Jodorowsky's dune

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Crizius

Jodorowsky's dune

Post by Crizius »

Hey guy's. Has anybody seen Jodorowsky's dune? It's a documentary about Alejandro Jodorowsky making Dune adaptation, a movie that never was. What are your tought's?
Remember the alamo!
inhuien

Re: Jodorowsky's dune

Post by inhuien »

Some have had some.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3545
Crizius

Post by Crizius »

I think, that if live-action version of Jodorowsky's Dune was too epic and expensive to make why not make an animation feature? I believe that cartoon is the only form of media that can remain loyal to and capture Jodorowsky's Dune the way it was intended allowing its director to use his imagination fully. Sure, some might argue that animation is not art, but I think that makes animated movie is as hard and as demanding as movie and counts as art, besides Alejandro himself said that his comics are art, besides art is subjective, just look at modern paintings, or at debate whatever games are art or not.
In the worst-case scenario, if the movie was supposed to be live, since the plan was to make it 10 hour long, they could just make a trilogy, like The Hobbit, three movies, based mainly on one book (frankly even normal Dune Adaptation should be at least two movies), or at least TV mini-series.
Either waymshame that it wasn't made, I doubt that I would like it like I like any other (mainstream-entertaining) movie, but I'm sure It would be a different experience, not for everybody of course, but its good to have a choice rather that same old, mindless action-adventure.
Last edited by Crizius on 22 Jan 2020 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
Remember the alamo!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

http://www.redboxinstant.com/product.ht ... dorowsky's" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Dune
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Fuck. Only available in the US.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm not sure its worth $3.99 to me, since I consider it an aborted abomination... no offense to its fans. :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
zacher2005

Post by zacher2005 »

Just watched it on Amazon Prime, and I will say it comes across as a bunch of whining from a guy who made weird movies who set his expectations so high and is “surprised” Hollywood was smart enough to back it.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Just found it, putlocker, if you're not opposed to that sort of thing.

http://www.putlocker.tw/watch-jodorowsk ... -2013.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

D Pope wrote:Just found it, putlocker, if you're not opposed to that sort of thing.

http://www.putlocker.tw/watch-jodorowsk ... -2013.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You are awesome, D Pope :wink:

If this ever got back into production, I'd want to see it be done as an interactive movie. Odd thing to say, but computer rendering technology could possibly replicate Orson, Dali, and Carradine pretty well in that format.
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky