ATTN: Byron RE: PoD Synopsis on Amazon

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

orald

Post by orald »

I think they're raping Dune for the fun of it, can't be they're in real need of cash anyway.

I say we kill them.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandChigger wrote:I think someone has already mentioned this, but have you notice the wording on the front page:
PAUL OF DUNE, the direct sequel to the classic DUNE and the first novel in the Heroes of Dune Trilogy, is due in stores on September 16, 2008.
Yes, I had. Insidious, isn't it? I fear we're witnessing the dumbing down of the original series.

HBJ
Pardot Kynes

Post by Pardot Kynes »

I'm going to buy every new dune book and put them in a glass case, never to be read again.

They will be ostracized, torn apart from the rest... never to be savored, as an old friend, and never to be caressed by a trembling and expectant hand. They will be forgotten, not bygone books of a previous age, but unloved tomes that should never be opened... they cannot recieve the communion of our hands... they must instead be locked away, by rights only seen...

What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also.
-Julius Caesar

http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/451/451.html
http://omacl.org/
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:You're right, Trang, that is the same text. D'uh. (Shows how much attention I'm paying to the features of the official site besides the blog and BBS, huh? :( )

I think someone has already mentioned this, but have you notice the wording on the front page:
PAUL OF DUNE, the direct sequel to the classic DUNE and the first novel in the Heroes of Dune Trilogy, is due in stores on September 16, 2008.
So after this Pail of Dung will be the sequel to Dune, not Dune Messiah. :roll:
That's right DIRECT SEQUEL. No more of that skipping years bullshit. What was FH thinking? :roll:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

OH, WOULD YOU JUST GIVE IT UP ALREADY?! You...you...Canadian Spinster Porker and Toejam Licker!!!

:P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"