Scytale - Face Dancer to Master

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

The Sons of Idaho wrote:Didn't you used to be Face Dancer B?
That was many serial lives ago..... :wink:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Spicelon wrote:So, does everybody have searchable e-copies of the texts?
If you would like, I'll try to send them to you tonight.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Freakzilla wrote:
I have mine as Word docs, but I'm always on the lookout for something better. What format?
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Spicelon wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
I have mine as Word docs, but I'm always on the lookout for something better. What format?
PDF
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Mandy wrote:Ugh.. I hate the term "decanted". FH used it once, I think, then P&tB latched onto it.
Twice. In heretics.

Would you prefer "extracted"?
lol.. I don't know. If it weren't for P&tB using it repeatedly I wouldn't even care.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I hate that word now too.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Tleilax Master B

Hehe, I guess it doesn't bother me too much, since they stole it from the master anyway. I sort of like the visual of a ghola being sort of poured out from tank to outside world. :D

(Now making "synthetic" spice in a tank, that is just fucking stupid.... :x )
orald

Post by orald »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
So you were a FD and now a Master?! :o

Did it have anything to do with the events in DM? :lol:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

orald wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:

Actually, he started calling himself Master during his rebellious teenage years: the events in the Prelude to Dune as transcribed by the prophets P&B. :D
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Tleszer wrote:
orald wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:

Actually, he started calling himself Master during his rebellious teenage years: the events in the Prelude to Dune as transcribed by the prophets P&B. :D
Im still waiting for TMC to show up.

Goodnight Golden Path!
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

orald wrote:Also, Paul was a sacred figure for the BT, at least AFTER he was gone from the political scene and they stopped trying to sabutage him...like with God Leto. Someone who was just in the room with him would've been fawned upon.

I don't think Bijaz's dwarfism had anything to do with Masters either.
For one thing, as TMB points out, they're normally proportioned though small. Also, they're what, 150 cm in HoD? That's not a dwarf, that's just short, and no way near dwarfed. That's like half a head shorter than me, and I've seen plenty of women that short, some even shorter*.

IIRC, his dwarfism was part of the plan to draw attention to this physical feature. Wasn't he supposed to be a "freak" kind of gift, like a curiosity item on the surface?

*On my job course in the army there was this one CUTE doll instructor about 140-145 cm high. Damn she was cute! :oops:
In Children of Dune there's a refernce to the Tleilaxu and it mentions Face Dancers and small people, so it looks like the Masters were midgets from the beginning, before FH fully developed the Tleilaxu in the later books.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Spicelon wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:He had probably been used for numerous other tasks before the Hayt project.
But, doesn't Hayt/Duncan remember, right around the time he's getting his memories back, seeing Bijaz in the tanks along with himself? I always thought they were grown together.
"You are not Hayt," the dwarf said. "You are Duncan Idaho. I was there when they put your dead flesh into the tank and I was there when they removed it, alive and ready for training."

Bijaz had long since been removed from the tanks when Hayt was decanted. He was there when the corpse was put in and there when it was removed. To shield Hayt from Paul's prescience, IMHO.
There's another quote, from the same conversation, where Bijaz tells Hayt they were both grown in the same tank, "First me, then you," I believe it goes.

I'm also uncertain about Bijaz actually being prescient. Paul puts forth the idea, but just because Paul doesn't see him doesn't make him prescient. The Guild was involved with the Hayt project and the conspiracy from the beginning. There's no reason that Edric couldn't be shielding Bijaz, and the comments Bijaz make to Paul aren't exactly great evidence.

But I do agree in general that it's entirely possible for masters of genetics to change a Face Dancer into a Master. Wasn't it suggested at one point that the Tleilaxu might have made a Face Dancer Duncan Idaho? If they can turn a human into a Face Dancer, they can surely do the reverse.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
Tleilax Master B

Phaedrus wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Spicelon wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:He had probably been used for numerous other tasks before the Hayt project.
But, doesn't Hayt/Duncan remember, right around the time he's getting his memories back, seeing Bijaz in the tanks along with himself? I always thought they were grown together.
"You are not Hayt," the dwarf said. "You are Duncan Idaho. I was there when they put your dead flesh into the tank and I was there when they removed it, alive and ready for training."

Bijaz had long since been removed from the tanks when Hayt was decanted. He was there when the corpse was put in and there when it was removed. To shield Hayt from Paul's prescience, IMHO.
There's another quote, from the same conversation, where Bijaz tells Hayt they were both grown in the same tank, "First me, then you," I believe it goes.

I'm also uncertain about Bijaz actually being prescient. Paul puts forth the idea, but just because Paul doesn't see him doesn't make him prescient. The Guild was involved with the Hayt project and the conspiracy from the beginning. There's no reason that Edric couldn't be shielding Bijaz, and the comments Bijaz make to Paul aren't exactly great evidence.

But I do agree in general that it's entirely possible for masters of genetics to change a Face Dancer into a Master. Wasn't it suggested at one point that the Tleilaxu might have made a Face Dancer Duncan Idaho? If they can turn a human into a Face Dancer, they can surely do the reverse.
I certainly agree with the latter. I personally am fairly convinced that Bijaz had some level of prescience, and Paul seemed fairly convinced also. But we know they are at least capable of producing such a thing, as we know that the BT made their own KH, which would presumably be prescient.
Illogical Banana

Post by Illogical Banana »

I believe these questions will be answered in the upcoming Tleilaxu of Dune trilogy: Scytale of Dune, Waff of Dune, and [whatever the name of that castrated midget from Hunters is] of Dune. :roll:

Note: I would've looked up the name, but I'm happy to be losing my memory of those books. :D

So my post isn't wholly off-topic, I will say I agree with TMB, mostly because he seems to know everything on this subject.

To address the point about ebooks, I have some .lit versions if anyone would rather have those instead of .pdf. I'm not sure they're any different though. I also have a majority of Frank's other works in varied formats, if you're looking for a specific non-Dune book.
“But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is doing good.” -Oscar Wilde
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Illogical Banana wrote:I believe these questions will be answered in the upcoming Tleilaxu of Dune trilogy: Scytale of Dune, Waff of Dune, and [whatever the name of that castrated midget from Hunters is] of Dune. :roll:

Note: I would've looked up the name, but I'm happy to be losing my memory of those books. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's just hope Kevin doesn't see those and think they're a good idea! :shock:

(Remember the last little guy as Fuxtal, like I do. ;) )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Nah, I figure the next four or five book trilogy will probably be a last minute decision to expand Leto of Dune. It'll detail Leto's suffering in not being able to bone chicks, and have lots of explosions. This is really the time period that they can have the most special effects fun in. But we'll find out that he had a secret cave filled with worms, and his death actually triggered a device to release those worms - it really wasn't the sandtrout that start the cycle all along! The series will be titled Retcons of Dune.
Illogical Banana

Post by Illogical Banana »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Nah, I figure the next four or five book trilogy will probably be a last minute decision to expand Leto of Dune. It'll detail Leto's suffering in not being able to bone chicks, ...
That may be a pretty good series. I would guess that both of the author's have first hand experience of such suffering. :wink:

Although I doubt that experience would overcome their writing ability.
“But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is doing good.” -Oscar Wilde
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yeah, LOADS of suffering there...the inability to express one's natural desires, forever unrequited love, the pain of being only a mediocrity shot from the loins of genius....
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Yeah, LOADS of suffering there...the inability to express one's natural desires, forever unrequited love, the pain of being only a mediocrity shot from the loins of genius....
I wonder what the authors will use to inform that? :P

Goodnight Golden Path!
orald

Post by orald »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:The series will be titled Retcons of Dune.
There will also be a new Harkonnen trilogy about the Baron's exploits since youth until the era of the House books.

It'll be called Rectums of Dune.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

On the bright side, at least we know(or at least hope) that they can't finish ALL these series, if they plan on doing Hellhole, and if they both keep writing their own books.

How old was Brian again? How old will he be when they finish Leto of Dune, on the current schedule?

I imagine the graph is pretty easy, just a diminishing line of time against potential for ruined Dune books...that's nice to think about, actually.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

And Kim having no literary aspirations that we've heard of to date, the HLP will next turn to Byron to take his place on the low stool, grab them udders with both hands and start pullin'.

Or maybe Kevin will be allowed to continue to hike "Dune" until he dies or runs out of ideas under the conditions of that mysterious MYOB agreement he has with the Dairies?

Brian is 61, Kevin just turned 46. If Timeweb is any indication, Brian's close to drooling already but Kevin could have another twenty or thirty years of books in him to crap out, if God doesn't hurry up with that boulder or meteorite.

2008 Pail of Dung (61, 46)
2009 Smellhole (62, 47)
2010 Jess Icky Dung (63, 48 )
2011 Smellhole Inferno (64, 49)
2012 I rollin' in Dung (65, 50)
2013 Smellhole Impact (66, 51)
2014 Letotard of Dung (67, 52)
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

SandChigger wrote:And Kim having no literary aspirations that we've heard of to date, the HLP will next turn to Byron to take his place on the low stool, grab them udders with both hands and start pullin'.

Or maybe Kevin will be allowed to continue to hike "Dune" until he dies or runs out of ideas under the conditions of that mysterious MYOB agreement he has with the Dairies?

Brian is 61, Kevin just turned 46. If Timeweb is any indication, Brian's close to drooling already but Kevin could have another twenty or thirty years of books in him to crap out, if God doesn't hurry up with that boulder or meteorite.

2008 Pail of Dung (61, 46)
2009 Smellhole (62, 47)
2010 Jess Icky Dung (63, 48 )
2011 Smellhole Inferno (64, 49)
2012 I rollin' in Dung (65, 50)
2013 Smellhole Impact (66, 51)
2014 Letotard of Dung (67, 52)
If they finish this series, I'll take it as proof that there is no God.

Frank Herbert only lived to 65. :cry:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Ahp. And there's been no indication that Brian has any health problems.

Other than the mental ones, that is.

"Brian, look out, technology!"

"Aaaagh! Aaagh! Aaaaaagh!!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

He probably just can't be bothered to learn something new. Too lazy, too many mean Talifan out there.