Barnes and Noble collectors edition

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

tenfingersofdoom

Barnes and Noble collectors edition

Post by tenfingersofdoom »

last sunday I went to barnes and noble to pick up ONE book when my eyes popped out of my skull and my heart skipped a beat. B&N has finally done a leatherbound classic edition of dune. the fremen on the spine reminded me of the illustrated edition so i began to hope it could be a reprint of that but it isnt. This book is sturdy, printed on thick sheets of paper with an embossed sandscape on the front cover, embossed sandworms on the back and a fremen on the spine. the cover is in gold, black and orange and the pages are gold leafed on the edges. I hope they release all 6 like this. my only real gripe is the font they used: DUNe, I hate that lower-case e.
Kevin J. Anderson is so stupid he thinks he invented The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen since he wrote the movie tie-in.
trang

Re: Barnes and Noble collectors edition

Post by trang »

Didn't know about this, very nice

B&N Webstore link:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dune-fr ... 1435140745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just an article about the reprint.
http://www.openlettersmonthly.com/class ... sued-dune/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Asking on the Facebook Dune Saga group if they know anything about this, I didnt see any announcement anywhere.

Thanks for the info:)
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Snagged myself a copy as well as The Foundation Trilogy.

I doubt we will see the rest of the novels by Frank.

The endpapers are by John Schoenherr and the embossing makes for a very striking cover.

It goes well with all of the leather hardcovers B&N puts out and $20 is a damn good price for a quality hardcover.

Rob
ᴶᵛᵀᴬ
Joseph-Vintimille Tariki Askaris

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Some pics here
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
    ۞ Shaihuludata gigantica Gratia, Fidei defensor ۞
      Eyes High
      Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

They are beautiful!
      What fear is there in the night?
      Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
      Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I just treated myself to this edition only last week. Got it shipped from the US for £40 total. I have the six Dune novels in Ace hardback format but wanted something special for Dune. Bit of a book collector and can only re-iterate comment above, a truly beautiful edition. Been tempted before by the far more expensive Folio edition but stunning artwork aside, it just didn't seem the have the same wow factor as the B&N. Good binding, good paper, illustrated front / end covers, gilt edges and nice print. Very pleased and no regrets about my purchase.
      Tom Servo

Post by Tom Servo »

I picked one of these up also the last time I saw them on sale. They have a buy one get one 50% off on their leatherbound books quite often and I usually wait until then to pick any up that I like and since they look so nice I've collected quite a few. This is one of the best looking ones I've seen though, this and their edition of Asimov's original Foundation trilogy are my favorites.