The OH are recognized even in Japan

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Mr. Teg

The OH are recognized even in Japan

Post by Mr. Teg »

In recent years, Brian Herbert (Frank's son) and Kevin J. Anderson have published works in the world of Dune. It is based on notes left by Frank Herbert about the world behind the events depicted in the "Dune" series, as well as on his planned next work after Chapterhouse Dune. They are writing two sequels to Chapterhouse Dune, following Frank's notes for the seventh.

Since his death, the main debate among fans has been whether Brian Herbert and Kevin Anderson's new Dune can be considered a legitimate sequel. Critics consider their books to fall short of the quality of the original series and lack the complex, interconnected ideas about humanity that were the subject of Frank Herbert. Brian Herbert claims that his father asked him to write more Dune sequels, especially his Butlerian Jihad story. Some interpret this to mean that the new novel is based on Frank's wishes and intentions, while others believe otherwise. Some fans even doubt that Brian Herbert and Anderson claim to have found notes and outlines for the next book by Frank Herbert. They are skeptical that these were discovered as soon as plans for a new series was announced.

近年、ブライアン・ハーバート(フランクの息子)とケヴィン・J・アンダースンは、デューンの世界に則った作品を出版している。《デューン》シリーズに描 かれたイベントの背景となる世界についてフランク・ハーバートが書き残していたメモと彼が大聖堂の次に予定していた作品に関するメモに基づいたものであ る。彼らは大聖堂の続編を2作品、フランクの残した7作目に関するメモに従って執筆中だという。

彼の死以来、ファンの主な議論はブライアン・ハーバートとケヴィン・アンダーソンの新しいデューンが正当な続編と考えられるかどうかである。批評家は彼ら の本がオリジナルのシリーズの品質に達しておらず、フランク・ハーバートの主題であった人類についての複雑な相互に関連したアイデアを欠いていると考え る。ブライアン・ハーバートは、父が彼にさらにデューンの続編(特に Butlerian Jihad の話)を書くように頼んだと主張する。このことから新しい小説がフランクの希望と意思に基づいていることを意味すると解釈する者もいるが、そうではないと 考える者もいる。何人かのファンは、ブライアン・ハーバートとアンダーソンがフランク・ハーバートによるメモと新作のアウトラインを発見したと主張してい ることさえ疑っている。彼らは新作の計画が浮上したとたんにこれらが発見されたという点に疑いを持っている。
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
distrans

Re: The OH are recognized even in Japan

Post by distrans »

herbert would never had pursued such a cheap 2bit frame to further his story
brian should be keyhauled at the very least

i bet there are alot of notes post chapterhouse
but i bet most of them have yet to be shared

i think one of brians coke lords taked him into waxing fool
and big publishing
given the fathers numbers

jumped at it
and set their minions to savage every reasonable word against.

thats about the best sum up as seems to me...