Mr. Melange in da House

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Mr. Melange

Mr. Melange in da House

Post by Mr. Melange »

Yo this is the Mr. Melange, and unfortunately I see I kinda missed the bandwagon for this site...

Well first off I guess I want to say I am young, mostly cause I feel so, but I also haven't read the series as much as you guys obviously have. I have read GEoD like 3 times from front to back, and have read a random chapter of the book perhaps 2 to 10 times a week. Other than that though, I have read Dune thrice, Messiah twice, Children twice, Herectics twice, and Chapterhouse I'll say one and a half times.

Point is, I really want to compliment you guys on your knowledge of Dune, and how much more it makes me interested in the series. Dune has been my favorite series for a while, but literally, the only person I have ever fully discussed this with is my ex-girlfriend. To see you guys discuss all this stuff not only gives me new ideas, but helps keep my pre-conceived ones fresh. I have read many of your discussions and most of the time I am so impressed that I have nothing to even say. You guys have effectively satisfied my Dune cravings and I am endlessly grateful for that.

So here is what I have to offer back (though I am sure you have discussed this before.) My first reading of Dune was actually an assignment for my English class my senior year of high school. It is funny because I actually shirked the book off and did pretty poorly on it for the first few weeks, but once I actually started the book, i was hooked. Everybody in that class loved the book as well, and allowed for crazy deep discussions which you would only expect from a high schooler if they were stoned.

So I 100% believe Dune should be taught in high school, senior year probs. And at the same time, so long as Kevin J Fucktard and his asslave are still at large, the series could be discredited simply because of how many books are in the series. It now looks like every other crazy nerdy SF series.

I do believe that you guys can take down the hack. Perhaps it's just the young rebel in me but I really think that between FH's brilliance and your loud yet intelligient trolling, you could draw the attention that the hack has so desperately been trying to avoid.

Nobody reads Dune anymore, and sometimes I fear the book will be forgotten in the next 20 years...
Last edited by Mr. Melange on 30 Jul 2014 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagine being told that the forging of the ring was really not a plan of Saurons, he just helped - and it was really for the good, because it was needed to defeat these mega-spiders which were somehow related to Shelob (in a way inconsistent with the Silmarillion)...
Meanwhile, a hobbit named Norma becomes a valar because she dies horribly due to a spider-bite, returns to Middle Earth and walks around a bit, inventing everything interesting you ever hear of in LoTR."
-Lundse
Serkanner
Administrator

Re: Hwi in da House

Post by Serkanner »

Any specific reason why you named yourself nigga?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Mr. Melange

Post by Mr. Melange »

Haha, I kinda liked the ring it had, really didn't think of it too hard.
Hope its not too off putting. Figured you could take it.
"Imagine being told that the forging of the ring was really not a plan of Saurons, he just helped - and it was really for the good, because it was needed to defeat these mega-spiders which were somehow related to Shelob (in a way inconsistent with the Silmarillion)...
Meanwhile, a hobbit named Norma becomes a valar because she dies horribly due to a spider-bite, returns to Middle Earth and walks around a bit, inventing everything interesting you ever hear of in LoTR."
-Lundse
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

It doesn't offend me, but just to be clear, we frown on any kind of racism here.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Mr. Melange

Post by Mr. Melange »

Well perhaps offend is the wrong word, but I suppose you can call me an advocate of the word "nigga" so that it in a way, diminishes the negative impact of the use of the word "nigger". Kinda convoluted, but I do believe it makes some sense.

But yes, I am right alongside you there.
Last edited by Mr. Melange on 30 Jul 2014 13:24, edited 2 times in total.
-Lundse
Mr. Melange

Post by Mr. Melange »

If it is in your best interest to change my name, by all means...
-Lundse
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

NiggaHwi wrote:Well perhaps offend is the wrong word, but I suppose you can call me an advocate of the word "nigga" so that it in a way, diminishes the negative impact of the use of the word "nigger". Kinda convoluted, but I do believe it makes some sense.

But yes, I am right alongside you there.
Nigga dimishes the negative impact word nigger? That is a first. As far as I know it means exactly the same thing for exactly the same reason. Freak is boss so he decides. I find it distasteful though to say the least.

and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Since you have already offered to change it, give me your second choice and I'll make it so.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Mr. Melange

Post by Mr. Melange »

I'll take Mr. Melange
-Lundse
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

OK, use that to sign on next time, exactly as you wrote it.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Re: Mr. Melange in da House

Post by Freakzilla »

:text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:
~Pink Snowman
Mr. Melange

Post by Mr. Melange »

Thank you! I will do my best to contribute.

Bi-lal kaifa.
-Lundse
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

hihihi Mr. Melange :)
Naib

Post by Naib »

Hello Mr. Melange and welcome.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Thank you for changing your adopted name. I highly respect common sense. Welcome Home!

and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Serkanner is an asshole, don't listen to him. :D
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote:Serkanner is an asshole, don't listen to him. :D
I have no counter argument.

and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

It takes one to know one. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Welcome twice welcome.

Is that you? (click pic for link)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Welcome Mr. Melange and Serkanner is great, don't listen to Freak... :cat fight: ..... well at least on this point.

;) And just for the records, most of these others guys, especially the "oldtimers" are great. They're my brothers and sisters :romance-grouphug:

Sorry new guys, I don't know you yet.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Eyes doesn't know what she is talking about. I too am an asshole.

Welcome!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Omphalos wrote:Eyes doesn't know what she is talking about. I too am an asshole.

Welcome!
:lol:

Well I did say "most" ;-)

Besides didn't we have another name for you, Oh mighty one.

Okay, yeah they can be a-holes but they are great ones. :twisted:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Mr. Melange

Post by Mr. Melange »

Hey this is the Internet. If you weren't a bunch of assholes, then what kinda forum would this be? What we gonna discuss books or something? That'd be fucking dumb.
-Lundse
Mr. Melange

Post by Mr. Melange »

lotek wrote:Welcome twice welcome.

Is that you? (click pic for link)
Nope that is not me. He must have stolen my name to use in his URL. The bastard...
-Lundse
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

That guy in the photo is an asshole too. I've seen him at the meetings.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!