Vlog

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

merkin muffley

Re: Vlog

Post by merkin muffley »

Hunchback Jack wrote:Hey Merk, why is Jesus at #5 instead of at #1? And if you're so enamoured with Darwin, why is he not on the list at all? Pick a side, already.

HBJ
Just what we need - more all or nothing thinking. NOT :roll:

I know there is an element of "humor" in all of these attacks, but there is also a serious side to this discussion, which I will continue to address and emphasize. I'm a Centrist - instead of seeing only the bad in Conservatives and Liberals, I see the good in each and keep the good ideas from each side. I think the world would be a better place if we did that. Jesus Christ had tremendous moxie, and so did Darwin. I admire Jesus Christ because a lot of people thought he was an asshole, but he stuck to his guns, just like Darwin. I'd prefer not to focus on the negative qualities of either of them.
Nebiros wrote:I have to express some modesty here. I'm no public speaker nor am I a good actor. I carefully thought out what needed to be said and take down the notes and it's easy to maintain composure and confidence when you make a recorded speech without an audience.
That's a surprise to me. I think you will find, as you produce more of these vlogs, that you have a natural knack for performance and public speaking. You certainly have the "look" for it! Any actor who uses a script uses the same process you've just described - you take down notes, and speak after carefully thinking things through. You say it's easy to maintain composure without an audience, but I think you will find that, with material like this, you will get a positive reaction from the crowd, which will feed your performance, and take it to new, unexpected heights.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

merkin muffley wrote:I admire Jesus Christ because a lot of people thought he was an asshole, but he stuck to his guns, just like Darwin. I'd prefer not to focus on the negative qualities of either of them.

I thought he was pretty nice for a zombie.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:I want to know what library that is that serves beer.
Beer, hell! That's fermented 'tang piss. They call it Orang Pop. :lol:

And Nebby is being humble. Ole Dad fucked that monkey species into near extinction. Had his way with the females so often that the male monkeys wouldn't go near them after a while. :naughty:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I've not posted videos here before, but now that there's a forum in the forum for it I feel compelled. I hope these ramblings inspire you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdPdNGTS ... rofilepage[/youtube]
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

""What is wrong with you? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU AMERICANS!?"

Classic. Best video yet. Penetrating. Unflinching. Incisive. Investigative. Hungry. You look like a young Yul Brenner with hair. Thirsty. Daring.

I think you have raised some very important issues in this video, and have truly broken new ground. I don't think I've ever heard Ronald Reagan compared to Kim Jong-Il, but now that you have made this comparison, the similarities are painfully obvious. It's like the guy that made the egg stand on end by smashing it on the floor - why didn't I see it before? I feel like a frog that has been put in a pan with the heat being turned up in small increments, only to have a young Yul Brenner/Chow Yun Fat-type point at the temperature gauge and scream, "IT'S FUCKING BOILING IN THERE!!!"

It was great to see you use more humor in this video, especially towards the end. Because who couldn't not laugh at the sorry state of this nation, run by the ghost of Ronald Reagan, posthumous fascist dictator? Hahaha! It's so stupid it's funny!!!

But seriously, it was really great to see you laugh, and I think you should use it more during the lecture. Your smile will melt the audience, if I'm any judge of speaking ability, and I attended two years of film school at Columbia University in the City of New York, so I think that my opinions in this matter have, well, a great deal of validity. There, I learned that one of the most important tools of stagecraft is sexual presence. This is why Marlon is the greatest actor in history. You have this quality in spades, and you should use it. When you glower at the audience, it's a powerful expression of your sexual dominance, and will be a very effective technique, especially if there will be women attending this lecture. And even if there are no women in the audience, it also works on men - take it from me! :wink:

What's the next topic? I can't wait, because from what I've seen here - we ain't seen nothin' yet.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Am I mistaken, or did I hear the cries of caged orangutans about half-way through that video?

Smitty, you have no screen presence at all. Do you even watch these things before you post them, because you seem to be getting more boring as time goes on? Don't know what Merk is smoking, but these are lame-o.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

That's a little uncalled for. I think it's sad that someone can watch us destroy ourselves like this and give us the tools we need to overcome our situation and all some of you can do is trash him. Maybe you're all feeling a little guilt that you didn't think to do something about it yourselves. Vlogs have the potential to reach millions. All you need is the right person to share it on Google+ and you've gone viral and inspire millions!

Keep it up Neb! I know they're going to get better and better. Looks like you've finally found your format.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I swear, I thought I knew you. Merkin is new around here, but you???

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:I swear, I thought I knew you. Merkin is new around here, but you???
It's time we take up Nebby's banner and fight back! I'd like to know why he cares about what happens to us because we're doing it to ourselves. I should've done this myself years ago.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:
Omphalos wrote:I swear, I thought I knew you. Merkin is new around here, but you???
It's time we take up Nebby's banner and fight back! I'd like to know why he cares about what happens to us because we're doing it to ourselves. I should've done this myself years ago.
Make love to a simian? Or dominate your wife?

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
Make love to a simian? Or dominate your wife?
Since we're all simians, I guess I could do both.

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Thats right buddy. Do it like they do on discovery channel.

Goodnight Golden Path!
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

I don't see why it has to be such a big deal that I "stepped out of line" with the prevailing narrative being presented by the people running this website. It's a real shame. A real shame.

Keep going, Nebiros.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

How's about you tongue punch my fart box? :roll:
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

SandChigger wrote:How's about you tongue punch my fart box? :roll:
Wow. This is just like high school, when the cool kids would make me give them rim jobs.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:Thats right buddy. Do it like they do on discovery channel.
It's funny you say that, I almost posted that video here last night. You know the one, where the band is dressed in monkey costumes. Great minds...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

merkin muffley wrote:cool kids would make me give them rim jobs.
Now while they are quite refreshing, this comment has shown you in your true homophobic light, you are a liar and a miscreant.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

inhuien wrote:
merkin muffley wrote:cool kids would make me give them rim jobs.
Now while they are quite refreshing, this comment has shown you in your true homophobic light, you are a liar and a miscreant.
All of the cool kids at my school were women. I'm a mysoginist.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

^^^I don't believe you, your repressed desires are obvious. stop lying to yourself. Who hunt you? :(
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

inhuien wrote:^^^I don't believe you, your repressed desires are obvious. stop lying to yourself. Who hunt you? :(
I thought he was a female prostitute. It's a common mistake. IT'S A COMMON MISTAKE!!!
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

merkin muffley wrote:
inhuien wrote:^^^I don't believe you, your repressed desires are obvious. stop lying to yourself. Who hunt you? :(
I thought he was a female prostitute. It's a common mistake. IT'S A COMMON MISTAKE!!!
Hate the sin, love the sinner.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

inhuien wrote: Hate the sin, love the sinner.
It is true, I have suffered from issues with same sex attraction, but it's something that I have accepted and have been able to address through prayer.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

merkin muffley wrote:
It is true, I have suffered from issues with same sex attraction, but it's something that I have accepted and have been able to address through prayer.
Love is the universes glory, why do you have issues with loving one half over the other. I admit I used to think you a posturing poppycock, but now I see your over compensations have justified cause.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

inhuien wrote:
merkin muffley wrote:
Love is the universes glory, why do you have issues with loving one half over the other. I admit I used to think you a posturing poppycock, but now I see your over compensations have justified cause.
I'm disappointed that you would accuse me of posturing in a serious discussion forum.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

merkin muffley wrote:
inhuien wrote:
merkin muffley wrote:
I'm disappointed that you would accuse me of posturing in a serious discussion forum.
The posturing was a comment regarding your conduct holistically, not this thread specificity, in this thread you have broken through to honesty.