Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

lotek

Moustache news

Post by lotek »

Let's kick off then.
Since I started it, I'll post my favourite cartoon hero sporting a moustache
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7agqhACT ... re=related[/youtube]

Then some scary info
http://www.homeomiracles.com/hair/Hair_ ... nadism.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Should there be a tax rebate for moustache owners ?
http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/19367 ... hpt=po_bn6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And this concludes our broadcast for the day.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: Moustache news

Post by Nekhrun »

Nothing compares to that moustache feelin'

"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Mustache bill puts congressman in hairy situation

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Republican congressman from Maryland is in a hairy situation over a proposal to give tax breaks to Americans with mustaches.
The American Mustache Institute claimed Tuesday that Rep. Roscoe Bartlett had lent his support to the 'Stache Act, which calls for a tax deduction of up to $250 a year for facial hair grooming.

But Bartlett's office said he never supported the measure. Staffers said Wednesday that they only forwarded a copy of the proposal to the House Ways & Means Committee, without the congressman's knowledge, after receiving a media inquiry about it. That led the institute to believe Bartlett, who has long had a mustache, supported the measure.

"For the record: Roscoe is pro-stache, but he does not believe Americans should pay for people's personal grooming decisions," Bartlett's chief of staff, Deborah Burrell, said in a statement.

So far, no other representatives have supported the mustache proposal.

At least one of Bartlett's Republican primary opponents is criticizing him over the facial hair flap. The longtime incumbent faces several challengers in the 6th District, which was redrawn to include more Democratic voters.

The American Mustache Institute, meanwhile, issued a statement faulting Burrell for what it called a "shameful reversal."

"We are highly disappointed by their reversal based on the fact that the congressman's opponents in the race are jumping on the bandwagon to criticize him," chairman Aaron Perlut said. "They obviously don't understand what it is to be a mustached American."

The institute plans to send Burrell an autographed photo of Burt Reynolds as a goodwill gesture, Perlut said.

State Delegate Kathy Azfali, who is challenging Bartlett in next month's primary, said the 'Stache Act situation was a sign that the 10-term incumbent had lost control of his staff and "is out of touch with voters."

Bartlett told WTOP-FM last fall that he grew his mustache in the 1950s as an affront to the clean-shaven.

"For someone who was kind of a nonconformist, it was kind of a symbol of rebellion," he said.

Bartlett supports the Movember campaign, which encourages men to grow mustaches in the month of November to raise money and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer. The mustache institute has contributed to that campaign and other charities.

"I would encourage people who find out about the mustache institute's efforts to make tax-deductible charitable contributions toward the serious Movember philanthropy effort," said Lisa Wright, Bartlett's press secretary.

Wright said she forwarded the mustache institute's white paper on the 'Stache Act to the Ways & Means Committee because it's the committee's role to address media inquiries about tax policy.

"I looked at it, and I knew it was a joke," Wright said of the 'Stache Act.

http://news.yahoo.com/mustache-bill-put ... 12021.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Since the Weekly Standard published the story, “Staffer Refers Mustache Bill to
Committee, Without Congressman’s Consent,” there has been a furor over the
relationship between the American Mustache Institute and the office of the
ruggedly handsome Maryland 6th District Congressman Roscoe Bartlett, one of
only 34 members of the U.S. House of Representatives with a finely tuned mustache.

Since then, the media has been ablaze as Rep. Bartlett’s vulturous opponents,
including Kathy Afzali, John Delaney, and Rob Garagiola — smelling blood in the
water and a fast-closing window to unseat the Congressman — have climbed up
on their fragile soap boxes to bring down a noble Mustached American with a
good-looking lower nose garment.

The reality is that prior to launching the Million Mustache March for the Stache
Act campaign, AMI reached out to Rep. Bartlett’s office hoping to secure an
interview on Tuesday, Feb. 21. When he was not available to meet, as a simple
act of kindness the Congressman’s press secretary passed along to the House
Ways & Means Committee the empirically sound, groundbreaking Stache Act
white paper written by noted tax policy professor Dr. John Yeutter of Northeastern
State University.

In spite of its critics, there is, in fact, no government waste related to our efforts
unless AMI’s Stache Act campaign will somehow be used to fund soccer fields for
imprisoned terrorists at Guantanamo Bay or to conduct hearings on steroids in
baseball. And counter to what the embarrassingly ill-informed Ms. Azfali charges,
the proposed Act is in no way “sexist,” as it would refund her well-used expenses
on eyebrow and lip waxing.

The simple truth is that we at the American Mustache Institute are leading perhaps
the greatest tax-mitigation movement in the history of tax-mitigation movements.
We seek fairness, equity, and social justice for the common man — the Mustached
American. While at the same time, sitting on sidelines and doing nothing but criticizing
their colleagues and opponents are some very silly bare faced mortals who find it more
productive to attack the kindness of a congressional office they can only dream of
occupying. They grandstand about the government waste which they themselves largely
create, and their useless and argumentative banter is what is definitively wasteful and
wrong with America.

In an era of hope and change, we, the 38 percent better looking Mustached American
people want to build a grass-roots collaborative movement that seeks an equitable,
better-looking country. And isn’t that what makes America great?

Indeed, the founding fathers and civil libertarians like Clarence Darrow would be proud.
And we hope you — Mustached Americans and interested third parties — will join the
American Mustache Institute on April 1 in the Nation’s Capitol for what will be a very
real Million Mustache March from the Capitol to the White House. We have the permits
to prove it.

You’re welcome.

http://www.americanmustacheinstitute.or ... tache-act/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:clap:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

I knew I'd get to the bottom of this here :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Bad, wrong, sad.
gurensan

Post by gurensan »

Wrong.

Awesome. Gutsy. This man has brass huevos and he's not afraid to show them .. probably to anyone who asks, no matter what public place in which they might be.
If you fart in the wilderness, and a bear eats you before you can smell it, does it matter if it makes an odor?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

He was probably shaving his beard off and was just having fun with it. That's the only way I can rationalize it.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I think I know that kid .... I think he's in an Austin band ...
Vallejos or Bexar County Bastards, maybe ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

http://poorlydressed.failblog.org/2012/ ... hair-fall/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I think I'm stuck in between Grandpa & Wizard stage for the next couple years. Once I can establish myself as indispensable at work then I'll really let it go! (Maybe we'll see how this work from home thing goes.)
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I think I'm going to grow a big CIvil War Moustache...
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-abraha ... 55298.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mesa Announced as Host City for 'Stache Bash
2012 as Nominations Open for Goulet Award

Dr. Abraham Froman
CEO, American Mustache Institute; and
the Leading Facial Hair Advocate in the World

As nominations open for the Robert Goulet Memorial Mustached American of the Year award,
presented by Wahl Trimmers, only one question remained: Where would the American Mustache
Institute's 'Stache Bash 2012 -- the event at which the Goulet award winner is crowned -- be held?

The mystery was solved Tuesday morning during a stirring ceremony under St. Louis' Gateway Arch.
Surrounded by local dignitaries and global leaders in the free facial hair movement, AMI chairman
Dr. Aaron Perlut announced that the AMI's Arizona chapter had won the AMI Chapter of the Year,
along with the right to host 'Stache Bash 2012 on October 27 in downtown Mesa. The event benefits
the Barrow Neurological Foundation, a non-profit support foundation dedicated to raising funds for
Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix.

"We're thrilled to have a site set for our marquee annual event," said Dr. Perlut. "Our Arizona
chapter truly earned the right to host 'Stache Bash 2012, and our community looks forward to
bringing the thunder to metro-Phoenix and educating the region about about the sexually dynamic
Mustached American lifestyle."

The highlight of each 'Stache Bash, of course, is AMI's annual honor -- the Robert Goulet Memorial
Mustached American of the Year award, presented by Wahl Trimmers (nominate here). The award
is given each year at 'Stache Bash has been noted by Time magazine, the NBC Nightly News, physicist
Stephen Hawking, and High Times magazine as being on par with the Nobel Prize for Peace.

"The Goulet is not a best mustache award but recognizes the person who has best represented or
contributed to the Mustached American community during the past year," added Dr. Perlut.

Past Goulet award winners include Orlando-area firefighter Brian Sheets, Arizona Diamondbacks
pitcher Clay Zavada, retired New York City police detective Tim Galvin, and Milwaukee Brewers
pitcher John Axford (read their stories here).

(read their stories here)?
https://twitter.com/DrAbeFroman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Omphalos
lotek

Post by lotek »

European Moustache and Beard Championships (Wittersdorf, Alsace, FRANCE)
(apparently first time France is the host)

Photo report here:
http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/9105/Monde/p ... ache.dhtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lotek

Post by lotek »

Not the wine I'd buy but they made one called "French Moustache" apparently

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

What is is with moustaches lately? It was funny moustache day for the workers at the call center here yesterday. Was there some national internet moustache thing I missed?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

http://www.americanmustacheinstitute.org/stache-bash/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

‘Stache Bash 2012: Phoenix-Mesa Gets A Hairy Halloween
-Omphalos
lotek

Post by lotek »

I don't know about an internet moustache day but I do know that moustaches are hipster fodder at the moment.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Hippers Fodder indeed!

versus...

D Pope

Post by D Pope »

http://www.americanmustacheinstitute.or ... -american/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Transitions of a Mustached American
When I see myself in the mirror, I see a mustachioed guy who is proud to be fighting for his
freedom, inch at a time. It’s not a hipster-ironic sign of divorce from what is happening in
my day-to-day, but instead my mustache is a sign that I am still aiming to express myself
as an individual who is proud and content to be moving forward. It was taken from me once
when my life was out of my control, and now I keep it as I take control back.
-Omphalos