And thus the milking continues...

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Sardaukar Capt

Re: And thus the milking continues...

Post by Sardaukar Capt »

The Hack has a nice little cottage industry going with his "Superstars" seminars. I looked at the speakers this year.... hmmm I think their definition of "Superstar" is different than mine. Funny how Bri-Bri isn't a speaker since those 2 are joined at the hip, career-wise. :)
The name Atreides was also consciously chosen. It is the family name of Agamemnon. Says Herbert, "I wanted a sense of monumental aristocracy, but with tragedy hanging over them--and in our culture, Agamemnon personifies that."
Frank Herbert by Tim O'Reilly
http://tim.oreilly.com/herbert/

Ghanima said. "We Atreides go back to Agamemnon..."
Distracted, Irulan asked: "Who's Agamemnon?"

Children of Dune by Frank Herbert

WTF? A BG forgets the Titans?! :)
E. LeGuille

Post by E. LeGuille »

You mean cottage cheese industry? :crazy:

Because between those two's hips what else could be of value? :dance:
Long Live the Fighters.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Sardaukar Capt wrote:Funny how Bri-Bri isn't a speaker since those 2 are joined at the hip, career-wise.
Well, remember that Bri-Guy doesn't do too well with the whole "social" thing. About the best they can do is tighten up his neck-bolts and get him to do a mini-tour every other year. Otherwise, it's just too much for him.

Oh, and airplanes, too. Let's not forget that this is a grown man still terrified of flying after some alleged "near miss" from 35 years ago.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Sardaukar Capt

Post by Sardaukar Capt »

I noticed this little tidbit on the DN Blog. (Emphasis added to the interesting bit by me)

http://www.dunenovels.com/articles/prev ... oming-soon
25/02/2012 - 10:29
A previously unpublished manuscript was recently uncovered by the Herbert family and is being prepped for release. We'll be setting it up as an eBook for those who want it, and might have a few other options available, too, for those who like having a book in-hand. More news coming soon...
Hmmmm :think: I may be wrong but I don't think the HLP has donated anything to the Fullerton archive in a long time. I think all of that was donated by Frank and Bev before their deaths. So funny how they "recently uncovered" HIGH-OPP. More likely, thekja was trolling the Fullerton archive list to see what is unpublished so he could put something out on his wordfire "vanity" press that someone would actually buy.
The name Atreides was also consciously chosen. It is the family name of Agamemnon. Says Herbert, "I wanted a sense of monumental aristocracy, but with tragedy hanging over them--and in our culture, Agamemnon personifies that."
Frank Herbert by Tim O'Reilly
http://tim.oreilly.com/herbert/

Ghanima said. "We Atreides go back to Agamemnon..."
Distracted, Irulan asked: "Who's Agamemnon?"

Children of Dune by Frank Herbert

WTF? A BG forgets the Titans?! :)
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

It's called marketing. Aka lying to sell.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Sardaukar Capt wrote:

I'm assuming when they talk about leaves they mean loose leaf paper. Standard 8.5x11 stuff.

What worries me is the "Leaves: 1-94; 96-183 + revision inserts" Its like page 95 could be missing. Will KJA "edit" it to fill in that gap??
Page 95 now equals 200 pages of intense Rock' Em Sock' Em robot action. Which the rest of the book will need a "slight KJA reworking" to accommodate.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

It will be ultra.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Freakzilla wrote:It will be ultra.
I know I posted this before, but wouldn't it be poetic justice if the hacks ultra just went off in his hands (no not that way that's the hlp's job... not that kind no... forget it you're all pervs ^^)

Spice is the worm's gonads.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

** You must have purchased items from Amazon to post.
As always, great job Jack.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

:oops:

Thanks, D. Perhaps I went a bit overboard, there, but hopefully people get the message.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Nah, well said. :clap:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman