Hi I'm Demerzel.

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Demerzel

Hi I'm Demerzel.

Post by Demerzel »

I'm Demerzel and am a HUGE fan of science fiction. My name was taken from an alias of one of my favorite characters from Asimov's Robot-Empire-Foundation series. My favorite single book would have to be Hyperion by Dan Simmons, followed closely by Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card and Second Foundation by Asimov. The rest of the top ten would be dominated mainly by the original Dune series.

While you may have noticed that the Dune books come in only fourth, I must admit that they're the ones which facilitate the most discussion, and thus these forums were an absolute joy for me to come across.

I'm a fan of gaming and astronomy. I play decent basketball and also enjoy table tennis as a quick way to loosen up.
When Paul was three I found him wearing lingerie I was planning to wear for my Duke. I asked him: "How can this be?" and he answered: "For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!" I was proud since these were the first words Paul ever spoke, but now I knew for certain that my Paul was a special boy. I brought him to Duncan's room while he was busy "training" a young maidservant in the Art of Sword-Handling. My Paul shall be the best! - Tleszer
Tleszer

Re: Hi I'm Demerzel.

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome! Image
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Demerzel

Post by Demerzel »

Thanks!
When Paul was three I found him wearing lingerie I was planning to wear for my Duke. I asked him: "How can this be?" and he answered: "For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!" I was proud since these were the first words Paul ever spoke, but now I knew for certain that my Paul was a special boy. I brought him to Duncan's room while he was busy "training" a young maidservant in the Art of Sword-Handling. My Paul shall be the best! - Tleszer
lotek

Post by lotek »

thanks for dropping by !
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Demerzel

Post by Demerzel »

I'm here to stay!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

You'll fit right in, those fav's of yours line up with most of the fav's of the members here!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Welcome.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Achlan wasachlan bik fi-sietshina!

Welcome, twice welcome to you to our sietch! :)
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Welcome! Do you have any Youtube videos of your basketball skills?
Demerzel

Post by Demerzel »

Thanks all! And no I don't have any videos. Also I'm not good enough to be video-worthy :S.
trang

Post by trang »

Well Met and Welcome, grab a spice beer and join in!

favoring Dune is great, first, last, second, who cares:)

I finished the hyperion cantos earlier this summer, its a wonderful story, and I liked it a great deal. I thought Dan was a little long winded on the world description stuff, but understand why he was doing it. Otherwise, top notch. Enders is on my top five also.

When did ping pong become table tennis?? jk

Great to have ya, and dont forget YOUR WATER IS OURS NOW!
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Welcome!
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Demerzel

Post by Demerzel »

trang wrote:Well Met and Welcome, grab a spice beer and join in!

favoring Dune is great, first, last, second, who cares:)

I finished the hyperion cantos earlier this summer, its a wonderful story, and I liked it a great deal. I thought Dan was a little long winded on the world description stuff, but understand why he was doing it. Otherwise, top notch. Enders is on my top five also.

When did ping pong become table tennis?? jk

Great to have ya, and dont forget YOUR WATER IS OURS NOW!
In 1901 (looked it up). :D Thanks! Also, the world description was tedious, except for the water world. That was breathtaking.

@merkin muffley: thanks!
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Welcome :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -