Down with Anderson & Brian Herbert

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

TheCurtOne

Down with Anderson & Brian Herbert

Post by TheCurtOne »

I think that the books by K Anderson and B Herbert suck. Not just their rip-off of Dune and Frank Herbert, but everything else they've written. George Lucas let Anderson "dumb down" Star Wars in the 90's, and Lucas ought to be hanging his head in shame with that "Young Jedi" crap that Anderson created. And try reading anything B Herbert has ever written.

Back to Dune. From the first part of House Atreides when the duo veered off with their House Vernius and Kaleeia Vernius crap, I should have known better and thrown the stuff in the fireplace. Though, with my friend cheerfully encouraging me on year after year, I read through the s#it that finished that miserable trilogy. Something to clean out your toilet bowl is how I would describe the dumb duo's version of the Butlerian Jihad. The laughs continued with Hunters and Sandworms. Oh, that wasn't supposed to be comedy writing? Worthless, miserable pieces of poop is how I would describe Paul and Winds, and the upcoming S#itterhood of Dune. God, doesn't the Herbert family have any pride, and can't they be sued? Somebody do something. Glad I'm here, glad my friend EO finally saw the light this year.
Ampoliros

Re: Down with Anderson & Brian Herbert

Post by Ampoliros »

Welcome Welcome!

And of course, there is a good amount of discussion of the real Dune here.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Hey, they haven't even published Sisterhood yet, give it a chance, hater! :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Yea, Sisterhood could fix everything. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

pecker, raccoon trap, &etc ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Welcome! :lol:
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Omphalos wrote:Yea, Sisterhood could fix everything. :lol: :lol: :lol:
And here's how (full text of foreword, novel is all blank pages):
Punked!
Ultra-spice! You actually fell for that?

Morons.

If you want more Dune, read Frank Herbert, think about and discuss it. If you were happy with "joining the circus"-stories, scribble something on the blank pages...

Fucking babies, mewling for prechewed crap - my "writing" career is over, I am grabbing the money I made of all you fanboy morons and retiring.

PS: Yo, "Talifans" :-) Here's Brian's home address, be sure to send him a few letters detailing how we all feel about selling out his fathers legacy [address here].
PPS: Brian, you should at least read the stuff you claim to write, nimwit.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome! :orcs-buttshake:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Achlan wasachlan bik fi-sietchina! :D

(Wecome, doubly welcome to our sietch!)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
TheCurtOne

Post by TheCurtOne »

B Herbert can't expect much from S#itterhood, can he? Now that EO isn't going to buy it and hand out some free copies to his kidz, whose left? And B & KJA can't go and complete the 2 messes that were going to be Irulan and Golden Path. (There is a God!)
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

It literally comes down to sales, as long as TOR can make a profit off of the books they will publish them, and with sales dropping practically exponentially for the last two books and the 'decision to move away from interquels' having been made, I'm wondering how long it will be till the series just isn't profitable. Me thinks that both Brian and TOR are starting to conclude that the new books have long passed the stage where people know they are just money grabs and not quality reads. I really think the only one halfway-clinging to that illusion is Kevin.

It reminds me of the Stewart/Colbert rally, not one person who knew what my "The New Dune Books Suck" sign meant came up to disagree with me, yet I had close to a hundred people point at my sign or come up to snap a picture that totally agreed with it.

The readership of the new books has been reduced to fanboys who didn't understand the original work and people who really don't care that much and just want some mindless entertainment. I've met very few serious readers of sci-fi that enjoy the new books, and most of them still operate under the belief that they are somehow based on Frank's notes.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Welcome home :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Lundse wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Yea, Sisterhood could fix everything. :lol: :lol: :lol:
And here's how (full text of foreword, novel is all blank pages):
Punked!
Ultra-spice! You actually fell for that?

Morons.

If you want more Dune, read Frank Herbert, think about and discuss it. If you were happy with "joining the circus"-stories, scribble something on the blank pages...

Fucking babies, mewling for prechewed crap - my "writing" career is over, I am grabbing the money I made of all you fanboy morons and retiring.

PS: Yo, "Talifans" :-) Here's Brian's home address, be sure to send him a few letters detailing how we all feel about selling out his fathers legacy [address here].
PPS: Brian, you should at least read the stuff you claim to write, nimwit.
He'd probably do it if someone would publish it.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Anderson will e-publish it in a week or so, I'm sure. :roll:

Edit: Wait a minute... what?! :character-oldtimer:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Lundse

Post by Lundse »

Freakzilla wrote:He'd probably do it if someone would publish it.
:clap:
endisbegun27

Post by endisbegun27 »

dude, when i found out dune 7 was coming out (this was while i was still reading through the real 6 books, i was on heretics at the time) i was so excited
i bought it the day it came out
i didnt do anything but read the rest of the real dune books so i could finish and get to 7

boy, was i in for a suprise
:tissue2:
until i see franks "notes" for myself, im still convinced they found a post-it that had the word cinnamon on it
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

It might be worth using as an IQ test. Read the originals then pick up Book 7s and start taking notes on how not to write, how many characters change personalities, how 'clever' an idea is and how it being 'clever' actually makes it end up being even dumber than just an expected cliche result.
Last edited by Ampoliros on 26 Jun 2011 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
endisbegun27

Post by endisbegun27 »

inthe next prequel series they write we're going to find out that the face dancers were actually face dancing as thinking machines since the butlerian jihad
and that leto actually had 2 secret sons, one of which was half human, half face dancer, and his name, was gurney halleck.
of course this all takes place on tatooine
until i see franks "notes" for myself, im still convinced they found a post-it that had the word cinnamon on it
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

endisbegun27 wrote:inthe next prequel series they write we're going to find out that the face dancers were actually face dancing as thinking machines since the butlerian jihad
and that leto actually had 2 secret sons, one of which was half human, half face dancer, and his name, was gurney halleck.
of course this all takes place on tatooine
Hey! Slow down there buddy. Save it for the next fan fic contest.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
trang

Post by trang »

Well Met and Welcome!

Sorry for late welcome, Been busy with real life (new job, moving, etc) and haven't had as much time to spend around these parts. Sorry you had to endure the pain that is the scribbling of KJA and BH.

I have read them all as well, just to be able to articulate the terrible mess they have made. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but each new incarnation, overall, gets shorter and shorter. Guess they are running out of crap to put out, the shit well can only run so deep. I hope that Sisters of Dune, is printed by TOR, cant sell them, and makes those two buy them back at cover price!

Or donate them to the homeless local chapter 14, to keep warm in winter and have on tap for wiping materials.

I have said and others too, Paul of Dune and Winds of Dune, are just wastes of fucking time and paper. STOP THE MADNESS!

HA - 681
HH - 752
HC - 688

BJ - 704
BOC - 704
MC - 800!

HOD - 576
SOD - 560
POD - 512
WOD- 448

Sisterhood of Dune - projected 448.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

endisbegun27

Post by endisbegun27 »

50% of the pages, 100% of the price!
plans with plans

i mean its technically a good thing theyre getting shorter, right?
it means less kevin j bowel movements, or "story" as hes tricked people into thinking