Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: How did you discover Dune.

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote: also:
@Lundse - when you come back around to this thread,
would you please edit the subject line in your Original Post,
replacing the full-stop (period) with a question mark (?) ? ....
I can do that...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
endisbegun27

Re: How did you discover Dune?

Post by endisbegun27 »

i was an annoying stupid little kid when the first mini series was bein aired on sci fi channel
always stuck out in my head for years to come the blue eyes
also, when i was a kid i always used to play some dune game on the genesis, id have my spice harvesters run over soldiers and smush them
but it wasn't until 11th grade, 6 years ago that i actually sat down and read dune

im sure everyone would make fun of me for it lol but after every time i did some reading of dune, man oh man, i just felt SHARP, like really able to focus and it was just an amazing experience, theres never been another author thats had THAT kind of effect on me. reading franks stuff made me feel like i took a dose of spice each time, as corny as that sounds :p
until i see franks "notes" for myself, im still convinced they found a post-it that had the word cinnamon on it
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

That experience is not as unusual as you might think...
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

First time reading through Dune I actually fell into the whole BS of Paul's "divinity" or whatever you'd want to call it, I knew it was just manipulation the whole time, but emotionally it had me going. It was a weird experience actually, never again to be matched by any other book.

Now I can go back and read Dune from a more intellectual view of course, but that first time was really something different.