Harriet Klausner

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Phaedrus wrote:http://scalzi.com/whatever/?p=685

Evidently, Amazon doesn't delete ALL one-star reviews. That makes me wonder who's in charge of the amazon pages.

It seems like they keep the reviews rated as helpful over the ones rated unhelpful. It would be interesting to experiment and see if a five-star review will get deleted with overwhelming "unhelpful" votes.

Although keeping the review count at 101 is really weird. I don't know why they do that.
I used to go over there and rate all the 5 stars for Sandworms as unhelpful everyday but I got bored with it.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, Mandy DARLIN', get with it already, girl! The Paul of Dune page is where it's AT now.

My goal is to get Kevin James to complain again "The book wasn't even finished yet and already people were complaining about it on Amazon!"

Freakin' hairless rat. :D

Seriously though, I wonder if part of their plan isn't to discourage people from reviewing it at all. No one bothers posting a one-star review anymore because of the limited life expectancy.

Anyway, Sadworms is old news already. PAUL PAUL PAUL PAUL PAUL! :D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

It'll be nice to see Quetoic again, anyway.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah, she's good value.

Where'd she get to, anyway? :shock:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Yeah, she's good value.

Where'd she get to, anyway? :shock:
She recently got married. Been busy with that, I imagine.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

I just checked out the Amazon page for Pail of dung and I know Chig over there, but who is everyone else?
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

I'm Rob Wright, hte nutter in kilt ;)

Rob
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, "You Know Who" is someone from these parts, but if You Don't Know Who I can't say right now. ;)

I think "A. Williams" joined here or T(A)U a while back.

Everyone else is unrelated Amazon customers.

Hamilton Carver and I double-teamed a lot of the new crappy 5-star reviews over on the Sadworms page for a while; he's pretty funny at times, as is Art.

"Cousin It" is an expat British mother-of-two living in the States. We got off to a rocky start, but she's actually kinda cool in her way.

Btw, did you notice that they have changed the cover design? It's now black background with white letters at the top and dark green on the bottom. Before the dark green was up top and the bottom was gold.

Oh for the love of Dur...Atreides crest colors. :roll:
orald

Post by orald »

Rob wrote:hte nutter in kilt

I thought that'd be Rob Roy. :P
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

SandChigger wrote:Oh, Mandy DARLIN', get with it already, girl! The Paul of Dune page is where it's AT now.

My goal is to get Kevin James to complain again "The book wasn't even finished yet and already people were complaining about it on Amazon!"

Freakin' hairless rat. :D

Seriously though, I wonder if part of their plan isn't to discourage people from reviewing it at all. No one bothers posting a one-star review anymore because of the limited life expectancy.

Anyway, Sadworms is old news already. PAUL PAUL PAUL PAUL PAUL! :D
:D Are there reviews to rate as unhelpful yet?
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

SandChigger wrote:Well, "You Know Who" is someone from these parts, but if You Don't Know Who I can't say right now. ;)

I think "A. Williams" joined here or T(A)U a while back.

Everyone else is unrelated Amazon customers.

Hamilton Carver and I double-teamed a lot of the new crappy 5-star reviews over on the Sadworms page for a while; he's pretty funny at times, as is Art.

"Cousin It" is an expat British mother-of-two living in the States. We got off to a rocky start, but she's actually kinda cool in her way.

Btw, did you notice that they have changed the cover design? It's now black background with white letters at the top and dark green on the bottom. Before the dark green was up top and the bottom was gold.

Oh for the love of Dur...Atreides crest colors. :roll:
I've looked and looked and can't find what you're talking about. How about a link?
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Amazon doesn't let you review a book before it's on sale. (Evidently that's something that has changed since House Atrocious came out, because Kevin has whined about how people panned that book before it was even out.) So, no, there are only discussion thread at the moment.

Oh, Spicey, you're just an ongoing Internet trainwreck, aren't you? :P

Here you go! :D
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

SandChigger wrote:Amazon doesn't let you review a book before it's on sale. (Evidently that's something that has changed since House Atrocious came out, because Kevin has whined about how people panned that book before it was even out.) So, no, there are only discussion thread at the moment.

Internet trainwreck? I think not! I actually pride myself on on the nitty gritty detail of internet browser exploitation - which is why this was so frustrating. And now that I have your link I have confirmed that it was I who was, indeed, blind. All good now!
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

SandChigger wrote:Amazon doesn't let you review a book before it's on sale. (Evidently that's something that has changed since House Atrocious came out, because Kevin has whined about how people panned that book before it was even out.) So, no, there are only discussion thread at the moment.

HAHA! I see that somebody started filling in some humorous "tags" to POD already. I'll wait until the book comes out to add my votes.

Who knows, maybe POD will be a Hugo/Nebula winner. I'll know the exact date when it happens, because the FAA will be issuing warnings for these:

Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

shithole book aside...i think the artist is awesome
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
orald

Post by orald »

I wanna see Flying Pigs of Dune now, with that image on the cover. Or should those be sligs? :D
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

orald wrote:I wanna see Flying Pigs of Dune now, with that image on the cover. Or should those be sligs? :D
I'll get on it tonight. Ooh, sligs, yeah! :D