Hi I'm James

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: Hi I'm James

Post by Omphalos »

Tleszer wrote:
Omphalos wrote:I knew two guys from Garden City and one from West Islip that all said it that way.
Hmm, interesting... surely my college roommate would have said something to me considering he often enough tried to find what words my "accent" altered. I only admit to "coffee" and "quarter." Actually, I did cringe whenever I heard a classmate say "soder" and the like.

I'm not too far from Garden City. Maybe Lynbrook is special... or maybe I just tried harder because I needed a speech therapist when I was younger. Yes, I know :roll: , but it was because I had constant ear infections before the age of 5. Apparently it's hard to speak properly if you don't quite hear well enough.
I knew the Garden City guys way back in college. Now that I think more on it I remember the one who's grandmother lived on the East Side used to make fun of the other one whose family was pure Garden City townies about saying "Lon-G Ayeland". Hmmmmm. Micro regional accents?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Rymoah

Post by Rymoah »

Welcome! :D I'm from Bergamo, Italy.

Rymoah
lotek

Post by lotek »

Tleszer wrote: Apparently it's hard to speak properly if you don't quite hear well enough.
go tell that to the hack, his own mouthfarts prevent him from hearing how stupid his writing sounds...
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Rymoah wrote:Welcome! :D I'm from Bergamo, Italy.

Rymoah
It's party time, Italian style.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman