Hi Gang

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Séamus

Hi Gang

Post by Séamus »

Hi, I initially wrote a big long essay on how and why I wound up at this forum. Although it was cathartic, I realized the results of the exercise were unnecessary. My story is not unique and its sentiments have thoroughly been expressed by others before. By a magical process I like to call editing (KJA&BH may want to jot this down), I rewrote what I had initially penned. I thought I would share with you what the final straw was that broke my McDune Camel's back; Paul of Dune.
Although I had come to the realization that there were no secret stash of FH notes, the Machines and Dune 7 were shite, and the KJA and BH novels were drek; I downloaded Paul of Dune to preview what I hoped would be a paperback purchase, a harmless guilty pleasure. I downloaded a file from a Russian website. After a precious few pages of prosaic prose, I downloaded Paul of Dune again, from an English site. The novel appeared to be so poorly written, that I had hoped that somehow, the copy of Paul of Dune I had first downloaded was accidentally translated from English to Russian and back to English again. No joy. Paul of Dune is just that bad.
Never mind the fact that the characters were acting, well, uncharacteristically. Never mind the ADS recap of what just happened a few sentence before. Never mind the sacrilege of FH's works being an in-universe text. Paul of Dune was just so insultingly badly written that I literally, just couldn't take it anymore. I searched the internet to see if I was alone in being physically ill at, "See Paul fight, fight Paul fight. See Shaddam run, run Shaddam run.", and I stumbled upon the KJA Special (in the nogin) Forces vs Jacurutu Amazon skirmishes. I was sickened by KJA's tactics.
Some may ask why in a world of bad literature and various franchises being milked past their expiration dates, why take a stand here? Well, it's the self-importance of KJA, the false premise of the "hidden" notes, the underhanded Amazon manipulation, the brazen mishandling and ca$h grab of the franchise, the sheer insult of the McDunes to literature, the now outright assult on FH's canon. In a world going to shit, can't I have just one good thing left unsullied and unexploited?
If somehow there is someone out there deciding whether or not, and what to read of the Dune universe; I want to add my vote to the Orthodox Herbertarian faction. I want to take this opportunity to thank the creators and administrators of the site to provide a haven where I could cast my cultural vote. I've chosen an avatar and sig to convey what KJA has transformed the Dune franchise into.

tl;dr Hi. Love FH Dune, hate KJA McDune, thanks for a site where my opinions can be voiced for posterity's sake.
Tleszer

Re: Hi Gang

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome! :orcs-buttshake:

You'll fit in nicely here, Seamus!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Welcome Welcome! Your Legos shall mingle with our Legos.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

WELCOME!
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

:lol: ...it was so poorly written you thought you'd gotten a bad translation! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That really says it all, doesn't it?

Welcome to Jacurutu!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Achlan wasachlan! Welcome, doubly welcome! :)
Séamus wrote:By a magical process I like to call editing (KJA&BH may want to jot this down), I rewrote what I had initially penned.
This idea is completely foreign to KJA.

After all, he dictahikes almost perfect, Polished Prose™ every time! :laughing-rolling:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Welcome. Your Water is Ours.
Ampoliros wrote:Welcome Welcome! Your Legos shall mingle with our Legos.
whoa now, I don't know about all that ... cause all the Expert Builder stuff in the box
with the gears and shafts is mine ... let's wait and see what else he has in
his box ...

{NB4: what is in the box? pain. pain is in the box. &etc.}
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Séamus

Post by Séamus »

All I know is that good things come in small boxes. A box which you can fit your hand in should not be considered a small box.
ErasOmnius

Post by ErasOmnius »

Hey Seamus, Glad you're here.

Well, there goes another one 'Kevin and Brian'. What will you do Brian, when 'Sisterhood' sells so poorly? Give up, I hope.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Welcome :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -