Intro

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

blowholesofdune

Intro

Post by blowholesofdune »

Hi, I'm new at Jacurutu and I heard that this was the premier place to vent my anger at kja and express my love for the Frank Herbert saga. There is a lot of hot air going 'round on Dune these days( :mad: ), so I figured my name was particularly appropriate. Just saying hi and getting to know the group.

ps. sorry it took so long for my first post. College is a bitch.
Last edited by blowholesofdune on 05 Apr 2012 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
“There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me, you can’t get fooled again.” —In regards to my opinion of the na-dune books.
lotek

Re: Intro

Post by lotek »

welcome, twice welcome.

You can blow to your heart's content here.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome! Image
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
blowholesofdune

Thanks guys. I have to admit though... I have sinned! I admit it. I read Hunters, Sandworms and RTD. I was expecting something... I don't know what, in hindsight. I wanted to see how it ended and I wanted to read an inside look at the making of Dune and Dune Messiah. What I got... *silence* :puke:
“There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me, you can’t get fooled again.” —In regards to my opinion of the na-dune books.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Sin? Absolved...you recognized the new books as the shit they are.

You read them and felt empty, and realized that you wanted more and rather than accept them as a quick read-fix, you came here.

Because Dune is more than that. Its not fast food for the masses. Fuck em. There is a place for mindless reads, and Dune represents as far away from that place as you can get.

There are six Dune books and Frank is their author.

Oh, and Welcome Welcome.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
blowholesofdune

Ampoliros wrote:Sin? Absolved...you recognized the new books as the shit they are.

You read them and felt empty, and realized that you wanted more and rather than accept them as a quick read-fix, you came here.

Because Dune is more than that. Its not fast food for the masses. Fuck em. There is a place for mindless reads, and Dune represents as far away from that place as you can get.

There are six Dune books and Frank is their author.

Oh, and Welcome Welcome.
Aqua Sandworms!? Please God no! It can't be! IT CAN'T!!!!!

Seriously though, Are these "authors" really all we have left of Franks legacy? Tell me this is just a bad dream. I think I'll just pick up Dune again.
blowholesofdune

lotek wrote:welcome, twice welcome.

You've probably gotten this before, if so, then sorry ahead of time. But everyone knows Paul was Born on Caladan. Why did you write it in your avatar, if I may ask?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

blowholesofdune wrote:

You've probably gotten this before, if so, then sorry ahead of time. But everyone knows Paul was Born on Caladan. Why did you write it in your avatar, if I may ask?
Because kja says he wasn't and has written Dune books to that effect. It's kind of the OH mantra.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
blowholesofdune

Nekhrun wrote:
blowholesofdune wrote:

Because kja says he wasn't and has written Dune books to that effect. It's kind of the OH mantra.
Uh...er... What? Who cares what he says, it's not in the books? ...Is it?
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

blowholesofdune wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
blowholesofdune wrote:

It's in the kja books and to preeqs that means Dune. It is one of the single greatest evidences of his disrespect to FH's legacy.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

blowholesofdune

Nekhrun wrote:
blowholesofdune wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
blowholesofdune wrote:

It's in the kja books and to preeqs that means Dune. It is one of the single greatest evidences of his disrespect to FH's legacy.
WHAT THE SHIT!?
blowholesofdune

Forgive my ignorance but all this information about kja's tampering's is kinda new to me. Asshole. :mad:
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

blowholesofdune wrote:Forgive my ignorance but all this information about kja's tampering's is kinda new to me. Asshole. :mad:
That's okay. Sometimes the moment of revelation is a shock.

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Did you know that he also has Paul run off as a kid and join the circus?

Not kidding.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
blowholesofdune

Ampoliros wrote:Did you know that he also has Paul run off as a kid and join the circus?

Not kidding.

That was pretty funny. You're not kidding? Join the circus? What the hell for? I thought he never left Caladan. Was it on Caladan?
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Amp, put up some links to your McDune Notes ....

while it may be painful for the new recruit to swallow it all whole,
I would personally be amused at the gagging & choking ....

call it a Rite of Passage ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
blowholesofdune

SandRider wrote:Amp, put up some links to your McDune Notes ....

while it may be painful for the new recruit to swallow it all whole,
I would personally be amused at the gagging & choking ....

call it a Rite of Passage ....
Why do I suddenly feel like I'm in for a crapfest? Can't I just summon a worm like everybody else?
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:

The truth is worse than you could possibly imagine.

:D
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
blowholesofdune

Freakzilla wrote::text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:

The truth is worse than you could possibly imagine.

:D
If the truth is as bad as you say, then I prefer not to know, ty. I think I'll just stick with Frank Herbert's work and be happy.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Not that we need it, but your shock completely validates the existence of the OH.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Ampoliros wrote: Not kidding.
This could be fun!

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Achlan wasachlan! :)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"