Hey nerds!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Mandy
Cat Herder

Re: Hey nerds!

Post by Mandy »

Lightning struck somewhere in the yard and zapped my modem, the cordless phone, and the ethernet port on my good computer!

Then we had a family reunion and there were 8 relatives staying here. lol

THEN.. today the transformer on the pole in the front yard died and the power was out for a couple hours.

That's three things. I hope that uses up the bad luck for awhile!
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Diego

Post by Diego »

Sounds like you have had a hard time of it for awhile, Sweetheart! No power strip surge protector? Or did it overload it?
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Diego wrote:Sounds like you have had a hard time of it for awhile, Sweetheart! No power strip surge protector? Or did it overload it?

Don't be a bloody creeper.

Rob
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Mandy wrote:Lightning struck somewhere in the yard and zapped my modem, the cordless phone, and the ethernet port on my good computer!

Then we had a family reunion and there were 8 relatives staying here. lol

THEN.. today the transformer on the pole in the front yard died and the power was out for a couple hours.

That's three things. I hope that uses up the bad luck for awhile!
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully that will be the end of the frustrations for awhile.

Here's looking to brighter days.

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
WolfgangMercury

Post by WolfgangMercury »

Hunchback Jack wrote:Hi Mandy, Eyes, D Pope!! :greetings-waveyellow:

The next atrocity is Navigators of Dune, published more than two years after the previous one ("Mentats"), and only just over 400 pages long. Methinks the steam is running out on these books.

KJA is still trying to flog Frank's early work through Wordfire, though, which is sickening to see.

And OMG, Eyes, so sorry to hear about your fire! I hope you can replace most of what you lost.

HBJ
I thought that the perpetual shutting on Frank's legacy was finally grinding to a halt, but, alas, I was sadly mistaken.
Attachments
Something the two hacks posted on Reddit a few days ago
Something the two hacks posted on Reddit a few days ago
"We've lost that clear, single-note of living. If it cannot be bottled, beaten, pointed or hoarded, we give it no value."

Emperor Muad'dib, Dune Messiah