Calling out Byron "the coward" Merritt

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Oh, sorry, Freak, was that namecalling? I considered it a job description.
My comment wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. I'm sure the guilty know who they are.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Illogical Banana

Post by Illogical Banana »

I'd like to thank you Serkanner, you inspired me to get myself banned from that place, I'm sure it will happen as soon as Byron reads my last post.

I'm glad I don't have an account there anymore, no more wasting my time there. Although I must compliment those of you still over there. It would be a sad state of affairs if all the new fans of Dune were only able to see the prequel loving side of things when they found that place.

At first I was just going to make a light jest about what got you banned and see if that did it, but I decided to go a little more extreme. :twisted:

Edit: For anyone who saw said posts, my use of the word retarded or phrase, mentally-handicapped, was not in reference to individuals with actual diseases of that nature.
“But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is doing good.” -Oscar Wilde
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I'm assuming you're Nejibana?

EDIT: I'm not sure you quite went far enough to get booted... then again maybe you did. Time will tell.
Illogical Banana

Yes I am. I can't be too insulting, but I did try to insult Brian, although I didn't specifically mention him. If that's not enough I'm sure I can come up with something else. I've never been banned from anything, suspended from an online game once, so I wanted to experience it. Plus it'll remove the temptation of reading that board. :oops:
“But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is doing good.” -Oscar Wilde
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Spice Grandson wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Mouthpiece, go blow!)
It appears apologies are not that easy here. Insults are obviously much simpler. Duly noted.
I have nothing to apologise for, and I thought I'd done a friendly enough post on that wretched "Let's Luv Kev'nBrian" Thead. Are you ignoring me, or are you just here to respond to the insults, rather than actually chat to those of us here who actually still like you?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Bijaz

Post by Bijaz »

Spice Grandson wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Mouthpiece, go blow!)
It appears apologies are not that easy here. Insults are obviously much simpler. Duly noted.
What?
I thought you posted the apology to Mr. Teg, not Sandchigger?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Illogical Banana wrote:Plus it'll remove the temptation of reading that board. :oops:
No it won't. :D

(It's a carcrash, or trainwreck...ya gotta look a few times.)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I still miss the apology for calling me a troll Byron. You didn't use the word itself ... hence the coward part of this topic ... but that IS what you called me in context; twice.

Never and nowhere will I state I am a nice and or friendly person, unlike you Byron, but when calling out the community to cough up an insult you should know your own past a bit better next time before you do that. It makes you look twice the fool when a quote does indeed come up. Like the Chigger said the sentence "I apologize" doesn't mean a thing when you don't truly mean it. And you don't mean it because you had to be remembered of it in the first place; basic psycology.

Your behaviour here has proven you are not close to half the nice and gentle person you claim to be. I will not even dare to touch the quality "objective" here. On this board and on DN you prove time and again to hold more then just a grudge against Orthodoxian Herberterians.

Be a man Byron and admit it is far more important to make money from the Dune franchise then it is to honour Frank Herbert's legacy.
loremaster

Post by loremaster »

I know i'm not that active, and 80% of my jacurutu time is lurking, but i thought i should post concerning byron.

Why is he still here? I know technically he hasnt done anything to justify banning, but him being here is both a cause and a catalyst of numerous naff threads where people get childish, debate semantics of informal internet wording, etc etc.

If you are going to stick with him then obviously it is your board, but i'm sure people have noticed that as i've seen byron does not EVER contribute productively (even orald manages about 1 in 10). I would call for his banning as although he has not directly crossed paths with me, i see him every day being actively (certain threads, for instance the current "Praise for BH + KJA" thread) and passively (banning serk on DN causing debate here) destructive to this forum.

This is especially irritating as he has the potential (with his position and all his knowledge) to be an invaluable source of info on dune and FH. - The BG were nearly exterminated for being so close to what they should be, and yet so far, dont forget.

I know however that he does generate a substantial amount of activity on these board people might not want to see dissapear. ( there's no such thing as bad activity sort-of thing).

I dont know how many others feel the same way, I just think this is an OH haven, and to willingly take in such a destructive member (on some spurious nod to "freedom of speech") seems a bit bizarre.

This was originally a PM I sent to Freak, with slight modification for audience. I appologise if Freak finds this post distasteful in some way (being the contents of a PM), and i shall hold no grudges if he removes/edits it, or to anyone who disagrees with me. but this whole byron thing really does just piss me off

TMB - DEVIOUS little master!
The HLP hasnt released Frank's notes yet, Brian hasn't got the handwriting quite right!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

loremaster wrote:This was originally a PM I sent to Freak, with slight modification for audience. I appologise if Freak finds this post distasteful in some way (being the contents of a PM), and i shall hold no grudges if he removes/edits it, or to anyone who disagrees with me. but this whole byron thing really does just piss me off
I don't mind at all, I'm sorry my reply was so brief, I was pressed for time.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Spice Grandson

Post by Spice Grandson »

Illogical Banana wrote:Yes I am. I can't be too insulting, but I did try to insult Brian, although I didn't specifically mention him. If that's not enough I'm sure I can come up with something else. I've never been banned from anything, suspended from an online game once, so I wanted to experience it. Plus it'll remove the temptation of reading that board. :oops:
Congratulations!
Keep it civil. Keep it cool.

ImageImage

http://www.filmreviewstew.com
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Another one bites the dust.

I wonder who was actually insulted ... Bwian or the monkey?
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

LOL.. you guys are making it too easy for Byron.
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

Don't even consider banning Byron.

Doing so would mean that this board is no better than DN. Remember folks we are talking about FH's books, not terrorism or nuclear war.

If Byron bans people, deletes posts, and edits comments at DN, that is his problem. A BIG problem.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Yeah and when he follows through on his legal threat, we can all feel so good about living up to FH's standards :roll:
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

bryanvdk wrote:
HoosierDaddy wrote:Don't even consider banning Byron.

Doing so would mean that this board is no better than DN. Remember folks we are talking about FH's books, not terrorism or nuclear war.

If Byron bans people, deletes posts, and edits comments at DN, that is his problem. A BIG problem.
fuck byron, fuck the HLP. may they burn on a pyre of their own books. :)
Now that I have absolutely no problem with.

:twisted:
A Thing of Eternity

Serkanner wrote:Another one bites the dust.

I wonder who was actually insulted ... Bwian or the monkey?
I don't know. I was thinking about tha one after Arnoldo compared FH to Van Gogh and KJABH to Warhol... I went on to say that a better comparison would be KJABH to those paintings done by monkeys throwing fruit(hopefully just fruit) at a canvas.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I wouldnt worry if I were you. I dont have any intention of banning Byron. There have been two bannings here since the beginning, and they are the two people who everyone knew were up to no good. Despite Byron's cries otherwise, this board is pretty much composed of levelheaded people who can think on their feet. Any flames die down pretty quickly.

but keep one thing is mind: Freak created this board for Dune, and Dune alone. I helped him make it, and left T(A)U open for the OH bitch sessions, and non-Dune discussions. Why doesnt anyone who wants to bitch or debate Preeks take it over there? Here is the address:

http://bb.solahpmo.com/

Let's get this stuff off Jacurutu once and for all, and keep it off. I have no problems with people venting at T(A)U, but it really does not fit here. Anyone have any problems with this, PM me. Ill approve whomever wants to sign up at T(A)U, Byron, you included.

Freak, Im sorry for my participation here. I get hot under the collar too and lash out. I wont do it anymore here.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Let's get this stuff off Jacurutu once and for all, and keep it off. I have no problems with people venting at T(A)U, but it really does not fit here. Anyone have any problems with this, PM me. Ill approve whomever wants to sign up at T(A)U, Byron, you included.
Here here. (or is it Hear hear?).
I hate this shit happening here, though I'll admit to being a part of it.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
I wouldnt worry if I were you. I dont have any intention of banning Byron. There have been two bannings here since the beginning, and they are the two people who everyone knew were up to no good. Despite Byron's cries otherwise, this board is pretty much composed of levelheaded people who can think on their feet. Any flames die down pretty quickly.

but keep one thing is mind: Freak created this board for Dune, and Dune alone. I helped him make it, and left T(A)U open for the OH bitch sessions, and non-Dune discussions. Why doesnt anyone who wants to bitch or debate Preeks take it over there? Here is the address:

http://bb.solahpmo.com/

Freak, Im sorry for my participation here. I get hot under the collar too and lash out. I wont do it anymore here.
Thank you! :D
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I take pride in the fact that I haven't had to lock or delete any topics here yet, but I'd like to get rid of this one.

Maybe we can move it's contents to T(A)U and I can get rid of it? That way it wouldn't really be deleted, just relocated.
~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

No, moving the thread to another forum is the same as deleting it. Leave it here. I asked Byron if he was ignoring me and only here to respond to insults, his only reponse was to congratulate Illogical Banana on getting himself banned from DN.

Byron has proved by his actions that he is not here to chat with anyone, only to provoke bad feeling. Leave the thread here as evidence of that.

I was expecting more from him, but he's basically just blown me off by ignoring me and bickering with people instead. Oh well, fuck it.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Illogical Banana

Spice Grandson wrote: Congratulations!
Thank you very much for that! I will say this: I still like you, although I have been disappointed by the company line you've been taking, or so it seems anyway. And in the spirit of this thread, I would like to apologize if I insulted you, I just felt like being evil and getting banned.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Byron only comes here to cause trouble, I don't see the difference between him and Hypatia or arnoldo.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Mandy wrote:Byron only comes here to cause trouble, I don't see the difference between him and Hypatia or arnoldo.
I think he might have diplomatic immunity.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.