SEC

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Spicelon

SEC

Post by Spicelon »

Well, I ordered my Confederate flag. Guess I better pick a NASCAR driver, too.

Mizzou RAH!
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: SEC

Post by Freakzilla »

YEEEEEEHAW!

:violin: <~~Playing Dixie for you.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Overall I'm not a fan of this move at all. Big 10 would have been much better fit. But it was inevitable, we had to get out of the cluster fuck that was the Big 12. We'll be competitive in basketball right away. Football...ouch.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

They take SEC footbal very seriously in these parts, it's almost like a religion. Sure y'all are ready for this?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

I'm in KC myself, but I could care less about MU leaving the "big texas" conference.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

awwwww HORSESHIT !!

one of the reasons I got so hepped up about A&M going to to SEC
(besides the obvious, getting me a dawg back in the fight)
was that I wouldn't have to watch'em play fucking Missouri anymore ...
(& I didn't know they were moving,too)

but, all right ... Miz is a much better fit with the other Southern Universities ...
I never could get into giving a good-goddamn about a football conference with
Iowa in it ....

I sure miss Duke not coming around anymore .... the LSU-Bama game was a fucking classic ...
there is just no debating the superiority of SEC football, all the way around ... the Universities
and the programs themselves, the level of play & the players, the traditions ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Apjak wrote:I'm in KC myself, but I could care less about MU leaving the "big texas" conference.
You must be a Dirty Bird then. ;)
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Spicelon wrote:
Apjak wrote:I'm in KC myself, but I could care less about MU leaving the "big texas" conference.
You must be a Dirty Bird then. ;)
I am a KU student, and they're the only basketball I can almost give a damn about. But where football is concerned, GO HUSKERS!
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
ErasOmnius

Post by ErasOmnius »

We let Penn State into our Big 10 back in the 90s, and now we find out that Joe Pa has been letting teenagers get raped in the showers. Kick Penn State out of the Big 10.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

What's SEC?
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

inhuien wrote:What's SEC?
Securities and Exchange Commission

Rob
trang

Post by trang »

I like MU Football and Basketball, but college sports as a whole are secondary to professional, for me.

The financial impact to KC is more of a concern it seems. The city is already a mess, this just adds to it.
Best of luck to them in the SEC (South Eastern Conference, I believe).

Apjak, when did ya start at KU?
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Robspierre wrote:
inhuien wrote:What's SEC?
Securities and Exchange Commission

Rob
:D

South Eastern Conference. Its a division in college sports.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Championship game tomorrow at 4:00, in Atlanta.

Being born in (mother gave birth to me there, that's what that means, Keith) Louisiana and having lived most of my life in Georgia I'm torn on this one.

I'd like to see UGA win but I'm not :crazy: .

Hopefully they at least won't emberass themselves.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Coolness ... an entire topic of which I have no effing clue what you all are talking about. :shock: ... me old school Euro trash.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Southeastern Conference
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Southeastern Conference (SEC) is an American college athletic conference that operates in the southeastern part of the United States. It is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. The SEC participates in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I in athletic competitions; for football, it is part of the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), formerly known as Division I-A. The conference is one of the most successful financially, consistently leading most conferences in revenue distribution to its members, including an SEC record $220.0 million for the 2010–2011 fiscal year.[2]
The SEC was also the first NCAA Division I conference to hold a championship game (and award a subsequent title) for college football, and was one of the founding members of the Bowl Championship Series (BCS). The current SEC commissioner is Michael Slive.[3]
You see, in "The South", SEC football comes second only to religion. It's a REAL close second.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Carl picks the Bulldogs!

~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Carl's got some points ... here's your "other men with machines" controlling your life ....

seriously tho, Freak, and you know this deep-down in your heart, with all due "props" & respect
to the Uggos, the only reason they are in the SEC Championship game is because you just can't
have two SEC-West teams play ... Alabama and/or Arkansas would easily whip the B-dawgs ...
Mississippi State would probably give them a good run this year ...

I ain't kept-up real close with any of this yet, but - will A&M and Missouri both be going to
the west? how will that work out?

and anyway, since the Dukester doesn't show up around here any more, I think we can all
agree that the SEC is FAR & AWAY the best Conference in NCAA football ... everybody else is just
fighting for the scraps ....

Oklahoma State looked real good this year ... you have to give them that, but you also have to consider
the historical performance of a program ... & while OSU has had some very good teams over the years,
they simply are not in the same league as LSU or Alabama ... or Arkansas or Georgia ... "Second Tier"
SEC teams can and do regularly whip the shit out of "Top Tier" teams in every other conference ....

what I'd like to see in the coming years is a break-down of the ACC - I want Duke, North Carolina &
Clemson in the SEC .... change the name to the Confederate Conference ..... & so on ...
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:Carl's got some points ... here's your "other men with machines" controlling your life ....
Yeah, that was a good reference!
SandRider wrote:seriously tho, Freak, and you know this deep-down in your heart, with all due "props" & respect
to the Uggos, the only reason they are in the SEC Championship game is because you just can't
have two SEC-West teams play ... Alabama and/or Arkansas would easily whip the B-dawgs ...
Mississippi State would probably give them a good run this year ...
I know they're not as good a team as LSU but I still have to cheer for my (current) home team. And I must give credit where credit is due, the Bulldogs have really turned this season around after a terrible start and have played very well since. I just hope to see a good game.
SandRider wrote:what I'd like to see in the coming years is a break-down of the ACC - I want Duke, North Carolina &
Clemson in the SEC .... change the name to the Confederate Conference ..... & so on ...
:lol: Keep dreaming.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Geaux Bulldogs! :P
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Not looking good for the home team. :(
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I's drunk & I missed it ... wha happen ?
ImageImage

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:I's drunk & I missed it ... wha happen ?
Georgia dominated the first half, didn't even allow LSU a first down (an SEC record)... then they stayed in the locker room after halftime.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

So it's LSU and Alabama, I guess?
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Southern Miss blew out Houston. :P
~Pink Snowman