A "Top 5" thread

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

orald

Post by orald »

Didn't FH get cremated and his ashes scattered? Or were they burried/scattered in the ground? I can't remember, but I'm quite sure he's been cremated.

I bet he knew they'd try to fuck/shit on his corpse.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

In Full Metal Jacket, the entire introduction of the Drill Instructor to his
"unorganized pieces of amphibian shit". Too funny!

:lol:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

fantomas wrote:In Full Metal Jacket, the entire introduction of the Drill Instructor to his

It's funny to watch but not so much when it's directed at you. That is classic basic training, though.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

Freakzilla wrote:
fantomas wrote:In Full Metal Jacket, the entire introduction of the Drill Instructor to his

It's funny to watch but not so much when it's directed at you. That is classic basic training, though.
and you know, to this day I do not know the real purpose of that verbal abuse. I think they're trying to disingage the recruit out of thinking about the girlfriend or wife when we sang..Jodie's got your Cadillac and your wife. Who is Jodie? He sure gets around.

But the insults and the yelling, I don't know....It must serve a purpose.

Also, I did not know a recruit is not to look a sargeant in the eyes. Well, I did; I had the honor of being the first guy to, "Drop!" and give me 10.
It progressively went to 30 push ups.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'll tell you why they do it...

If you can't handle a drill instructor yelling at you, how are you going to react when someone is shooting at you?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
orald

Post by orald »

Freakzilla wrote:If you can't handle a drill instructor yelling at you, how are you going to react when someone is shooting at you?
That of course, but i think also to familiarize you with the chain of command, so you leap to obey without question(not to imply obeying stupidly, but that you don't even think of saying "no" just 'cause you don't like it).

I'm not sure this really works with me though...I remember I was pointing my M-16 at my sqaud(not sure how to translate these army terms, IDK the meaning of most of them in Hebrew. A unit of about 10-12 recruits) instructor one time when she walked down the path from my guard post, and she and the rest never even came close to the movie drill seargent(heck, I'd have broke the first second there, but I already know that and not really interested in being a marine), following her back with the eyesights.

Of course, the only thing that actually bugged me about her was her "special" treatment of me. Considering my "bunk-mates" I was a good lil' soldier, and I used to wake those lazy fuckers in the mornings too(when she found out I was the only one to actually get out of bed she forced me to do it all the time, and I was the one she directed venom at if they didn't care to listen to me).
Now, I don't like bad treatment, but discrimmination makes me MAD. :evil:

Hmm, I'd have to admit I usually aimed it at the soldiers in the camp anyway in the mornings when they came out to do their drills etc.

Is it really that wrong to want to purge my surroundings from idiots? :P

Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

orald wrote:I'm not sure this really works with me though...I remember I was pointing my M-16 at my sqaud(not sure how to translate these army terms, IDK the meaning of most of them in Hebrew. A unit of about 10-12 recruits) instructor one time when she walked down the path from my guard post, and she and the rest never even came close to the movie drill seargent(heck, I'd have broke the first second there, but I already know that and not really interested in being a marine), following her back with the eyesights.

Hmm, I'd have to admit I usually aimed it at the soldiers in the camp anyway in the mornings when they came out to do their drills etc.

Is it really that wrong to want to purge my surroundings from idiots? :P
:roll:
orald

Post by orald »

What? That drill seargent would love me! I'm a born killer! :lol:

GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I can't help but laugh when someone screams at me like that. And the more colorful the metaphors, the more I laugh. Still, my grin would probably fade real fast once I got a good smack or had to run 10k for laughing at my drill instructor :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:I can't help but laugh when someone screams at me like that. And the more colorful the metaphors, the more I laugh. Still, my grin would probably fade real fast once I got a good smack or had to run 10k for laughing at my drill instructor :)
Some people do laugh, they don't hit you any more but they can "make you do PT until you vommit". You're right, it's not as funny after that.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Freakzilla wrote:Some people do laugh, they don't hit you any more but they can "make you do PT until you vommit". You're right, it's not as funny after that.
Really? Why can't they smack ya anymore? Don't tell me someone sued...
Fantômas

Post by Fantômas »

GamePlayer wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Some people do laugh, they don't hit you any more but they can "make you do PT until you vommit". You're right, it's not as funny after that.
Really? Why can't they smack ya anymore? Don't tell me someone sued...
Well, they do not hit you anymore. Unless you hit them first. then, you are in "a world of shit". Why? because "they" hit back.
Not right away, usually sargeant #1 gets sargeant #3 and take you to a nice place and work on you, just a little bit, just enough to make you pay attention. :wink: