Gingrich and Santorum Criticize Obama on Constitution

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Gingrich and Santorum Criticize Obama on Constitution

Post by Freakzilla »

By Elicia Dover | ABC News – 7 hrs ago

Republican presidential candidates Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum participated in the Granite State Patriot’s Constitutional Conversation Thursday night, where the two were not short on criticism of President Obama’s interpretation of the constitution.

“What’s the biggest constitutional failing of the Obama administration?” the moderator asked Santorum. The crowd laughed as Santorum scratched his head for a moment with a perplexed look.

“This is going to be a much longer debate now,” Gingrich said.

“We’ll let Newt go first,” Santorum said.

Gingrich paused and said, “Not understanding which country he’s president of.”

The crowd erupted with applause and gave the only standing ovation of the night to Gingrich’s comment. Santorum followed up by saying “Obamacare.”

Gingrich also had harsh words for the Congressional Super Committee.

“First of all, this probably the dumbest legislative idea I’ve ever seen, in a career of looking at pretty dumb legislative ideas,” Gingrich said. “There 535 members of the house and senate and the idea that you’re going to put 523 of them to one side so that 12 geniuses picked by their political leadership can magically achieve something the 535 couldn’t just strikes me as exactly the opposite of the approach the founding fathers would have taken.”

One moment in the evening Santorum made fun of himself concerning his status at debates. When the moderator skipped over Gingrich for answer to a question, Santorum asked the moderator if he was going to be fair.

“Let’s be fair about it, I’m used to being at the end where I don’t get to answer questions so I’m just trying to be fair,” Santorum said. “I tend to be a little sensitive about those things.”

The discussion then turned to the role of religion in the constitution in relation to a civic society. Gingrich asked Santorum asked what steps he would take to create a virtuous society.

“I was in a church in Iowa and I walked into a conclave of pastors. The pastor was up there preaching revival, and in many respects that’s true, American needs a revival of the principles that made America the greatest country in the history of the world,” Santorum said.

On Saturday the two candidates will participate in a debate in Spartanburg, South Carolina, hosted by CBS News and the National Journal.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Re: Gingrich and Santorum Criticize Obama on Constitution

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Santorum isn't allow to be taken seriously any more, google him for why. Just type in his name, that's alllllll it'll take!

Good work Dan Savage, good work!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Santorum isn't allow to be taken seriously any more, google him for why. Just type in his name, that's alllllll it'll take!

Santorum is running all over the place.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
A Thing of Eternity

Nekhrun wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Santorum isn't allow to be taken seriously any more, google him for why. Just type in his name, that's alllllll it'll take!

Santorum is running all over the place.
He's a messy guy, luckily "Rick" cleans up "Santorum" now so its less of a messy situation. :lol:
ErasOmnius

Post by ErasOmnius »

Santorum is such a war monger. The only guy with something decent to say, Ron Paul, only got about a minute and a half before they shut him up.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Freak why you always go for the bats hit crazies is beyond me. Of the current GOP crop Huntsman is who you should be supporting.
1. Jon Huntsman: Smart fellow with an eclectic past (played in a rock band and was a missionary to Taiwan!) who went on to be an extraordinarily popular two-term governor of Utah, who played to traditional Republican strengths like cutting taxes while at the same time promoting a Federal increase of the minimum wage and signed on to the Western Climate Initiative. Worked for administrations both Republican and Democratic, and when he was Obama’s ambassador of China, got his name blocked on search engines for walking around in street protests, just to, as he said “see what’s going on.” Has this to say: “To be clear. I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming. Call me crazy.”
Rob
A Thing of Eternity

Now we're talkin, why do the good rightwing values always have to come with a load of batshit crazy and a lack of basic human morality? They don't, and once in a while you get a politician that proves it... they just tend to be lumped together for some reason.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

The decent condidates don't get the media spotlight, I guess.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

But the republicans own their own media, so they can choose whoever they want to get the spotlight, for them the media is rigged so it doesn't matter!