A Song of Ice and Fire discussion (spoiler alert)

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

A Thing of Eternity

A Song of Ice and Fire discussion (spoiler alert)

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Figured a few of us are going to want to chat about the series in general a bit, might be nice to do it in a way that doesn't spoil things for others.

I have a hunch about John Snow that I'd like to see what others think - I don't think he's Ned's bastard son at all. I think he's the son of Ned's sister from when she was raped by whatshisface Targaryen.

Any takers?
Spicelon

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire discussion (spoiler alert)

Post by Spicelon »

The whole "Jon is the son of Rheagar Targaryn and Allyiana Stark" (spellings?) theory is one of the biggest conspiracy theories about the series and has been raging for years. I think most hard core fans are resigned to the fact that they will have to see if it comes out in the wash once the series is done. This stems from an ever bigger unknown: who are the three dragon riders going to be? Jon Snow, Brand, Tyrion, Arya and Daenyrs have all gotten pretty significant print on the matter.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
A Thing of Eternity

I've never really checked out any of the online ASoIaF discussions, good to know at least that I'm not alone on that one!

I haven't really put much thought into who the dragon riders will be. I guess that'll depend on whether they can get the damned things to stop eating children. Might be a deal breaker. :wink:
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Hmm, well I'm just about to finish A Clash of Kings and start in on A Storm of Swords...but some things can be seen coming. I do love about the series that some things happen and you have to read the passage twice or more just to let it sink in that yeah, that just happened.

I admit I too was starting to think maybe Jon is Lyanna's son and not Ned's...well okay in ASOIAF its totally possible that he's also Ned's son, all the more reason not to tell Catelyn who the mother is.

I love the way magic is slowly creeping back into the world, as if all of Westeros had shut it's third eye and slowly is having it reopened.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
A Thing of Eternity

Me too, I love when the pyromancers (or whatever they're called) at Kings Landing are trying to explain why they're so far ahead of schedule making the magic burning liquid, they're just like "um, er, all those bullshit spells we mumble... they, ah, started working... kinda surprised us..."

Made my laugh my ass off.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

Ampoliros wrote:I love the way magic is slowly creeping back into the world, as if all of Westeros had shut it's third eye and slowly is having it reopened.
Comet dust, anyone? Those silly Maesters and their telescopes!
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.