Jessica of Dune Predictions!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

sparafucile

Jessica of Dune Predictions!

Post by sparafucile »

Now that PoD's hit the shelves, the hacks twain are no doubt working on pushing out JoD. What are your predictions for this book?

- Now that the Tleilaxu have seen first hand that memories can be restored, they will milk this to the extreme by bringing back old enemies: Piter? Shaddam? Endless possibilities!
- Some pointless sideplot involving Jacurutu.

Any other thoughts? :lol:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

They will retcon the story in PuD where the BT KH wasn't actually killed by Marie Fenring, that was all a dream by one of the cast members on the TV show "Dallas".
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

You know Dune Messiah?

Irulan wrote that... Now this is what REALLY happened...

:shock: :puke:
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

JoD will probably be about Gurney Halleck and Jessica's perversions in the bedroom. Leto will come back as a ghola and challenge Gurney to single combat. They kill each other and Jessica has the BT create a combined Leto/Gurney ghola. There will then be a new love triangle between Jessica, Irulan, and Leto Halleck. This plot will not be resolved in Irulan of Dune. It will be dealt with quickly by Leto II through a Duncan Idaho ghola in Leto of Dune.

Then they'll all eat pie.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Sole Man

on Jessica of DUNE

Post by Sole Man »

There's gonna be a big chase scene and a weird cameo by Ben Stiller.

Plus a 500 page subplot that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with anything about how an aged Fremen named Byron Merrit killed all of the Sandchiggers on Arrakis, destroyed the Omphalos Stone, and banished all Freaks of knowledge.
Tleszer

Re: on Jessica of DUNE

Post by Tleszer »

Sole Man wrote:There's gonna be a big chase scene and a weird cameo by Ben Stiller.

Plus a 500 page subplot that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with anything about how an aged Fremen named Byron Merrit killed all of the Sandchiggers on Arrakis, destroyed the Omphalos Stone, and banished all Freaks of knowledge.
And then Sole Man, lasgun-slinger steps out of the shadows and saves Arrukus, the Dessert Planet, from pretzel-rider Byron and his cooking prowess?

Hark, the Alpha is coming... and O'Malley is pissed!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Poop, sparafucile, poop. :?

I was thinking of starting a year-long "Name Jessica's DARK THING" thread. Kinda beat me to it.

So...they've already said that Jessica will do something dark, very dark (Is "dark" suddenly chic or something?) and we'll all be blown away.

:roll:

I think Gurney knocks her up and she eats the fetus to get back in good with the Bene Gesserit.

After all, they're witches and witches eat children, right?
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

SandChigger wrote:I think Gurney knocks her up and she eats the fetus to get back in good with the Bene Gesserit.

After all, they're witches and witches eat children, right?
:twisted:

*insert Silent Hill 3 joke here (SPOILERS TO BE SURE)*

Jessica is one sick puppy!
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Sole Man wrote:...
:lol:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Can't kill ALL of us. And Mastah B has genetic samples. ... Oooh...Ghola Chiggers! :shock: )

Not mine yet. I guess I had better get that mail order jizz sample off to him. :D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Sole Man wrote:There's gonna be a big chase scene and a weird cameo by Ben Stiller.

- Some pointless sideplot involving Jacurutu.
I think you are both right...i can see the hacks making a parody of Jacurutu and yank about it with each other...Image
cmsahe

re:

Post by cmsahe »

Freakzilla wrote:They will retcon the story in PuD where the BT KH wasn't actually killed by Marie Fenring, that was all a dream by one of the cast members on the TV show "Dallas".
And a man named Parmalee will claim to be the Duke Leto, he will explain his new face as the result of plastic surgery after surviving an ornithopter accident (during the Harkonnen attack) In this way, the huge pyramid will be dismantled, because he is alive, but then Miss Ellie, sorry I mean Jessica will discover that he is just a Face Dancer!

Meanwhile the Bene Gesserit buys a lingerie franchise and...

(my plot sounds interesting Are you reading this BH/KJA? ;) )
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.

Who We Are and What We Stand For
viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

SandChigger wrote:(Can't kill ALL of us. And Mastah B has genetic samples. ... Oooh...Ghola Chiggers! :shock: )
An Honored Hyppo will sexually awaken the memories of the Ghola Chiggers :shock:
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
trang

Post by trang »

I think the entire book will be about jessica tring to get paul, alia, leto and ghanima to go west vergina. The title will be incest of dune.

Jessica is captured by benny and the gesserits on the way back to caladan, and they do some torture and twisting to get her back under their control. They never forgave her for making the KS by having paul instead of a daughter, and paul being outside their influence and unleashing him on the known universe.

We will get 515 pages of who she gets to sleep with who and how, and how she fails miserably.

The ending with the big dark scene where she finnaly just takes two bottle s of Jim beam, a ball bat (signed by babe ruth) a giant tickle feather and some barry white recordings and bags Leto.

In leto II of dune (stupid sounding title)(the early years) He will have her killed yet saving her cells. Somewhere along the line of his transformation he will have have her gholaized and her memores shocked back by the Bijaz memory recovery and juggling troop.Once her memories are resttored, leto will bed her worm style!!!! do the worm granny!!

Of course he will have her killed again and redo this, ala duncan style, a few hundred times to get payback.

They will of course squeeze in a section or two of her torid afair with Gurney, something like running thru the jungles of caladan an the primative caladanians area.

thats about my best guess, I guess.

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Mr. Teg wrote:
An Honored Hyppo will sexually awaken the memories of the Ghola Chiggers :shock:
.....who will then promptly kill themselves
:D

What...who...where am I...how many years hav... :shock:
UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!
Flatline.............
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Duh, Jessica tries to have Alia assassinated because she's all abominated.
She tries to have the children assassinated because they are all almost abominated. She ghola's Marie cause KJA can't stand to have his pwecious Superweapon die. Marie fails again in her seduction/assassination attempt of Alia. Fenring cries, but Alia sentences him to Life, again.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Ampoliros wrote:Duh, Jessica tries to have Alia assassinated because she's all abominated.
She tries to have the children assassinated because they are all almost abominated. She ghola's Marie cause KJA can't stand to have his pwecious Superweapon die. Marie fails again in her seduction/assassination attempt of Alia. Fenring cries, but Alia sentences him to Life, again.
awwwwww... spoilers!

:shock:

I always wondered how Paul went from being a tyrant emperor to being an anarchist preacher - It's a tremendous shift in character but because it happens between book it is never really explained...

:(
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

DuneFishUK wrote:
Ampoliros wrote:Duh, Jessica tries to have Alia assassinated because she's all abominated.
awwwwww... spoilers!

I always wondered how Paul went from being a tyrant emperor to being an anarchist preacher - It's a tremendous shift in character but because it happens between book it is never really explained...

It is, briefly, in Children of Dune. They fed him spice essence and tempted him with women until he pretty much went crazy.

I dissagree with your labeling him an anarchist though, he was trying to achieve a very specific goal.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Freakzilla wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:
awwwwww... spoilers!

It is, briefly, in Children of Dune. They fed him spice essence and tempted him with women until he pretty much went crazy.

I dissagree with your labeling him an anarchist though, he was trying to achieve a very specific goal.
Irulan included many inconsistencies... :roll:

(OOC: you're right, I forgot about that. And anarchist could have been the wrong word - was thinking in the anti-authority/government vein...)
Sole Man

Post by Sole Man »

Tleszer wrote:

Church is the Alpha.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Sole Man wrote:
Tleszer wrote:

Church is the Alpha.
Just wait until Tex shows up. Church won't be the Alpha for long.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Tleszer wrote:
Sole Man wrote:
Tleszer wrote:

Church is the Alpha.
Just wait until Tex shows up. Church won't be the Alpha for long.

what is tex then...?
Washington basically said that there are no such thing as ghosts so he thinks that Church is the Alpha. Now, either ghosts do exist in that universe, since Tex seems to be one, or she's also similar to the AI. Her personality didn't change that much after the O'Malley left her armor (she just might be slightly less evil :wink: ) This is just conjecture on my part.

God, I can't believe that I'm analyzing Red vs Blue :D
Sole Man

On Tex

Post by Sole Man »

I was pisse too, but I figured they wree going to do that.

There was a scene in RECONSTRCUTION when they first visit Church's base, and Caboose says something about him dating Tex. Wash responds with: "Agent Texas? But how could some-" and then Church interupts them. He could be referring to dating an A.I.

But, that's inconsistant. When asked about her code name, Tex responded with Nevada. Hurm...
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I think that they will have the Abominable Snowman appear in Alia's OM. Yea. That fits.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Omphalos wrote:I think that they will have the Abominable Snowman appear in Alia's OM. Yea. That fits.
The Abominable Snowman will be wearing a top hat and will sing and dance to "Puttin on the Ritz."

Also, he will be a ninja pirate that aches to plunder Mohiam's Pain Box.