Calling out Byron "the coward" Merritt

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Here, allow me to make it for you once more, then.)
Spice Grandson wrote:EDIT: And I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know how to fully interact with people. I'll let the commentary here speak for itself. And if you think that's calling someone names, then my point is made all the more.
Well I personally feel that the HLP is full of weak little people who are letting a loon and a hack ruin something that they should have treasured and done a much better job of sharing with the world...all for the sake of some transitory material gain.

Mooooooo!

(Oh, sorry, you Herbert/Merritts are more cute fluffy sheep than cows. Baaaaaaaa!)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Spice Grandson

Post by Spice Grandson »

Point made again.
Keep it civil. Keep it cool.

ImageImage

http://www.filmreviewstew.com
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I said I was going to make it for you, so your reply was unnecessary. Got anything else to say? Or is Kevin too busy to mind the puppet strings at the moment?
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Spice Grandson wrote:
Mandy wrote: it's only outlandish if the comment isn't favorable towards the new crap.
My point about Jacurutu made again. Thanks.
If you're going to play on the internet you really should develop thicker skin. You're pretty easily riled up, I don't understand why you bother to follow the OH around, if you can't take it. You knew before coming here that most of us have a very low opinion of the prequels and sequels. Now P&tB are "filling in the gaps" which is even more ridiculous than the gay cross dressing robots they created. The OH reaction to this is only going to get worse, if you can't man up a little, I suggest you pretend we don't exist. Or you could threaten all of us with legal action.. yeah that'll work :wink:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(I think he's cyberstalking us all. :shock: )
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I wonder if he's aware of the laws against that :)
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Spice Grandson wrote:I would also ask that anyone who claims that I've called them names to please show me where I've done this.
Sure.
Spice Grandson wrote:And I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know how to fully interact with people. I'll let the commentary here speak for itself. And if you think that's calling someone names, then my point is made all the more.
I guess you set this one up to be false though didn't you. At least we know what a metaphor is. :roll:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Didnt you tall someone over at Arrakeen an asswipe? Not sure who it was, but I distinctly remember it. Like a piece of toilet paper sitting on a pile of turds, or something like that. I remember thinking it was odd, but now I guess we know, certainly not unprecedented. :roll:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Spice Grandson wrote:EDIT: And I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know how to fully interact with people. I'll let the commentary here speak for itself. And if you think that's calling someone names, then my point is made all the more.
As the capitulating administrator of a corporate web forum that quashed legitimate consumer criticism of its products for financial gain, you are the last person who should be decrying the supposed faults of Jacurutu's board culture/membership. I understand what you did and why you did it and harbor no ill will, but your credibility has been forever compromised by your choice. You've crossed over; you make yourself comfortable with that and avoid character assassinations lest your own character be called justly into question.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:I don't understand why you bother to follow the OH around, if you can't take it.
Its because he knows in his heart that we are right. Hypatia is almost the same way, but she's got insanity to deal with too.

Can you all imagine how bad this really is for Byron? Obviously an educated man. Maybe not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but certainly not a spoon. Sitting around, getting phone calls from "uncle Kevin," telling him what to do, then having to commiserate with those total idiots over on DN, distinguishing the "finer points" of those turd novels? No wonder he hates us. We're free!

Goodnight Golden Path!
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Spice Grandson wrote:I would also ask that anyone who claims that I've called them names to please show me where I've done this.
Love to.

Oh, wait, the evidence is stored in a PM at Arrakeen. Too bad that site's been offline all year. While that case may not have directly been namecalling, it was certainly insulting, which I believe was my point at the time.

And yeah, there was that time you lashed out in a thread of your own creation at a certain member. Admittedly, that member wasn't being ENTIRELY civil towards you, so I can understand the outburst. But still, it's hard to claim the moral high ground when you're not only the one banning us from your site, you've been known to stoop to "our" level.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Omphalos wrote:
Mandy wrote:I don't understand why you bother to follow the OH around, if you can't take it.
Its because he knows in his heart that we are right. Hypatia is almost the same way, but she's got insanity to deal with too.

Can you all imagine how bad this really is for Byron? Obviously an educated man. Maybe not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but certainly not a spoon. Sitting around, getting phone calls from "uncle Kevin," telling him what to do, then having to commiserate with those total idiots over on DN, distinguishing the "finer points" of those turd novels? No wonder he hates us. We're free!
No doubt. He secretly wants to join us but instead follows us around and antagonizes us like a little boy that picks on his schoolyard crush.

Hyp, on the other hand, gets off on the bitch slaps.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Speaking of the dog (or was she the turd?), isn't it about time she be unleashed from Silence Hell for a season, to prowl the boards and take some more abuse from us? :twisted:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Speaking of the dog (or was she the turd?), isn't it about time she be unleashed from Silence Hell for a season, to prowl the boards and take some more abuse from us? :twisted:
Naw. I like the idea of her reading every word we say but being unable to post. I think she's gone on permanent suspension.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Phaedrus wrote:
Love to.

And yeah, there was that time you lashed out in a thread of your own creation at a certain member. Admittedly, that member wasn't being ENTIRELY civil towards you, so I can understand the outburst. But still, it's hard to claim the moral high ground when you're not only the one banning us from your site, you've been known to stoop to "our" level.
For the record...

I used a rhetorical device that had the intended effect, to draw out the real Byron into the public light.
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Mr. Teg wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:
Love to.

For the record...

I used a rhetorical device that had the intended effect, to draw out the real Byron into the public light.
Yes, but that use wasn't ENTIRELY civil. I'm not saying it's not sometimes appropriate to be rude, but I am saying you weren't entirely civil. :wink:
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Phaedrus wrote:
Mr. Teg wrote:
Phaedrus wrote:
Love to.

For the record...

Yes, but that use wasn't ENTIRELY civil. I'm not saying it's not sometimes appropriate to be rude, but I am saying you weren't entirely civil. :wink:
Dr. House isn't ENTIRELY civil, but he gets the job done and tracks down the DISEASE. :wink:
Last edited by Mr. Teg on 09 Jun 2008 01:22, edited 1 time in total.
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Mr. Teg wrote:Dr. House isn't ENTIRELY civil, but he gets the job and tracks down the DISEASE. :wink:
And Dr. House is one of my heroes. I enjoy him being less than civil even more than I enjoy him curing annoying sick people(only the annoying ones, it's cool when he cures cool or just neutral people). :wink:
orald

Post by orald »

Spice Grandson wrote:I guess I'd ask you why you felt the need to include my children in any commentary related to our discussions. They're not HLP members and have nothing to do with the Dune material other than they are my kids. You could've easily have said something like "Byron's saving up to buy a new car," or "Byron's helping Brian buy a new mansion." But instead, you chose to drop to the lowest level and I think we both know why.
Byron, you know I never really took up arms against you, accusing Brian and Kevin for the atrocities much more, but I hate these lies. This is bullshit and you know it.

You know someone claiming you do this job to help fund your kids is actually giving a good and somewhat redeeming reason for you to do so, and these "buying a car/mansion" reasons are actually the worse reasons(or maybe you don't see it that way? or do you just want them to give bad reasons so you can easily scoff them?). It's like someone stealing to get medicine for his kid, most people would find it only half condemnable.

I'm not a native speaker of English but even I can see that, so don't tell me you didn't understand it.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

orald wrote:
Spice Grandson wrote:I guess I'd ask you why you felt the need to include my children in any commentary related to our discussions. They're not HLP members and have nothing to do with the Dune material other than they are my kids. You could've easily have said something like "Byron's saving up to buy a new car," or "Byron's helping Brian buy a new mansion." But instead, you chose to drop to the lowest level and I think we both know why.
Byron, you know I never really took up arms against you, accusing Brian and Kevin for the atrocities much more, but I hate these lies. This is bullshit and you know it.

You know someone claiming you do this job to help fund your kids is actually giving a good and somewhat redeeming reason for you to do so, and these "buying a car/mansion" reasons are actually the worse reasons(or maybe you don't see it that way? or do you just want them to give bad reasons so you can easily scoff them?). It's like someone stealing to get medicine for his kid, most people would find it only half condemnable.

I'm not a native speaker of English but even I can see that, so don't tell me you didn't understand it.
I hadn't thought of that. That's actually a pretty good point.
orald

Post by orald »

Oh c'mon, there were tons of shit sci-fi flicks in the 50's, along with comics etc. It's the same quallity and for the same sweaty male pubecent audience.

Edit: Where did Rob's post go? :o Still editing it?

Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

I posted it sober had to move it to the proper thread :wink:

Rob
orald

Post by orald »

Yea, I saw it there and thought to edit my post ehere thinking I didn't see right...you're messing with my sanity! :cry:

SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Spice Grandson wrote:Serkanner,

I guess I'd ask you why you felt the need to include my children in any commentary related to our discussions. They're not HLP members and have nothing to do with the Dune material other than they are my kids. You could've easily have said something like "Byron's saving up to buy a new car," or "Byron's helping Brian buy a new mansion." But instead, you chose to drop to the lowest level and I think we both know why.

I would also ask that anyone who claims that I've called them names to please show me where I've done this.

Freak: Are you really that surprised that your outlandish comment got deleted? Really?

EDIT: And I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know how to fully interact with people. I'll let the commentary here speak for itself. And if you think that's calling someone names, then my point is made all the more.
since you deleted the post most of us cannot judge that Serkanner said. By the sounds of it, you are taking it completely out of proportion as an excuse to silent another (thoughtful) critic.

I clearly remember you calling people names on Arrakeen. I don't have a problem with names, profanity etc personally, so don't really care. I just get pissed off when people lie or bend the truth.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Spice Grandson wrote:Serkanner,

I guess I'd ask you why you felt the need to include my children in any commentary related to our discussions. They're not HLP members and have nothing to do with the Dune material other than they are my kids. You could've easily have said something like "Byron's saving up to buy a new car," or "Byron's helping Brian buy a new mansion." But instead, you chose to drop to the lowest level and I think we both know why.
The other comments in this post are adequately answered by other forum members. I will therefore only comment on the part directed at me personally.

Why your children?

Because your children are important to you. You earn money for them, you feed them, you educate them, praise them when they do good and scold them when they are bad.

Nothing in this world comes for free though.

You have chosen that ANY way to give your children the best start in life as possible is allowed; the end justifies the means.

It is YOUR decision that I have a problem with ... not your children. By mentioning them I managed to get your attention in a way I hadn't foreseen but in hindsight allows me to make the statement that indeed in your case: the end justifies the means.

YOU are willingly letting your grandfather's legacy be vomited on by two ( putting it friendly ) mediocre writers. YOU have agreed, as HLP member, to let KJA pile up a mountain of dung and put the word Dune on it year after year after year. YOU earn money from that pile. YOU raise your children with that "blood money" ... because: the end justifies the means.

You can not be objective BECAUSE your children are involved. Your heart might scream ATROCITY when reading your uncle's crap but it pays the bills doesn't it? It also pays part your children's upbringing. Again you must think: the end justifies the means.

For you it would be easy to defend your decision to buy a new car or mansion, because then there is just greed involved. Having children is something else and as Orald has pointed out it is the decent thing to do to give your children the best head-start in life as possible. I FULLY agree with that.

In other words it is YOU who brought your children into the equation by being a HLP member and accepting money for the work you do for it.

You could have chosen to be just Byron Merritt, wannabee writer who became a nurse. YOU have chosen to be part of McDune and it is THAT decision that I target by bringing your children in.

I do not believe in: the end justifies the means. You have proven that YOU do by supporting McDune and getting paid for it.