newby

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Triplejoe

newby

Post by Triplejoe »

Hey

I joined the forums the other day but didn't have time to do one of these introductory posts.

I followed sandchgger on twitter after seeing some hilarious #dune #mcdune tweets. you can catch me over there: @triplejoe

Though I haven't read any mcdune I don't think it's necessary to claim to be an Orthodox Herbertarian, though after reading a few posts here, I think I'm definitely a small worm in a large desert.

As a trained biologist and ecologist dune was immediately fascinating, and even more so when I changed careers to become a high school science teacher.

Looking forward to see what other people think of Frank's work.

cheers

x3 Joe
TheDukester

Re: newby

Post by TheDukester »

Triplejoe wrote:Though I haven't read any mcdune I don't think it's necessary to claim to be an Orthodox Herbertarian ...
Nope; not at all. A disdain for the one doesn't mean you can't appreciate the other. Besides, there's a fair amount of evidence that the McDunes are pretty much Anderson's unused Star Wars drafts, with a few passages here and there from the Herbert leech. They're really not "Dune" at all.

Anyway, welcome. You'll be official later when you see "Your Water Is Ours" posted by our resident hepcat SandRider. Just wait; you'll see.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Welcome from another teacher, kind of hard to not hit one 'round these here parts, myself, Chigger, and Nekhrun all fight the good fight.

Rob
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Achlan wasachlan! :)

Welcome again!
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Triplejoe

Post by Triplejoe »

TheDukester wrote:Anyway, welcome. You'll be official later when you see "Your Water Is Ours" posted by our resident hepcat SandRider. Just wait; you'll see.
Good grief what have I walked into ;)
Robspierre wrote:myself, Chigger, and Nekhrun all fight the good fight.
Brilliant, what areas do you teach in?
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Welcome Welcome!
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Triplejoe wrote:Brilliant, what areas do you teach in?
English & Linguistics, uni-level, in Japan. :)

(And I still don't glow in the dark. Yet.)
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Triplejoe wrote: Brilliant, what areas do you teach in?

I'm licensed for Secondary (7-12) Language Arts & History.

Rob
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Welcome. I saw your name down below and was wondering if/when we would get to hear from you.

These guys (and gals) are knowledgeable around here. Just make sure your shots are up to date and keep hands and feet away from moving parts containing sharp objects .... such as teeth. ;-)

Nek should be around later to reveal his area of mastery.

Check out the video in Random cr ... that I put up the other day ,I think it speaks well of teachers.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Triplejoe wrote:
TheDukester wrote:Anyway, welcome. You'll be official later when you see "Your Water Is Ours" posted by our resident hepcat SandRider. Just wait; you'll see.
Good grief what have I walked into ;)
Robspierre wrote:myself, Chigger, and Nekhrun all fight the good fight.
Brilliant, what areas do you teach in?
Language Arts.

Welcome.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Helloooooo!!!!!!!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Triplejoe

Post by Triplejoe »

:D :D :D

Thanks the for the welcome peeps. I've been browsing the forums today and have struggled to keep the laughter to a minimum. :D

Hope you don't mind me dredging up old threads, some of them are gold!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Triplejoe wrote::D :D :D

Thanks the for the welcome peeps. I've been browsing the forums today and have struggled to keep the laughter to a minimum. :D

I don't mind and I think Freak would rather you bump old threads up than start a new one on the same topic. So dredge away my Dune brother.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home. Nice to find somebody who has not been tainted by the filth of McDune.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

horseshit.

had a rather lengthy post prepared here and fucking lost it

fuck that noise
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

welcome twice welcome Joe³
Triplejoe wrote::D :D :D

Better to dredge up old ones than start new ones that have been covered before, and I mest say... I love the avatar.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

hihihi Triplejoe :D
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

SandRider wrote:horseshit.

fuck that noise
Are you not taking his water?
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome! :orcs-buttshake:

Well, since it hasn't been claimed yet by the mighty SandRider... Your Water Is Ours!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

fuck that noise

You're sobering up???? O_O

Rob
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Robspierre wrote:

fuck that noise

You're sobering up???? O_O

Rob
HEY!! You read my mind. :evil:
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Welcome!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

meh.

I got a whole shitload of buttons on the firefox, and I've grown accustomed to working with a dozen or so open tabs
(can't for the life of me remember where I got it, but this TooManyTabs things works, and works well ... it stacks tabs
in rows (up to 6) and each row can be pulled down or hidden ... so I'll have one row with a half dozen open pages here and
@T(A)U and another row with the facebook horseshit (which I fucking have to use now, because every Living Historian
in the world is using it, and I hate to admit it, but it's damn useful) and another row with whatever other horseshit I'm
working on (right now, I'm in a tooth & nail fight with the Texas Australian Shepherd Association over the disqualification
of one of the dogs I trained - goddamn right the dog is 3/4ths blue heeler and therefore MUCH better at their Agility
Competition circuses, but by the AKC Breed Standards for color & build, and by their own fucking rules, this dog IS an
Australian Shepherd ...) and you can bookmark the entire row, so f'instance, I've got ten or so websites that sell raw
canvas at stupidly inflated prices, and I'm looking for about 300 yards of 14oz Sunforger ... every site is a rip-off and
con-job in one way or another, so instead of having 10 or twenty bookmarks for all the sites, I've got them all loaded into
a row ... when I get ready to go over their price lists again, I just click one button and get on with the getting fucked
over by Omar the Tent-maker ....)

so anyway, I had said all ur h2o are belong to me and so forth, and should have stuck to tradition & just clicked "submit", but: fuck no

this cat sounded like he might be a worthwhile addition to the tribe, and I was reminded of the thread we tried to get off the
ground, a "guide to wandering The Sietch" and couldn't fucking find it, and when I did, Freak had only posted one thing, the
most important one, IMNSHBACO, about searching for, (and READING) old threads, and resurrecting them before starting new
threads ... (I like Big Threads, and I cannot lie, always space for another reply) and LO AND BEHOLD there was yet another
masterpiece of Forum Posting that I have absolutely no conscious knowledge of posting, and I read thru all that, amazed and
wondering just exactly when that asshole Hunter Thompson is going to get the fuck outta my body and move his dumb ass on;

and I know, Bubba ... hell is scary, but goddamnit, you knew what you were getting into, and it was YOUR fucking idea
to shoot your own damn self in the head, so get moving .... believe me, you don't want those cocksuckers coming to get you ...
they're pissed enough at you already, and anyway, I'll be right there, save me a seat ....

so somehow, in the middle of all that, I think I thought I had move focus to a different tab, and clicked one of the perma-links on the
toolbar ... I did some other shit, and closed the tab, then realized I was still on the "Dune" row and had closed out the reply box,
just filled to the rim and overflowing with the good entertainment and creative obscenity and general insanity that has become
my trademark and forte, ever since Hunter moved in ... and if I hadn't closed the tab, I could have backed up and my reply would
still be in the box ... but, "opening last closed tab" did bring me right back to the other page and a back-step did bring me right back
to the reply box for this thread, but the box was empty ... all my beautiful words, gone ... gone, I tell you ...

so I went on YouTube and called random idiots "fucktards" for an hour and then went outside and watched my tame deer herd come
up and start eating the winter wheat that the drought and mites have already made valueless, and the mexicans came in from the
south section and we started a fire in the pit (and fuck a burn ban - the county judge who issues those things has been involved in
an unnatural relationship with his stepson for years, and he knows I know it) and set some cow flesh on fire and drank cheap beer
and ate til we couldn't eat no more, and then laid out under the mesquite trees on big pieces of burlap and all the dogs came and
jumped all over us & got their Play Time in, and me & Charlie picked some guitar as the sun went down and Charlie's kid rolled up some
joints the size of my thumb and we had a great fucking night, until one of the dogs finally cornered that skunk that's been around in
a barn and I got to order them dumb fuckers to go kill it, and the kids stumbled off, blind drunk, stoned, with cotton hoes and a shotgun
and us old men sat around the fire and laughed and rolled another one (just like the other one) ....

so all things being equal and/or said & done, I'm pretty happy with the direction my life has been taking ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

In other words Triple Joe, welcome to the seitch Your water has been claimed for the good of tribe.

Have fun.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Welcome :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -