Almost Done

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Vor

Almost Done

Post by Vor »

Hi all, I read the original Dune books some time ago, and just recently decided on picking up the new one's written by Brian and Kev after a long hiatus stuck on Orson Scott Card. Although its true they are not as profound as the originals, I am glad they were at least written to complete the gaping hole in my head as to what happened and was going to happen in FH's Universe. I'm about half way through Hunters right now. I've been using this forum to find info that I had forgotten having read the original 5 books so long ago. See you all around, and thanks for the info so far!
trang

Re: Almost Done

Post by trang »

welcome, ya might check again there was six originals by Frank, last one was Chapterhouse. The new ones are a pizzaro universe compared to the originals, you can read all the loving remarks about them, including ones from me, about those as ya check the board further. I would suggest burrr...n.. no.. well, dropping the KJA/BH stuff off at your local waste disposal unit. I would try grabbing some of Franks other works... great stuff.

Have a spice beer and be well!
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Looks like a spam post. Clearly a preeq wouldn't "thank" us "for the info".
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

dunno ... put up a rational post in the Duncans' thread that no pretard could have ever come up with ....

Vor, let's get some clarification here - have you read the prequels & other McDunes, or did you pick
up Hunters believing the cover-story that it was Dune7 from Frank's notes ?

if so, and being only half-way thru Hunters, it may not have hit you yet ...

I'd suggest, and for my own amusement, that you DO NOT read ANYTHING else on this board,
in fact, don't even log-on until you have read Hunters & Sandworms ... then come back and
tell us what you think ....

(I'm thinking we might have one of those potential "test-cases", a fresh mind who read & understood
Frank's Dune, was not previously sucked-into the prequels and is now reading the McDune7 without any
preconceived notions or opinions ...)
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

unless, of course, the username "Vor" is an allusion to Vorian Atreides,
in which case, Die Painfully in a Fire, Please ....
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote:unless, of course, the username "Vor" is an allusion to Vorian Atreides,
Its so nice seeing you guys go out of your way to be polite. :wink:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

SandRider wrote:dunno ... put up a rational post in the Duncans' thread that no pretard could have ever come up with ...

Yeah, I didn't see that until after I read this thread. That'll teach me to read them out of order.
Omphalos wrote:
SandRider wrote:unless, of course, the username "Vor" is an allusion to Vorian Atreides,
Its so nice seeing you guys go out of your way to be polite. :wink:
:lol: If we forget the niceties then we'd be no better than those damn dirty preeqs!
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

The problem is that KJA and BH didn't fill in any holes about anything, they just made stuff up that makes no sense at all when compared to the original books. Any Dune fan could have done a better job in their own imagination if their imagination hadn't been interfered with by false information, so the new books are damage, that's all they are... damage.
Vor

Post by Vor »

Yes, I do realize there are six books, but like I said, I read them a long time ago and had forgotten the exact number. I'll admit, as you all might realize, I'm not an authority, just a guy who likes to read. I will finish Sandworms and let you know what I think from a "fresh perspective" what I thought. Yes, the Vor is as in Vorian Atredies, but I already got the idea most people on this forum were not big KJA fans--I just like to create a little static where I can. I fully admit the "McDune" books are shallow, sucky excuses for SF compared to the originals, but I've liked them kind of like I secretly enjoyed Harry Potter. Sorry.
lotek

Post by lotek »

Vor wrote:Yes, the Vor is as in Vorian Atredies, but I already got the idea most people on this forum were not big KJA fans--I just like to create a little static where I can.
in other circles this is called trolling but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, even though using a kja character here was not very subtle static, but hey live and learn I say.

So welcome here, hope you enjoy your stay.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Vor

Post by Vor »

lotek wrote:in other circles this is called trolling but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, even though using a kja character here was not very subtle static, but hey live and learn I say.

Okay, so I'm not very internet savvy to be honest (strange, I know, for a science fiction fan), and I didn't know the meaning of the word "trolling," so I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary online and this is what it says: "Being a prick on the internet because you can." I guess I'm guilty as charged, but I didn't realize people would take it quite so personally. Anyways, I thought I'd offer up my embarrassing story as a peace offering so you could all have a laugh. Thanks for the welcome, and I'll see you all around!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

read around this board a while - you'll find that the nicest thing anyone here has to say about him is ....
well shit, I can't off the top of my head think of anything anyone here would say ... maybe he's
never molested children ?

Kevin J. Anderson is a shitheel jack-off (& ass-hat pickle-fucker) who is quite possibly the most pathetic, horrible
person in the history of the Cult of the American "Celebrity", and I mean personally; as a person
a human being, a fellow specimen of the species - Kevin J. Anderson is a raving fuck-hole of fail ... and he proudly
displays his unmerited ego and social ineptitude daily (see thread "Twitter Wars", now well into its' third year)

Kevin J. Anderson is the contemporary definition of "hack"; he is as bad, if not worse, than any two dozen
random methed-up community college drop-outs who work the night shift fucking up orders at the Taco Bell
drive-thru and vomit up "Blog-Fiction" on four different Wordpress accounts, each under a different name,
cross-referencing and twitting at each other ...

and had that dumb fucking wino let somebody else, anybody else, crawl up in his ass and nest (or, better yet,
had the boy stuck to his first (correct) impression, that he just was not fucking smart enough to even
think about writing Dune) myself, and most (if not all) of us would have never, ever, ever, given this
dumb lying twat a second thought ....

so ... no; most people in this sietch are not big tehKJA fans ....
some of us have to drink excessively and abuse prescription narcotics to quell the hate & rage
that could easily spiral off into a pick-up truck full of guns & dogs, and a road-trip to Boulder ...
ImageImage

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:Kevin J. Anderson is a raving fuck-hole of fail
:clap:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Golden prose, as ever SR. :lol:
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
lotek

Post by lotek »

Vor wrote:
lotek wrote:in other circles this is called trolling but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, even though using a kja character here was not very subtle static, but hey live and learn I say.

Okay, so I'm not very internet savvy to be honest (strange, I know, for a science fiction fan), and I didn't know the meaning of the word "trolling," so I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary online and this is what it says: "Being a prick on the internet because you can." I guess I'm guilty as charged, but I didn't realize people would take it quite so personally. Anyways, I thought I'd offer up my embarrassing story as a peace offering so you could all have a laugh. Thanks for the welcome, and I'll see you all around!

trust me when we take it personally you'll know !

And that definition is very incomplete, a troll is a person that post deliberately content that is guaranteed to raise the furore of the target(s)
eg using a name from DungNovels here, or I dunno posting a picture of Mahomet eating bacon on a Muslim fundamentalist website...
So no worries if you didn't know all that, but learn what you will pass for with this behaviour.

Also, good trolling (yes it exists) will be respected if it shows skill and some form of inteligence (anything above the IQ of the unholy offspring of a bottle of hooch and a voice recorder will do)

So once again to make it twice, welcome !
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Hey Vor! I won't take it personally that you like KJA and BH's books. Whatever, dude. KJA and BH kinda suck at writing, but oh, well. I might go to a book signing and annoy the hell out of KJA and film the encounter if he comes to my general area, but other than that plan, which I've had for a few years (KJA never goes East Coast man, not even NYC) I couldn't give a shit less about him. Welcome to the forum.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

:sleeping-yellow:

Vor

Post by Vor »

SandRider wrote:Kevin J. Anderson is the contemporary definition of "hack"; he is as bad, if not worse, than any two dozen
random methed-up community college drop-outs who work the night shift fucking up orders at the Taco Bell
drive-thru and vomit up "Blog-Fiction" on four different Wordpress accounts, each under a different name,
cross-referencing and twitting at each other ...

and had that dumb fucking wino let somebody else, anybody else, crawl up in his ass and nest (or, better yet,
had the boy stuck to his first (correct) impression, that he just was not fucking smart enough to even
think about writing Dune) myself, and most (if not all) of us would have never, ever, ever, given this
dumb lying twat a second thought ....

so ... no; most people in this sietch are not big tehKJA fans ....
some of us have to drink excessively and abuse prescription narcotics to quell the hate & rage
that could easily spiral off into a pick-up truck full of guns & dogs, and a road-trip to Boulder ...
...I wish you would stop being so ambiguous about your feelings for Kevin J Anderson. :lol:
lotek

Post by lotek »

darn it's the first time I've seen the concepts of "ambiguous" and "SandRider" in the same post.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

lotek wrote:darn it's the first time I've seen the concepts of "ambiguous" and "SandRider" in the same post.
Save it well because it will probably be the last time as well.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
lotek

Post by lotek »

We live in amazing times, full of wonders and marvels.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Vor wrote:gaping hole
Yeah, there's definitely a joke I could make...- :sleeping-blue:
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
lotek

Post by lotek »

a hell of a joke
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

jannypan wrote:if so, and being only half-way thru Hunters, it may not have hit you yet ...
Who are you again?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman