New Users - Please Read

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandRider
Watermaster

Re: New Users - Please Read

Post by SandRider »

at first, I was all like :Adolf: and :violence-torch:

but then, I realized there are two "New Users - Please Read" threads,
this one, here in "Introduce Yourself", and the other one in "News and Announcements",
the "Guidelines for Wandering the Sietch" thread ....
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2429" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and then I was all like :doh: and

after that, tho, I remembered
and was all :drool: & :dance:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Visigoth

Post by Visigoth »

SandRider wrote:at first, I was all like :Adolf: and :violence-torch:

but then, I realized there are two "New Users - Please Read" threads,
this one, here in "Introduce Yourself", and the other one in "News and Announcements",
the "Guidelines for Wandering the Sietch" thread ....
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2429" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and then I was all like :doh: and
Amazing, isn't it?
ImageImageImage
Ibn Teg

Post by Ibn Teg »

Salaam Ikhwaanee wa Okhawatee wa rahmat Allah Ul Ghaib, Leto Thanee (pbuh).

I'm Ibn Teg. I first read dune in the mid-1980s soon after David Lynch's butchered masterpiece came out and was hooked form the outset. But, strangely, I only read the first book. Fast forward almost three decades and I re-read Herberts magnum opus and actually decided to read all of them. Then, I read the Butlerian Jihad to slake my thirst for more only to spit out the vile piss. Only then did I reconnoitre the literary feild and discovered the most heinous crime ever committed upon a work of art (it was as though someone had decided to write a sequel to War & Peace). Suffice to say I scoured the internet looking for allies, surely I was not alone in my rage against the un-thinking machines (actually, automatons) named Herbert and Anderson (the former, dishonourably profitting from his father's name). Anyway, I hope I contribute to the Banu Al-Herberteeah. Long live the fighters!
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome! Image
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

:lol: Welcome!

You may have just won the Entrance of the Year award! (not that we have one... yet :wink: )

:clap:
Ibn Teg

Post by Ibn Teg »

A Thing of Eternity wrote::lol: Welcome!

You may have just won the Entrance of the Year award! (not that we have one... yet :wink: )

Me? Awwww. Thanks. Always nice to be appreciated :D (although that may change :wink: given I'm currently wokring on a theory that Logno may have been a Face Dancer, hence her "assassination" of Dama in CHD to oprevent them from acquiring BG techniques to improve their immunity against the bio-weapons being used in the scattering! :o [assuming that hypothesis hasn't already been suggested/discarded that is :doh: ])
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Ibn Teg wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote::lol: Welcome!

Me? Awwww. Thanks. Always nice to be appreciated :D (although that may change :wink: given I'm currently wokring on a theory that Logno may have been a Face Dancer, hence her "assassination" of Dama in CHD to oprevent them from acquiring BG techniques to improve their immunity against the bio-weapons being used in the scattering! :o [assuming that hypothesis hasn't already been suggested/discarded that is :doh: ])
I recall she met Rebecca, whom you could argue over looked the taint of the Face Dancer or never reviewed those memories once she assumed the Lampadas horde. But what of Lucilla?
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

If you'll recall when Lucilla and Burzmalli met Sirafa on Gamu for her HM disguise, Lucilla detected face dancer signs but wasn't sure. I think this was a NFD and Lucilla would have recognized the same tells in Logno.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ibn Teg

Post by Ibn Teg »

Freakzilla wrote:If you'll recall when Lucilla and Burzmalli met Sirafa on Gamu for her HM disguise, Lucilla detected face dancer signs but wasn't sure. I think this was a NFD and Lucilla would have recognized the same tells in Logno.
Good points. But weren't the Face Dancers of the Scattering different is someway (I'll have to check) but I remember Bellonda questioning Otrade or, to be more precise, raising the possibility of unknown evolutionary forces at work in the Scattering. I have a feeling Scytale's insurance policy (having tampered with the Idaho gholas) has something to do with events after Chapterhouse. I also have the feeling that the Face Dancers of the Scattering have broken free of their Tlilaxu bonds (some joined the HM and others became the Enemy they are fleeing from, IMO only) and thus Scytale's increased prominance in the final books (especially with regards to Tlilaxu competition with the BG and the God Emporer's plans for humanity). It's interesting, to me at least, that Scytale regards the BG and even the Emperor (implicitly atleast) of perverting what they consider to be the true path of the Islamiyat. And didn't they have their own programme to rival Leto's Golden Path? And so there's almost a mirror imaging of the Tlilaxu/BG relations with that of the HM/Enemy even though both sets of dialectical pairs are opposed to one another (if you catch my drift). I have a feeling (yes, another one :!: ) that Scytale's trump cards have something to do with the Face Dancer's of the Scattering (whom I am assuming to be evolved Face Dancers. i.e., Marty). A lot of assumptions, I know, but I've been pent up for so long with unrequited computations it's unsurprising I'd shoot my load in one go! :oops:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Yes, I assumed Sirafa was a NFD from The Scattering.

It seemed they were much harder to detect but RMs still could tell something wasn't right.

When a FD draws the attention of a RM he's as good as busted.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ibn Teg wrote:Salaam Ikhwaanee wa Okhawatee wa rahmat Allah Ul Ghaib, Leto Thanee (pbuh).
Wa-s-salam aleik! :D
Otheym

Post by Otheym »

A big howdy from JST here. Having read all of the dune books multiple times and the Dune Encyclopedia a number of times, I find myself questioning why there was ever a need for any other books. But then I guess when Frank told my uncle Bob that he had published all six of his books when they worked together, he failed to mention that his son would bastardize the entire thing after his death.

Sadly, it appears that bastardization is continuing and there is no end in site. I am not sure what KJA and BH ever figured with this re-write of history around the Dune series but when they started ignoring canon, that was it for me. Long live the Duke!
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Thanks
~Pink Snowman
Deskepticon

Post by Deskepticon »

Hey guys. Ive been a member over at the official Dune forum since 2008, but since it died at the end of a rope I decided to bounce over here. (Dont know why I havent sooner; there's only so much propaganda one can take.) Now where's the keg??
Put your beer goggles on and make love to me.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

You bring the keg we bring the glasses.

hihihi :)

edit to correct spelling. ;/
Last edited by inhuien on 13 Mar 2013 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Deskepticon wrote:Now where's the keg??

I am right here.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
lotek

Post by lotek »

Did someone say propaganda ?
http://www.psywarrior.com/sexandprop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Deskepticon wrote:Hey guys. Ive been a member over at the official Dune forum since 2008, but since it died at the end of a rope I decided to bounce over here. (Dont know why I havent sooner; there's only so much propaganda one can take.) Now where's the keg??
:text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:
~Pink Snowman
optimusjamie

Post by optimusjamie »

Hey. I've read the rules.
More of a Liberal Herbertarian.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Knew 'em. Love 'em. Live 'em.
~Pink Snowman