Questions for KJA

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Questions for KJA

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm going to try to save my pennies to go to Dragon Con this Fall in Atlanta, where KJA will be a guest.

I've been trying to think of questions I would ask him if I got the chance.

1. Are you a member of the HLP?

2. Are you a Scientologist?

3. Why is your name associated with the new Dune movie?

Can y'all think of any more good questions I could ask?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

would you die for the sake of Dune?

if he answers yes, you know what to do..... :twisted:
I am a mortal god.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Ask him if Brian's fuzzy head feels good on his tummy during those marathon signing session cat-naps.
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

Who writes the first drafts of the "books"? I think I already know the answer.

:P
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Go there, Freak, and kick his assss! (I love this american expression :twisted: )
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Why do your books recap what took place two pages ago?

What's it like to be an egotistical asshole?

Are you a better DUNE writer than Frank Herbert now that you have written more Dune works than he has?

How does it feel to have a degree in physics yet you constantly misuse/ignore so many basic scientific principles or just get them plain wrong?

What is the ONE (snicker) error in all the Dune novels you have dictated?

If you write books faster than you can read them, how come your work is nothing but poor attempts to copy the work of better writers?

Rob
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

"In addition to new Dune books, I think a lot of fans would also like to see the publication of Frank Herbert's original unpublished notes and outlines. Do you have plans to do this?"

You could even mention Christopher Tolkien's History of Middle Earth series as a successful example of this kind of thing.

HBJ

(Yes, the "In addition to new Dune books ... " phrase is meant to flatter and disarm.)
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

I've been thinking about it, and I'm pretty sure the ONE error is the thing about the crysknives.

Not even KJA can rationalize having the exactly wrong definition. He can rationalize just about anything else, though.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
waff

Post by waff »

Hunchback Jack wrote:"In addition to new Dune books, I think a lot of fans would also like to see the publication of Frank Herbert's original unpublished notes and outlines. Do you have plans to do this?"

You could even mention Christopher Tolkien's History of Middle Earth series as a successful example of this kind of thing.

HBJ

(Yes, the "In addition to new Dune books ... " phrase is meant to flatter and disarm.)
He'd probably say the Road to Dune already did that and then will come up with a lame excuse for not publishing the Dune 7 notes.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

waff wrote:
Hunchback Jack wrote:"In addition to new Dune books, I think a lot of fans would also like to see the publication of Frank Herbert's original unpublished notes and outlines. Do you have plans to do this?"

HBJ

He'd probably say the Road to Dune already did that and then will come up with a lame excuse for not publishing the Dune 7 notes.
I was thinking about asking if they would do another book like RtD with the infamous Dune 7 outline included.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Ask him who he thinks he's fooling with that hideous comb-over.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

chanilover wrote:Ask him who he thinks he's fooling with that hideous comb-over.
I knew that was coming. :lol:
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Ask him how big his dick is that the HLP seem so eager to line up to take it up the ass.

Ask if he'd be afraid to sleep at night knowing there are dozens of people worldwide planning to kill him. Then say it was all a joke. :wink:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

HoosierDaddy wrote:Who writes the first drafts of the "books"? I think I already know the answer.
I like this one, especially if it's approached from a different angle:

"Does Brian Herbert, in fact, write any material for your alleged Dune books? Or are these, in fact, simply bad Kevin J. Anderson fanfic with a Herbert name attached to ensure higher sales?"
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

waff wrote:He'd probably say the Road to Dune already did that and then will come up with a lame excuse for not publishing the Dune 7 notes.
I guess. My response to that would be that in the intro to RtD they described "boxes" of notes, so there's obviously a lot more stuff there.

I don't seriously believe it will ever happen, mind you. As long as they have the mysterious box 'o' stuff from the Frankster, they can continue to claim that their fanfic is based on his ideas.

HBJ
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Why does Leto II, a being who has detailed memories of the Jihad, not mention anything about cyborg or AI overlords when considering and expounding upon the dangers of Ixian machines and a narrow path of "machine-logic" and why does he believe the jihad was started because "Humans had set those machines to usurp our sense of beauty, our necessary selfdom out of which we make living judgments"?
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I'd like you to please ask him if he and Brian ever changed something that they knew Frank wanted or intended. Id like to hear a non-evasive answer about that. Oh, and ask him what he's doing about world peace while you ar at it. :lol:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

"How can you control Brian's strings from so far away?"

+++++

(Sidebar: who are some of these other goons? Is this a shot of the HLP? A group of fans? I honestly don't know?)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

The fugly one in the back is Hyppoppoplythalia. :shock:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SimonH

Re: Questions for KJA

Post by SimonH »

Freakzilla wrote:I'm going to try to save my pennies to go to Dragon Con this Fall in Atlanta, where KJA will be a guest.

I've been trying to think of questions I would ask him if I got the chance.

2. Are you a Scientologist?

3. Why is your name associated with the new Dune movie?

after the recent behaviour at dune novels, make sure Byron isn't hiding in the wings with a stun gun or a gag! :D
Mr. Teg

Re: Questions for KJA

Post by Mr. Teg »

Freakzilla wrote:I've been trying to think of questions I would ask him if I got the chance.

Haha...just struck me it's kinda sounds like, "Excuse me, are you a member of the PLO?

Seriously, Sandchigger T-Shirt (or thong) signing with a pic!!!!!!!!! :D
Use your ninja skills :wink:
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Mr. Anderson, can you explain that comment about fans you call "Talifans" ?

Oh, and by the way, it's really been hell lately to go to DNBBS, there's that guy called Arnoldo and that...er...cat person name Hypatia that have taken over the forum and keep sucking up to Byron like there's no tomorrow... :roll:
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Mr. Anderson, given your deep interest in hiking, are you in flavor of and support organizations such as the Boy Scouts?
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Rakis wrote:Mr. Anderson, can you explain that comment about fans you call "Talifans" ?

Oh, and by the way, it's really been hell lately to go to DNBBS, there's that guy called Arnoldo and that...er...cat person name Hypatia that have taken over the forum and keep sucking up to Byron like there's no tomorrow... :roll:
"I tried to post on the official board, but this troll named 'boardadmin' ran me off! He's such a jerk. My posts keep getting mysteriously deleted, too. That place is full of trolls and idiots who don't know anything about your books. You really shouldn't permit that kind of behavior on the official board, it sucks for fans!"
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
orald

Post by orald »

TheDukester wrote:(Sidebar: who are some of these other goons? Is this a shot of the HLP? A group of fans? I honestly don't know?)
Targets, my friend, targets. :twisted:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.