I rid my bookshelf of the prequels

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

JimmytheT

I rid my bookshelf of the prequels

Post by JimmytheT »

I recently had to relocate my household library, and prior to moving the books and shelves I decided to ditch both the House and Jihad series as there is no way I will ever read them again. I now have increased my shelving space for actual literature.

Why I did not do this years ago, I do not know.
Your life story would not make a good book. Don't even try.
-Fran Lebowitz
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: I rid my bookshelf of the prequels

Post by Nekhrun »

Good for you. I'm not sure why I still have mine. Mostly to show people how bad they are I guess. I'm going to have to find a safe place for them before my son learns how to read.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Nekhrun wrote:Good for you. I'm not sure why I still have mine. Mostly to show people how bad they are I guess. I'm going to have to find a safe place for them before my son learns how to read.
Since I don't believe in destroying or defacing printed matter, I suggest getting the same labels you can get for poison bottles.

Yuck Face
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't know what happened to my prequels. I was going to give them to someone and when I went to look for them they were gone.

I think they heard me talking about them and ran away out of fear.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Let's just say its not just personal collections that are getting rid of certain titles.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I still need to get rid of mine. I just don't know how to do that without contaminating somebody else.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

I like the idea of going to a KJA book signing, getting him to sign all of them, then refusing to take them back. :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
ULFsurfer

Post by ULFsurfer »

Apjak wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:Good for you. I'm not sure why I still have mine. Mostly to show people how bad they are I guess. I'm going to have to find a safe place for them before my son learns how to read.
Since I don't believe in destroying or defacing printed matter, I suggest getting the same labels you can get for poison bottles.
I threw mine away into paper recycling. That's not destroying the printed matter - only its contents. :wink:
And how can you deface something that is already defaced?
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I gt rid of this shit years ago. How could i? Well, when I walk into the bathroom and see one of my kids turds in the toilet, I flush it away.

You just gotta ask your self which is more morally reprehensible; burning books or what KJA has done to a literary masterpiece full of wonderful, incite full ideas. Easy, IMHO.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

DuneFishUK wrote:I like the idea of going to a KJA book signing, getting him to sign all of them, then refusing to take them back. :)
Damn. I wish I'd thought of that! :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
tenfingersofdoom

Post by tenfingersofdoom »

I threw all of mine into recycling, even the autographed ones. I was not about to let some used book store profit off of my stupidity.
Kevin J. Anderson is so stupid he thinks he invented The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen since he wrote the movie tie-in.
ULFsurfer

Post by ULFsurfer »

I love seeing how worthless the autographed copies by BH/KJA really are on the market (no offense Kwisatz, if you read this..). It's just another indicator how little people really care about them and their work.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Mine went to the recycling bin in the local tip a while ago. Even the pikeys who hang around the tip waiting to run off with second hand tvs turned their noses up at mcdine.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
lotek

Post by lotek »

They know better.

(how's things btw ?)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

chanilover wrote:Mine went to the recycling bin in the local tip a while ago. Even the pikeys who hang around the tip waiting to run off with second hand tvs turned their noses up at mcdine.
:lol:
I read that as, "Homeless people won't even burn mcDune as fuel!"
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

D Pope wrote:
chanilover wrote:Mine went to the recycling bin in the local tip a while ago. Even the pikeys who hang around the tip waiting to run off with second hand tvs turned their noses up at mcdine.
:lol:
I read that as, "Homeless people won't even burn mcDune as fuel!"
It must smell less to burn dried shit.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
lotek

Post by lotek »

Well the difference between mcdune and dried shit is that dried shit became dried, when mcdune is as dry as dried shit from page one.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

lotek wrote:Well the difference between mcdune and dried shit is that dried shit became dried, when mcdune is as dry as dried shit from page one.
Even the lowly turd serves a biological function.

Whereas mcdune is purposeless waste of space and energy.
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/0 ... de=1325899" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman