Any cigar smokers?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

mstrand

Any cigar smokers?

Post by mstrand »

I'm enjoying a H. Uppman Cabinet Selection on this gorgeous August Chicago evening and was wondering if anyone else enjoys a good Smoke?
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I'm a fan of cigars as well as pipe, but am about as unrefined/educated as it gets. I have a Romeo Y Julieta Cuban sitting on my shelf from my friends' wedding last month, but probably won't smoke it for a while. Cubans are a bit much for me honestly. Too much smoke in one sitting, and since they're perfectly legal here they really don't have that taboo mystique that they seem to in the states.

I'd like to get into smoking a pipe, but I'd hate for it to lead back to me smoking cigarettes.

BTW I like how you capitalized the word Smoke, I see you think very highly of it. :wink:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I've smoked a few over the years, but I'm no expert, either.

I used to smoke Indonesian Garams, but quit back in February or March.

No joy here. :(
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Centurion988

Post by Centurion988 »

mstrand that sounds so good to me. But I'm just an old prude. I've never been able to handle smoking of any type. My loss! :(
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

I have smoked I guess what you would call baby cigars...
I mean to Black and Milds count? If not I have always wanted to smoke one.
mstrand

Post by mstrand »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I'm a fan of cigars as well as pipe, but am about as unrefined/educated as it gets. I have a Romeo Y Julieta Cuban sitting on my shelf from my friends' wedding last month, but probably won't smoke it for a while. Cubans are a bit much for me honestly. Too much smoke in one sitting, and since they're perfectly legal here they really don't have that taboo mystique that they seem to in the states.
Cubans get more mystique than their worth. Yeah, they're good, but there's just nothing that makes them the end all of cigars. It's much easier to find something more suited to your tastes and smoking style in the other countries.
I'd like to get into smoking a pipe, but I'd hate for it to lead back to me smoking cigarettes.
I'd hate that, too. I'm back on the wagon myself, this time for good hopefully. Been fighting cigarettes off and on for the last 10 years, with the cigarettes winning 7 to 3.
BTW I like how you capitalized the word Smoke, I see you think very highly of it. :wink:
Borrowed that one from Kipling's poem, I think any serious cigar smokers recognize it.
SandChigger wrote:I used to smoke Indonesian Garams, but quit back in February or March.
I've never had one of those, how do you recommend them?
Centurion988 wrote:mstrand that sounds so good to me. But I'm just an old prude. I've never been able to handle smoking of any type. My loss!
Well atleast you didn't call them turd sticks like my dad.
Agent Orange wrote: I have smoked I guess what you would call baby cigars...
I mean to Black and Milds count? If not I have always wanted to smoke one.
Black & Milds are pipe tobacco, so technically, no.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I love the way a cigar smells, and I have smoked a few.. especially when drunk, but I don't like them otherwise. Too much smoke.
Mahnmut

Post by Mahnmut »

Ever since my Father caught my two brothers and I smoking behind the house, many , many , years ago, and proceeded to make us smoke a whole cigar sitting around the kitcen table. I can't even stand the smell of a cigar.
"Selcouth"
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Don't like the smell of cigars; however, I use to love the smell of my father-in-law's pipe. That was one smoking device I didn't mind being around.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

i'm by no means an expert, but sometime there is just nothing better than sitting down with a good brandy or whisky and enjoying a nice big cigar.

:cry: why did they have to take away smoking indoors? sitting in the lounge-bar at the Royal Grosvenor in Chester with a sloe gin or whisky and a cigar was a favourite past time, especially with the loung bad playing. bastard government.....
I am a mortal god.