Iran

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Iran

Post by Freakzilla »

I figured I'd get an early start on a topic for the next US war...

I see that Iran failed to attack the USS Abraham Lincoln as it passed through the Straight of Hormuz into the Persian Gulf.

Bummer :(

The Iranian Army Commander Ataollah Salehi warned the United States early in January against sending ships to the Gulf saying that Tehran was fully capable of repulsing any attacks.

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Re: Iran

Post by lotek »

The good thing is that there is only one letter to change.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

So we've got that going for us, which is nice.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

It kinds of indicates it was GW Bush that chose the target ^^ Wouldn't want to confuse the poor guy.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

if I voted, or if I thought that voting meant anything within the US Federal system,
I'd greenlight the War on Iran, or North Korea, or motherfucking China for that matter,
ANYTHING that would cause a reinstatement of The Federal Draft ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Ahmadinejad says Iran ready for nuclear talks

It's amazing how people's attitudes change with a couple of aircraft carriers parked off their coast.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/29/magaz ... d=fb-share" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
lotek

Post by lotek »

Wait a second, are you saying that Iran really wrote Dune from its own point of view ?
Shepherd492

Post by Shepherd492 »

SandRider wrote:if I voted, or if I thought that voting meant anything within the US Federal system,
I'd greenlight the War on Iran, or North Korea, or motherfucking China for that matter,
ANYTHING that would cause a reinstatement of The Federal Draft ...
Why do you support the draft?

Anyways, I have a friend who is absolutely convinced that the recent events concerning Iran are ABSOLUTELY WITH NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER the catalysts for an upcoming WW3 between the US/Europe and China/Russia. Don't see that happening, but eh...no war would be a nice change of pace.
My Youtube --- http://www.youtube.com/user/Shepherd492?feature=mhee" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Book Blog --- http://shepherd492.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Currently Reading:
Deus Ex: Icarus Effect
Heretics of Dune
Star Wars: Heir to the Empire
Star Wars: Droids: The Kalarba Adventures (comic book)

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Shepherd492 wrote:Why do you support the draft?
Maybe because one cannot be a conscientiousness objector in an all volunteer army?
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I support it because it makes it more likely for the elite to have some of their own kids' skin in the game; making it more likely not to get into stupid wars and to more quickly end the stupid ones we're in.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Freakzilla wrote:
Maybe because one cannot be a conscientiousness objector in an all volunteer army?
Or, if there is one thing that will set off crazy violence and possible reduction of federal authority, it is the reinstatement of a draft, especially a draft that shields the privileged.

Rob
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:I support it because it makes it more likely for the elite to have some of their own kids' skin in the game; making it more likely not to get into stupid wars and to more quickly end the stupid ones we're in.
I don't think that's how the draft works, amigo.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:I support it because it makes it more likely for the elite to have some of their own kids' skin in the game; making it more likely not to get into stupid wars and to more quickly end the stupid ones we're in.
I don't think that's how the draft works, amigo.
I'm not saying that there aren't ways to get out of it as proven by some of our illustrious Republican blowhards. But at least their bullshit reasons for getting out are documented and can come back to haunt them. I also think that there are bound to be some extra rich white kids who can't get out of it that will cause enough of a stir that might affect public policy a little more than can be accomplished now.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Robspierre wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Or, if there is one thing that will set off crazy violence and possible reduction of federal authority, it is the reinstatement of a draft, especially a draft that shields the privileged.

Rob
:cookie sm:
ImageImage

JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

by SandRider » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Robspierre wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Shepherd492 wrote:

Rob

Not that I got the cookie or anything. I've just been wanting to use that image.
Last edited by JustSomeGuy on 29 Jan 2012 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
I bring nothing to the table.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Man, I always forget how to do them ziggurat things. I couldn't be bothered this time around.
I bring nothing to the table.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

The easiest wau to learn the zigurat trick is to find one, press the quote button, then examine the text. It's all there but i'll admit that the hows and such don't exactly jump out at you, at first.

:cylon101:
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

JustSomeGuy wrote:
by SandRider » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Robspierre wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Shepherd492 wrote:

Rob

Not that I got the cookie or anything. I've just been wanting to use that image.
Cookie monster is da man.

SR, I am honored to receive a cookie.

Rob.