted and I’ve been IP banned from that site, so you’ve got that going for you. I don’t think I’m interested enough to post via proxy servers, and besides, I don’t like posting Dune related under any name but SandRider. And for the moment, I’m bored with you anyway. Still, and trying to be civil here, I think you should understand what KJA, Brian Herbert, and the HLP have done and are doing to the Legacy of Frank Herbert. The Star Wars-style Franchise cash-cow is destroying that Legacy. Maybe you liked the Comic Book guy’s take on Dune. We don’t. We REALLY don’t. And we don’t like people who promote the new books, especially people who promot the new books while exhibiting zero knowledge of Frank Herbert. (That’d be you) Anyway, our purpose has been served - anyone stumbling onto that site while searching for Dune related stuff will find the jacurut forum’s link. That’s all we want anyway - equal time. (I go a little overboard with the personal venom, but then, I don’t like pretentious web-writing people (like you) who think they are some kind of great artist because they’ve got WordPress software.) But don’t let my crankiness and mean-spirited language dissuade you from taking a look at jacurutu, getting the background and truth on the HLP issue, and not posting foolish reviews again.

This is in response to this review of the new Dune book. Its amusing he wonders why I did not go over to Jacurutu site. Considering I never actually posted anything over there; one wonders why I would?

That being said he does actually have valid points. Alas, he seems to be unable to be civil in any of his writings which does rather lessen the effect.

Angry fan boyz (and girlz) ranting against my reviews are always amusing. I get quite a few over at Blogcritics.com, or rather Marty does. they are still mad at me over my review of the last Harry Potter book (clue I didn’t think it was the greatest thing every written).

This fool posted his rants on posts on several sites I frequent. Most of the time on posts not related to this subject. This one appeared under the New Delhi post below.

Oh he thinks Andrew Ian Dodge is pretentious pseudonym. I have told my parents this and they think its rather funny…considering it was the name they gave me when I was born.
Its amusing he wonders why I did not go over to Jacurutu site. Considering I never actually posted anything over there; one wonders why I would?
I read over this several times and still can't find where I wondered why he hadn't "gone over" to the site - I wouldn't know if he had, anyway - no, he didn't post here, he posted on the "Blogger News Network". I told him several times to come look and get some background.
Alas, he seems to be unable to be civil in any of his writings which does rather lessen the effect.
I can't argue with that, but so what ?
Angry fan boyz (and girlz) ranting against my reviews are always amusing.
Andy's easily amused - twice in this post. He was somehow amused with the death and destruction in the "Dune series" as well, but that was one of the comments he still hasn't responded to.
This fool posted his rants on posts on several sites I frequent. Most of the time on posts not related to this subject. This one appeared under the New Delhi post below.
I posted on several of his "articles" at Blogger New Network for several days trying to prod him to return to the review, which he eventually did. The posts were of the "Blah-blah-blah. Never mind your hatred & fear of Islam; go defend your review of Paul of Dune". I posted this comment on his "website" under the most recent post - he has "comments held for moderation" on so I knew he'd look at it. And he did. Duh. (I'm posting this on his site under today's entry, some silly shit about semiautomatic weapons)(Andy has terrorists in his neighborhood. He's seen them. He called MI6 or whoever, they told him to fuck himself and where's your visa, anyway ?)
Oh he thinks Andrew Ian Dodge is pretentious pseudonym.
In the first comment on his review I said, in part : "You are not a “reviewer” in any sense of the word, just another attention-seeker with a keyboard, internet connection and pretentious false user name. Blah." So maybe "Andrew Ian Dodge" is or is not his real name. Either way, it's still pretentious as all hell.

Take a look at the stuff on his site. No comments whatsoever. He's writing this to himself.
Your writing your blog to yourself, Andy.

Email the "senior editor" at Blogger News Network, Simon Barrett zzsimonb@gmail.com,
ask him to delete your review of Paul of Dune, and I'll call it even.
Post any kinda silly shit you want about heavy metal music and the threat of worldwide Islam,
but shill for the HLP, and I'll be on you like stink on KJA's books.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

This is the idiot I blogged about, right? The one who wrote about "Maud'Dib aka Paul Arrakis"?

Why bother with him? He's an idiot and not worth the time. The likening of Dune fans to Potter fans should tell you that.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

There is no worse geek in existence than the geek that bashes others about their geekiness in a sad, pathetic attempt to gain acceptance from non-geeks.

I agree with my chigga, these geeks-in-denial do not deserve our time, only our pity :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Embrace your inner geek, huh?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

InnerGothGirl tried that once.

He bit her. :shock:

Now they just sit at opposite corners of my mind and glare at each other....
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Balance...in all things, my friends. It's okay to be a geek and geek out (within reason); it's not okay to be a Harry Potter fan on a soapbox, hypocritically proclaiming KJA haters as "geeks". :)

"You're no daisy. You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung"

:P
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:"You're no daisy. You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung"
I loved Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday in Tombstone, his best role I think.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

"Why Ike...whatever do you mean?"

;) :P
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:"You're no daisy. You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung"
I loved him in that movie too. "Lunger!"

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
I loved him in that movie too. "Lunger!"
Appearantly, Ringo here is an educated man... now I know I hate him!

:P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

"Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know; let's have a spelling contest!"

:P :lol:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Just not the same without his accent.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Unfront

Post by Unfront »

Ok, I am new here. (I just introduced meself in the "introduce yourself" forum under the 'what is your profession' thread.

Any way, I do not mean to beat a dead horse here :beat dead horse: but I wanted to vent a little about Paul of Dune.

I love Frank Herbert's Dune (as do we all). I was even open minded about the prequels but never held them in the esteem that I continue to hold Franks books (as if anyone actually would hold them in any esteem). I too noticed the inconsistencies between the prequels and original series. I could even live with them as they are not true Dune. But when I read in Paul of Dune that these two Jack-ball writers were blaming all of the inconsistencies on Irulan as if SHE made the mistakes....that was it....I would have used the book as toilette paper right then and there if it were not for the rough paper.

Ok...there.....I just had to vent. I realize that none of this is new to you guys...but I just had to get it out. :vomit:

Thanks for keeping the spirit alive!!!!!!!! Long live Jacurutu!!!!!!!
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Unfront wrote:Ok, I am new here. (I just introduced meself in the "introduce yourself" forum under the 'what is your profession' thread.

Any way, I do not mean to beat a dead horse here :beat dead horse: but I wanted to vent a little about Paul of Dune.

I love Frank Herbert's Dune (as do we all). I was even open minded about the prequels but never held them in the esteem that I continue to hold Franks books (as if anyone actually would hold them in any esteem). I too noticed the inconsistencies between the prequels and original series. I could even live with them as they are not true Dune. But when I read in Paul of Dune that these two Jack-ball writers were blaming all of the inconsistencies on Irulan as if SHE made the mistakes....that was it....I would have used the book as toilette paper right then and there if it were not for the rough paper.

Ok...there.....I just had to vent. I realize that none of this is new to you guys...but I just had to get it out. :vomit:

Thanks for keeping the spirit alive!!!!!!!! Long live Jacurutu!!!!!!!
Wow! that's the man!

When I read House Atreides I felt the same. Share your thought, rage and ideas with us,

Shai-Hulud, and welcome!
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

Unfront

Post by Unfront »

Thank you for the warm welcome.

And I forgot to mention that, even after they blame Irulan for everything...the continue to write in even more inconcistencies.......as if to say F... You to all the OH'ers.

What an affront....
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Though I've been bashing them since the moment I learned of their poor quality, I have to agree the attack upon Frank's own works as if they were somehow subordinate to the HLP's need to sell more shitty books is an affront. It's a kick in the teeth like no other those two hacks have dared attempt before. But really, how can we expect anything from KJA and the other guy except to drag Dune to new lows? :)

This latest "Irulan Incident" merely validates the years of well deserved criticism. I hope it swells up in KJA and every time I hear him cry "talifan" or bitch about "critical darlings", I KNOW he's hurting and his ego is torn asunder :)
Unfront

Post by Unfront »

Since when was the Dune universe all about sword play? I mean, the freakquels are so much about sword fighting that it makes me think that these two clownerific ass-clowns have watched way WAY too much Kill Bill or something. I also like how Paul of Dune's ending for the "Pre-Dune" part ends in a battle that is reminiscant of Spartacus. Complete with Rabban on a horse wearing a plumed helmet (a.k.a. Roman Helmet)....The whole book was written so these clownpounding writers can cover up their mistakes.....a la "My sward was first blooded on Gumman" - Duncan in Dune....against that stupid battle on Ginaz in the freakquel. .....'oh no...his new sword was frist blooded on Gruman...that is what Frank meant!!!! We were right all along!!!!' :Adolf:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

The "Duncan Sword" thing also shows how anal retentive Kevin J. Anderson is about being right and having the last word.

By demoting Frank Herbert's books to in-universe texts, he has already provided himself with an almighty, all-purpose cover for any and every inconsistency and mistake he has ever and will ever make in writing his McDune books: blame it on Irulan (or Harq al-Ada or Sister Whoever or Gaus Andaud). Anyone but Kevin (and the other guy).

So he really didn't have to include the stupid sword shit, but probably went ahead and did so just because people have complained about it so much. Just like he had to have Paul and Irulan discuss the "Birth on Kaitain" crap yet again. (Duncan and Garimi already talked about it in Hunters or Sandworms, I forget which.)

Of course, there's also the possibility that the other meaning of "sword play" has had an influence here as well. ;)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

speaking as a former professional rodeo clown, I take offense
at "clownerific ass-clown" and "clownpounding" .... :evil:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Baraka Bryan wrote:remember....
just cuz the books aren't worthy to be used to wipe your ass doesn't preclude you from shitting on them!!
Now THAT is the correct text for the last demotivator picture.

Also true...

PS: Island = Space Station = Radiator = Poisonous snake = Fork = HiFi Speakers (I am NOT done laughing over that one).
Unfront

Post by Unfront »

I did not mean to insult clowns everywhere by insinuating that these two are professional clowns. I just meant to highlight the fact that they are clown pounding clownerific ass-clowns. Which has nothing to do with professional clowning, despite the similarity of the name. Again I apologize and profess that I think I would be more entertained by watching a professional rodeo clown as appose to reading more monkey written drivel from these to jack-ball's (not to make any offense to any professional jack ball's)

Do we know how much of these books that Brian actually writes apposed to Forehead boy?
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Some of us believe that the ratio is ... hang on, let me do the math ... 0 percent : 100 percent.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.