Poling the sand: what to expect in Paul of Dune

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

orald wrote:Speaking of book covers, I miss my old avie from my happy days in 'keen...this one:

Or was it my sig? Oh, I can't remember so far...my vision gets cloudy now...at 5:30 AM. :roll:
That's too big for a sig!

Duncan Hines at The Landsraad made that cover.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

I forgot his name, but I remember I credited someone(probably him) for it in some thread back in 'keen.

I know I used it for something there...could've resized it a bit, but I know not by much or else it gets unreadable.
What avie size did we use back then? I'm quite it was my avie, not a sig(for sigs I prefer words, not pics).
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Where? :?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

SandChigger wrote:Should I consider that an official order for another book cover? ;)
Yes, but i'd like the word CRAP to be as big and replace the word Dune, please... :wink:
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Robspierre wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Should I consider that an official order for another book cover? ;)

:shock: YES!!!!!!! 8)

Rob
Definitely yes!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Right then.

Tomorrow's the beginning of freshman orientation and I've bugger all to do with it (That's right, Orald, they won't let me at the younglings until they've learned the Jujitsu of Psychic Denial) so I've taken the day off.

I've had a general idea of what I want to do with it ("...A Grand Panoram-ram-rama of the Empire!") for some time now, and I think I've slipped into a place here of late where I'm willing (and hopefully able) to offend as many people as possible.

We're in Russian Foreplay Territory, people: Brace yerself, Ludmilla! :twisted:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
orald

Post by orald »

Freakzilla wrote:Where? :?
Well, didn't my "'keen" mentionings get to you? I'm talking about Arrakeen.
I know I used that image for something, I believe as my avie.
SandChigger wrote:younglings
That's such a silly word. I'll only remember it for SW Ep.3 where Hayden immidietly goes to kill children(and only them, leaving the grownups to the clone-troops) when he's finally given the order to do so. :roll:

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:D

Hayseediddledoo is like KJA:

Any chance to take the piss CANNOT be let pass!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

orald wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Where? :?
Well, didn't my "'keen" mentionings get to you?
I know, I'm trying to forget it.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Aww, there were good times too, mostly before Edric and some others came.

I haven't dressed as a BG yet though. Maybe I should reinstate that custom title again...beats being a simple member. :wink:

What was it now, Mother Superior Orald? :lol:

Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

orald wrote:Aww, there were good times too, mostly before Edric and some others came.

I haven't dressed as a BG yet though. Maybe I should reinstate that custom title again...beats being a simple member. :wink:

What's your story with 'Keen anyway Orald? I never saw you active there during my time there. Just curious....
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
orald wrote:Aww, there were good times too, mostly before Edric and some others came.

What's your story with 'Keen anyway Orald? I never saw you active there during my time there. Just curious....
He was banned before you got there. :lol:

Which is sad because he basically created the place.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Oh, nothing much...Me, Freak, Servant of the Sisterhood, Crysknife and umm, I think I'm forgetting someone(just woke up from a nap), joined up about the same day to this newly made Dune forum, Arrakeen, when there ws only that little rat, err, mouse, there.

So we became the staff, I was admin with Baron, the rest became mods.
Basically all was well, despite some trolls on the way, until Baron made this Edric guy an admin, which was OK I guess, a little surprising considering he was a rather new member.
Basically Baron and Edric(when the former was actually there) tended for the technical part while I was more of a super mod anyway, lacking 'em fancy HTML skills etc.

One day Edric banned me until discussion over my situation with the staff are done(to prevent me from possiblly wrecking havoc on the board) and later reinstated me but as a normal member. I got no say over anything in that discussion, and only Crysknife answered back my email inquiries.

The accusations were, umm, what were they again?
Frightening preeks from other boards by my posting solely on Arrakeen(funny no one mentioned me by name in that forum page he showed as evidence, and it was quite umbigeous) and thus supposedly denying us the benefit of a few more lackwit members?
A few double postings because of server errors(you know when it doesn't send it and you hit the send button again)?
One joke he thought wasn't funny?
That's about it IIRC.

After that I just left. That's the little story we've been refering to.

orald

Post by orald »

Freakzilla wrote:Which is sad because he basically created the place.
Thanks, Freak, I don't want to take too much credit( :roll: ) but I know I was basically just a super mod. Just a mod to fix up posts, check that everyone's nice etc with more access and editing power than the normal mod.

I miss those early days when it was just the 4-5 of us talking among us... :cry:

Anyone knows what happened with Servant? I never saw him again since his inactivity period just before that happened.

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I think he had some real life issues, divorce or something. Wasn't he in the military too?
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Yea, he was going to be released, but I think he came back after some time, saying he got back to the USA and evrything was fine. Then he disappeared again.

Tleilax Master B

orald wrote:Oh, nothing much...Me, Freak, Servant of the Sisterhood, Crysknife and umm, I think I'm forgetting someone(just woke up from a nap), joined up about the same day to this newly made Dune forum, Arrakeen, when there ws only that little rat, err, mouse, there.

So we became the staff, I was admin with Baron, the rest became mods.
Basically all was well, despite some trolls on the way, until Baron made this Edric guy an admin, which was OK I guess, a little surprising considering he was a rather new member.
Basically Baron and Edric(when the former was actually there) tended for the technical part while I was more of a super mod anyway, lacking 'em fancy HTML skills etc.

One day Edric banned me until discussion over my situation with the staff are done(to prevent me from possiblly wrecking havoc on the board) and later reinstated me but as a normal member. I got no say over anything in that discussion, and only Crysknife answered back my email inquiries.

The accusations were, umm, what were they again?
Frightening preeks from other boards by my posting solely on Arrakeen(funny no one mentioned me by name in that forum page he showed as evidence, and it was quite umbigeous) and thus supposedly denying us the benefit of a few more lackwit members?
A few double postings because of server errors(you know when it doesn't send it and you hit the send button again)?
One joke he thought wasn't funny?
That's about it IIRC.

After that I just left. That's the little story we've been refering to.
Aaaah, gotcha. Thanks for the scoop. I knew I had seen some of your past posts, but no activity while I was there. I never knew it was banning though! :P

Well, now Hypatia has run the damn place into the ground and its doubtful it will ever open again. Can't say I'm all that sad about it really. I was slightly more upset when Byron started running us off from dunenovels and banning people right and left. I still don't know how I escaped all that :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Tleilax Master B wrote:I was slightly more upset when Byron started running us off from dunenovels and banning people right and left. I still don't know how I escaped all that :)
Keep pushing the envelope!
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

I had over 5,000 beautiful posts there. :cry:

I'm not sure if you got it right, but after the temp-ban I was reinstated back...only as a normal member, to which I responded by not staying for quite obvious reasons.

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't think I was made an admin until after all that happened.

I'm creeping up on 5,000 at DN... :shock:
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Freakzilla wrote:I'm creeping up on 5,000 at DN... :shock:
How many times will they let you say "this sucks" before they ban you? :lol:

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

orald wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I'm creeping up on 5,000 at DN... :shock:
How many times will they let you say "this sucks" before they ban you? :lol:
Well, I'm hoping at least 5,000 times. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:

I had a little something over 5,000 posts over there when they axxed me.

Alas...my squandered you...um...dotage? :D
Tleilax Master B

I think I'm in the 2 or 3 thousands. But I'm running out of things to say there :cry:

You can only tell arnolodo he is an idiot in so many ways before you run out of options :D
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Yeah, but I like arguing with him and exposing his ignorance.
~Pink Snowman