Hypatia

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:While GW is still in office it's "'Merkin".
You are aware that a merkin is a pubic wig, right?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Hey hey hey, slow down there Omph, are you talking about what americans call canadian bacon, or what we call bacon?Them's fighten words if you're tryin to pin those little wheels of pork on us, I swear we didn't do it!
Uh-huh. And you didn't meant to invent the Pacer either, didja? :wink:

Goodnight Golden Path!
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:We have a city named Uranium?
Yeah, my grandfather worked there :) Nuclear power is Canada's dirty little secret.

The secret Quebec Agreement lead to the development of nuclear weapons (aka Manhattan Project), which we contributed to with our own nuclear program. Our uranium mines supplied the United States with the nuclear material to build their bombs. We also make the best nuclear reactors in the world (the CANDU) and are leaders in nuclear research. Our sale of CANDU reactors to India lead to their nuclear weapon programs when they reversed engineered the CANDU and started producing plutonium with their own reactors. Fun facts :)
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

bryanvdk wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I don't think the issue is just funding, but use of the funding. We buy subs that can't submerge while our pilots are dying because our choppers can't stay in the air. I'm not a militaristic person, nor do I support our current goverment. This is the world we live in though, and I understand that we need to have a functional army, especially for our "peacekeeping" efforts.
It is also vitally important that we have the funding to send Tim Horton's Coffee and Doughnut shops over seas to help in those missions. They also bring much needed real bacon. I think they may also have access to some of what the americans call canadian bacon.

the purchase of the subs, and the deterioration of our choppers both occurred under the Liberals watch, I might add :)
Harper has moderated his views and is definitely a strong leader now. (not to mention he can run the country like he has a majority what with Dion's liberals abstaining everytime there's a confidence motion :roll: )
I know. I don't like the liberals half assing it with their spending. I'm not arguing who to blame, just the specifics of why. While I do not support the conservative party I do appreceate that they're doing pretty much what they said they would (even if I don't agree with it all, at least I see it coming).

Omph - I swear man!
I could be wrong but you won't hear me admit to it
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:We have a city named Uranium?
Yeah, my grandfather worked there :) Nuclear power is Canada's dirty little secret.
That's something to be proud of.

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

Omph wrote:That hot blonde photographer? Hubba-hubba. Her sister was even hotter.
She had two, and she was the finest among them.

I don't obect a foursome though. :wink:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:While GW is still in office it's "'Merkin".
You are aware that a merkin is a pubic wig, right?
I had no idea such a thing even existed.

:shock:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Pardot Kynes

Post by Pardot Kynes »

He totally just made that page to fuck with us...

Didn't he?

What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also.
-Julius Caesar

http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/451/451.html
http://omacl.org/
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Pardot Kynes wrote:He totally just made that page to fuck with us...

Didn't he?
Nupe! Funny, ain't it? I love all of those Cultural References.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

The nature of bacon and pubic wigs. I really need to come by more often.

POO!!!!
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Spicelon wrote:The nature of bacon and pubic wigs. I really need to come by more often.

POO!!!!
Pubic wigs .... I like them shaven :wink:
orald

Post by orald »

Merkin...isn't that what Brian wears on his head? It's suspiciously curly... :shock:

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

He lends it to the Comb-Over when he goes out cottaging, I mean, hiking.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

The word "merkin" is legit. It came up on an episode of Q.I. - in the context of the same GWB joke :).

HBJ,
forced to watch Q.I. on YouTube, as we don't get it here in Merka.
orald

Post by orald »

Hunchback Jack wrote:forced to watch Q.I. on YouTube, as we don't get it here in Merka.
Merka? The merkin capital of the world, Merka? :o

Worm

Post by Worm »

Mandy wrote:Oh, they don't seem so bad... they certainly don't deserve Hyppo. She's probably already written the admins several pages of private messages detailing the abuse she's been suffering. I wonder how many screenshots she's used as proof, lol. I kind of feel sorry for them.
I don't mean to jump in late, but what Mandy says is right. The first thing she did to me was write me a long letter at how she was being made to suffer at Chigger's hands.

Knowing what I do about how she is, I promptly slapped her a bit and told her to stow it. That got me banned from Arrakeen. Something I said on my board, got me banned over there. I've been keeping it a secret, but I think it should be brought out in the open. Mandy, I release you from your vow of silence... here at least, and at Omph's board.

"I was a friend of Arrakeen... but NOT Hypo."
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

What lying kook she is. Someone, please tell me more! :lol:

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm continually amazed :shock:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

lol.. Worm, I think you should post the PMs, they were really great.

Basically, she banned Worm from Arrakeen because he told her (nicely) that he didn't think she was being entirely truthful about the whole PM thing with Sandchigger. Plus.. he may have called her bonkers, haha. Anyway, she got pissed because he called her a liar and that was the end of Worm's account at Arrakeen.

In the same PM exchange she tattled on me for being rude to her at T(A)U, she used a screen shot of the Arrakeen thread where I said something about her keeping up appearances. Then she begged Worm not to let me do anything to her account because she didn't trust me to be "objective" (that is ironic, right? lol). I'm sure this had something to do with her banning Worm as well.. she probably expected him to punish me or something.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

oh dear sweet god baby jesus.

i have no personal interaction with her - ever - but this is like a train wreck. i can't look away.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

What was I supposed to have done to her at that point? :shock:

Block her from my blog? I certainly hadn't tried contacting her anywhere by PM. On every board where we are both members, SHE has PM-attacked me first. When she did it over at Worm's, I informed him and emailed (not PMed) her:
Susan, if you've got something to say to me you can stuff it in an email. Don't take it to a forum where they're not involved and don't care.

I'm temporarily bouncing your IP address from my blog because I finally got tired of the back and forth. I originally only planned on leaving it active for a few days. How about you open Arrakeen back up to public access? Leaving it closed down is just a petty way of keeping people you've banned from looking in.
I sent that February 18. She claimed she had forgotten she had my address. As I've mentioned before, she later did the same thing over at FED2K. I guess she forgot or lost it again. :roll:

I take it that Edric is either unwilling or unable to effect any change at 'Keen.

Whatever. :)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

:)

I think it pissed her off a little that Worm told her not to PM you or anyone else regarding Arrakeen again.
Pushtrak

Post by Pushtrak »

I remember seeing her over at DN, but I can't even recall the content of one of her posts. Not seeing anything by her yet over at FED2k but I am not looking too hard, either.
And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good?
-need we ask anyone to tell us these things?
-Robert Pirsig, Zen and the art of Motorcycle maintenance
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Amazing.....What a complete turd she is.
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

A truly amazing person. I'm sorry now she is banned. As long as she doesn't admin, she can sure liven things up.

Could we create a separate sub-forum for her here, invite her back, but restrict her from posting anywhere else? Full PM privileges too, obv.

:?: