Lost Ship

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Ampoliros

Lost Ship

Post by Ampoliros »

Ever since i first read dune, that one mention of the lost ship Ampoliros intrigued me. I loved how Frank could tell a whole story with one sentance.

anyway i've loved dune for only about 10 years now, i read it my first year in college and couldn't stop.

I've lurked on keen and DN for a while.

I love talkin Dune, and I love smashin Preeqs.

btw my sig is all PERSONAL THEORY and conjecture

but deep down i know i'm right

like as if someone flipped a switch...

No but really re-watch the series with this in mind... Gaeta is central to so many benevolent f-ups. Also, everyone of the Final Five that has been revealed has been closely related to a major character, except for Baltar. Who among the characters is closest to Baltar (other than 6 and 3)? GAETA IS A CYLON. End of Line.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Hi Ampoliros, welcome aboard.

Then how come Gaeta didn't hear the music? :P I think maybe it's someone on one of the other ships, and that person did hear the music but couldn't meet up with the other 4. There has been a lot of speculation that Gaeta is a Cylon from the beginning. He could be, I just don't understand why his programming didn't kick in when everyone else's did.

OH and have you seen this? http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=255 lol.. I want one.
orald

Post by orald »

Hi! Welcome to Smashing Dirty Dirty Preeks board!
We're all about burning preeks here. Jacurutu is only a temporary name. :D
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Hi.
Mandy wrote:Hi Ampoliros, welcome aboard.

Then how come Gaeta didn't hear the music? :P I think maybe it's someone on one of the other ships, and that person did hear the music but couldn't meet up with the other 4. There has been a lot of speculation that Gaeta is a Cylon from the beginning. He could be, I just don't understand why his programming didn't kick in when everyone else's did.

I wish I had gotten into BSG sooner than I did (started watching with season 3). Though Gaeta being a cylon sounds like an interesting theory, I think I read an article that said that the final cylon would not be one of the main characters. Would Gaeta be considered a main character, or is he just a strong supporting character?
Mandy wrote:OH and have you seen this? http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=255 lol.. I want one.
Looks awesome, though it kinda bothers me that it costs more than it did for me to have LASIK surgery done :)
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Gaeta didnt hear the music because he is actually one of the original cylons who went to find the final five and his line was boxed. Brother Cavell is actually the final cylon. He didn't hear it because he already knows he's a cylon.

that or Gaeta is the 13th cylon who represents the tribe of earth.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

oh and Orald, i think P&tB need to look more closely at Herbert's "attitude of the knife" rather than Hubbard's "Milk 'em Dry".
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Welcome, welcome. Nice to see more new members.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Tleszer wrote:
I wish I had gotten into BSG sooner than I did (started watching with season 3). Though Gaeta being a cylon sounds like an interesting theory, I think I read an article that said that the final cylon would not be one of the main characters. Would Gaeta be considered a main character, or is he just a strong supporting character?
Oh you've got to watch the mini series and the first season! The first season is better than 2 and 3 by far. I read an article that says the final Cylon will be someone who has been in the series from the beginning, but it didn't mention whether it would be a main character or supporting.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Before Season 3 began SciFi aired a 1 hour recap of the mini, season 1, and 2. I know I'm missing out, but at least I didn't feel too confused going into Season 3. The biggest thing that surprised me was that humans were polytheistic while the cylons were monotheistic. At first I thought it was kinda strange to do it that way, but so far I'm enjoying how its being played out.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Nice to meet ya !

...And Roslin is the last Cylon !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

ok..ive been meaning to get into this geekdom (nerdom and geekdom attract me like moths to a flame) ...so what order do i watch this?...obviously the seasons are in order..but where does the mini series fit in?
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
orald

Post by orald »

Doesn't the "mini-series" refer to the two 1-hour(1.5 hours?) episodes they launched the reinvisioned(?) BSG with?

Then the mini' comes first, then seasons by their number.

I haven't watched BSG in earnest in like 2.5 years, and I was being, uh, distracted by the ex when I did.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Heya.

So...how much you want to bet that Kev and Bri don't do a short of the story of "The Flying Dutchman of Dune"?

You know it's coming some day. :twisted:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Mandy wrote: Oh you've got to watch the mini series and the first season! The first season is better than 2 and 3 by far. I read an article that says the final Cylon will be someone who has been in the series from the beginning, but it didn't mention whether it would be a main character or supporting.
i'm just going of gut feeling but i've had this feeling since season 1 so i'm resolute that i'm right....

oh crap, I'M THE FINAL CYLON!

...And i've never felt better in my life....
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

heehee NO I'M THE FINAL CYLON!

Tyrant, you have to watch the mini series first or you'll miss out on the famous first line. Are you alive?
orald

Post by orald »

You can't be a cylon, Mandy, I've checked you all over already. :wink:

orald

Post by orald »

Tleszer wrote:Looks awesome, though it kinda bothers me that it costs more than it did for me to have LASIK surgery done :)
:D

Click the smiley.

Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

orald wrote:
Tleszer wrote:Looks awesome, though it kinda bothers me that it costs more than it did for me to have LASIK surgery done :)
:D

Click the smiley.
:shock:

My eyes are open, Ma. I'm gonna keep my eyes open. :cry: