Hi, I'm Alex

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Analord

Hi, I'm Alex

Post by Analord »

You may call me Alyosha.

I have just discovered Dune and it resonates with me quite. My interest in Dune is only parallelled by my lack of knowledge of it.

I have trouble finding content about Dune on the internet though. I would like to read or watch a serious interview of Frank discussing his work but all I've found are only cursory (truly cursory) glances at his work, where he reiterates things that even have become platitudes to me (power attracts the corruptible, question authority.)
lotek

Re: Hi, I'm Alex

Post by lotek »

Achlan wasachlan !

Have a look round the forum, there has been quite some stockpiling of data here.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Analord

Post by Analord »

There is one thing that I like very much about this site instantly.

It seems here that flaming of other's positions is allowed, and thus actual discussion can occur without censorship.

If this is truly the case then I will like this site indeed. Most sites have this censorship where mods go out of their way to delete posts based on their political opinions. Then people basically start worshipping politeness, which is not the proper way to get the truth across. Forums like this are dreadful and rarely awaken anything beyond "general discussion."

Conversely it's a funny place when members can say what they truly think with no regard to other's opinions.
Analord

Post by Analord »

Oh and Lotek:

Let our waters mingle.
lotek

Post by lotek »

not yet man, not yet.
Someone else is in charge of this anyway ^^

You'll meet him soon enough.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:

We have but a few simple rules: viewforum.php?f=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want to learn about Frank Herbert's Dune, you've come to the right place.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Analord wrote:There is one thing that I like very much about this site instantly.

It seems here that flaming of other's positions is allowed, and thus actual discussion can occur without censorship.

If this is truly the case then I will like this site indeed. Most sites have this censorship where mods go out of their way to delete posts based on their political opinions. Then people basically start worshipping politeness, which is not the proper way to get the truth across. Forums like this are dreadful and rarely awaken anything beyond "general discussion."

Conversely it's a funny place when members can say what they truly think with no regard to other's opinions.
yeah that's basically it.
Of course having a big mouth is not enough, you need intelligent reasoning and/or a taste for rants, and a bit of time to earn respect, just like anywhere else.

And of course a general distate for the Preequels and other steaming poo from captain Ahack(that's Keith, or tehKAJ, the human douchebag and other similar tokens of our appreciation)will make it easier, even if we still wait for that one fanboy that can actually defend mcdune without crying and stomping their feet.
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Welcome, Twice Welcome.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Achlan wasachlan! :)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome! :orcs-buttshake:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Analord

Post by Analord »

Thank you everyone!
Analord

Post by Analord »

lotek wrote:not yet man, not yet.
:lol:

"Let our waters mingle" does sound a bit flirty, which makes it all the more hilarious.

That is a line from the movie right?

God I hope so.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

We have a watermaster, he'll be around presently to claim your water.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Analord

Post by Analord »

lotek wrote: And of course a general distate for the Preequels and other steaming poo from captain Ahack(that's Keith, or tehKAJ, the human douchebag and other similar tokens of our appreciation)will make it easier, even if we still wait for that one fanboy that can actually defend mcdune without crying and stomping their feet.
I have not read the prequels and have only read of "the KAJ" recently. The KAJ is quite a well thought out name. Kind of like Mike "the Situation."

I've actually been in this situation before. So I get the feeling I will not be approaching this situation with sympathy towards "the KAJ." But we'll see.
lotek wrote: even if we still wait for that one fanboy that can actually defend mcdune without crying and stomping their feet.
Could I be the one? Could I be the one that reads the books and changes the face of Arrakis? I mean Jagurutu.
lotek

Post by lotek »

They tried to kill them first
Analord wrote:
lotek wrote: And of course a general distate for the Preequels and other steaming poo from captain Ahack(that's Keith, or tehKAJ, the human douchebag and other similar tokens of our appreciation)will make it easier, even if we still wait for that one fanboy that can actually defend mcdune without crying and stomping their feet.
I have not read the prequels and have only read of "the KAJ" recently. The KAJ is quite a well thought out name. Kind of like Mike "the Situation."

I've actually been in this situation before. So I get the feeling I will not be approaching this situation with sympathy towards "the KAJ." But we'll see.
lotek wrote: even if we still wait for that one fanboy that can actually defend mcdune without crying and stomping their feet.
Could I be the one? Could I be the one that reads the books and changes the face of Arrakis? I mean Jagurutu.
Are you a bot ?
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Analord wrote:Could I be the one? Could I be the one that reads the books and changes the face of Arrakis? I mean Jagurutu.
Why do I fucking doubt it?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

La taghfir abadan! La tansa abadan! :angry-screaming:

"Never forgive! Never forget!"
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Analord

Post by Analord »

What makes you say I'm a bot?

Like a spam robot?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Don't mind him. He goes a bit wonky every month about this time and we either have to grab him and pin him down and force him to reboot or lure him into a cage with a sacrificial virgin.

(And since we're a bit short on virgins at the moment, get out your gloves... :P )
Analord

Post by Analord »

Omphalos wrote:
Analord wrote:Could I be the one? Could I be the one that reads the books and changes the face of Arrakis? I mean Jagurutu.
Perhaps you do not like romantic cliches?

While we're on the subject, can somebody point me to a thread that ridicules the new books? I would rather have somebody smarter then I find all the derpy moments.

The derp must flow.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Analord wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Perhaps you do not like romantic cliches?

While we're on the subject, can somebody point me to a thread that ridicules the new books? I would rather have somebody smarter then I find all the derpy moments.

The derp must flow.
Welcome! We have an entire subforum here dedicated to just this task - endless ENDLESS derp for you.
Analord

Post by Analord »

Excellent...

He who controls the derp..... ....

... CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE.!!!!!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Analord wrote:Excellent...

He who controls the derp..... ....

... CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE.!!!!!
But wait, KJA is the master of creating derp, we're just the masters of calling him out on it...
Analord

Post by Analord »

You can hardly contain his derp in your forums, I'm sure.