Hi

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Kronz

Hi

Post by Kronz »

Hi, just joined up after some time lurking. Was looking for a general purpose FH forum but for obvious reasons that isn't a thing. After devouring DV and its sequels recently I was looking for Pandora topics. Anyway I do love Dune and DM but have yet to read the rest. Just re-read Dune last week to kick off a run through all six books. While I have not read any KJA/BH stuff, I can not see the point. I don't read novels in franchises after being exposed to Timothy Zahn as a kid. I can handle comics, movies et al but literature is too personal to hand off to someone else. So anyhow this forum should work. Really enjoying the other books and reading group topics so far.
Serkanner
Administrator

Re: Hi

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home! I envy that you can still read most of the Chronicles for the first time. Stay away from the Atrocities written by Bobo and TheHack. They will make you sick.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Kronz wrote:Hi, just joined up after some time lurking.
:text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:
Really enjoying the other books and reading group topics so far.
Thanks! Please comment, just stay on the topic chapter and, well... I guess I don't have to ask you not to post spoilers. :D
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Kronz

Post by Kronz »

Thanks. I really like that I can read synopses after each chapter here. I will probably just ask questions when things jump out at me. The hardest parts for me tend to be the cryptic quotes framing each chapter. FH never fails to make it clear he was much smarter than I am. :)
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome! :orcs-buttshake:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
trang

Post by trang »

Well Met and Welcome.. Grab a Spice Beer and join in!!
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."