Japanese Earthquake Tsunami TV Coverage 11th March, 2011.

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

D Pope

Re: Japanese Earthquake Tsunami TV Coverage 11th March, 2011.

Post by D Pope »

Lets hope for the best, mate!
:?
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Last I heard, two of the reactors were shut down, the third was on its way to getting shut down and the fourth, is wait and see while we do our damn jobs.

Rob
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

You can't even compare this with Chernobyl, they didn't even have a containment vessel. When it exploded that was it, it was all in the atmosphere. These reactors are encased in steel then concrete, built with safety in mind, not as a corner to cut.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Just glad you're still okay. The news pics look bad. Reminds me of New Orleans. I can only imagine how it in person. Praying for you guys. Love you my fellow castouts!
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:These reactors are encased in steel then concrete, built with safety in mind, not as a corner to cut.
Well, let me get back to you on that later. :shifty:
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Geez. Stay safe you guys!
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Coworkers are talking about sending food to Japan and someone suggested cases of instant Ramen noodles, I thought that would be in poor taste.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Freakzilla wrote:Coworkers are talking about sending food to Japan and someone suggested cases of instant Ramen noodles, I thought that would be in poor taste.
Nope, I would think that anything would be helpful. Money probably more than anything. Poor taste was Rush Limbaugh making fun of them: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/1 ... 36384.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

Nekhrun wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Coworkers are talking about sending food to Japan and someone suggested cases of instant Ramen noodles, I thought that would be in poor taste.
Nope, I would think that anything would be helpful. Money probably more than anything. Poor taste was Rush Limbaugh making fun of them: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/1 ... 36384.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or that Tamtampamela bitch on Youtube.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Rush is a walking talking penis head. Forget the loser and the losers who listen to him.

I understand there was a whole #pearlharbor hash tag thing going for a while on Twitter, too.

And the AFLAC duck dick got fired?

:roll:

Cup ramen would be great for places where they at least have water and a way to boil it, actually.

I'm watching the situation at the reactors up the coast, but not suffering any real hardship at the moment other than not having running water. I figure I'll have to run down to the Izumi Water Plant tomorrow night (when it should be less crowded; they're operating 24 hours a day) to get more drinking water. They're slowly getting the water going again, and finally starting to bring in supplies and fuel, so things hopefully won't get much worse than this. A friend down in Mito has offered me a place to stay if the Japanese government extends the nuclear evacuation radius.

(I stopped watching CNN because the idiots seem more interested in fanning up the anxiety level to boost their ratings. Fuck Wolf DonnerBlitzen. :twisted: )
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:(I stopped watching CNN because the idiots seem more interested in fanning up the anxiety level to boost their ratings. Fuck Wolf DonnerBlitzen. :twisted: )
I think that's "Wolf DonderBlitzen"

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(Are you sure it's not also Blitzer? :P )
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:(Are you sure it's not also Blitzer? :P )
Yep. And I think his mom calls him "Volfie."

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

SandChigger wrote:Rush is a walking talking penis head. Forget the loser ...
agreed!!!. I never could stand listening to him for very long. I had to read his book and listen to his program in college for a project a friend and I were doing for Physicology class. :shudder: I was so glad when we finished that.
SandChigger wrote:I understand there was a whole #pearlharbor hash tag thing going for a while on Twitter, too.

There was somekind of "karma for Pearl Harbor" junk going on facebook as well. It never ceases to amaze me just how idiotic some people can be.

:roll:

Be careful over there my friend.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I noticed that #pearlharbour was trending.. thought it was funny because it was a bunch of outraged UKers complaining about it trending causing it to trend.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

SandChigger wrote: (I stopped watching CNN because the idiots seem more interested in fanning up the anxiety level to boost their ratings. Fuck Wolf DonnerBlitzen. :twisted: )
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_mZrUkz ... ture=feedu[/youtube]
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I bet Foamy the Squirrel doesn't go to Stray Cat Island!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookou ... sland-safe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Is it sad that I was actually wondering about the fate of that island in all this?
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Apjak wrote:Is it sad that I was actually wondering about the fate of that island in all this?
Not at all, I have more empathy for the animals in a natural disater. I can rationalize most of the human suffering by imagining a lot of them probably deserved it.

FOR GODS SAKE, WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE KITTENS!
~Pink Snowman
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Freakzilla wrote:
Apjak wrote:Is it sad that I was actually wondering about the fate of that island in all this?
Not at all, I have more empathy for the animals in a natural disater. I can rationalize most of the human suffering by imagining a lot of them probably deserved it.

FOR GODS SAKE, WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE KITTENS!

Not until you stop masturbating :o

Rob
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

So... the kittens are as good as dead then?

:laughing:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

But Ceiling Cat still watches him.
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Anderson "I can't risk my complexion" Cooper is reporting that there's talk of flying out some of the US military (or at least their families) in Yokosuka.

Fine. Don't come back.

And radioactive dust has reached Seattle?!

Damn... just when BoBo's off on tour. :evil:

Kudos to Gary Tuchman, though, for continuing to report from the tsunami-damaged areas north of here! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

SandChigger wrote: Damn... just when BoBo's off on tour. :evil:
Yeah, real bad timing. :angry-banghead:
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Up to 20 million tons of debris from Japan’s tsunami moving toward Hawaii

Some 5 to 20 million tons of debris--furniture, fishing boats, refrigerators--sucked into the Pacific Ocean in the wake of Japan's March 11 earthquake and tsunami are moving rapidly across the Pacific. Researchers from the University of Hawaii tracking the wreckage estimate it could approach the U.S. West Coast in the next three years, the UK Daily Mail reports.

"We have a rough estimate of 5 to 20 million tons of debris coming from Japan," University of Hawaii researcher Jan Hafner told Hawaii's ABC affiliate KITV.
Crew members from the Russian training ship the STS Pallada "spotted the debris 2,000 miles from Japan," last month after passing the Midway islands, the Mail wrote. "They saw some pieces of furniture, some appliances, anything that can float, and they picked up a fishing boat," said Hafner. The boat was 20-feet long, and was painted with the word "Fukushima." "That's actually our first confirmed report of tsunami debris," Hafner told KITV.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/20-mi ... 40503.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Pink Snowman