:lol:

(It was the tats, right? ;) )
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: V is such garbage

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote::lol:

Hey, if she's into tats she's come to the right place.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:

Ha! Anyone witnout a Tyson-like face tat is a pussy!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:

It didn't work on Tyson. But it sure worked on that character. And speaking of tatts ... isn't it about time for an update in the members' picture gallery? Thing? Nek?
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Eyes High wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:

It didn't work on Tyson. But it sure worked on that character. And speaking of tatts ... isn't it about time for an update in the members' picture gallery? Thing? Nek?
You're right. I never ended up posting the pics of my finished sleeve. I don't even know if I have any yet. I'm already planning my next one. I'll see what I can dig up.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Shaitan

Post by Shaitan »

zacher2005 wrote:
Kojiro wrote:I like to pretend Enterprise didn't exist.

Deep Space Nine was by far the best IMO.
I'd generally agree (Ronald D. Moore has his moments), but it still had some godawful, pathetic trainwreck excuses for one-off eps that didn't advance the larger plot arc at all....then there were the horrible time travel/alternate universe plots.....*shudder*

I re-watched almost every Trek episode in all of the different shows, including a few from the original series, recently as part of my efforts to come up with rules for my web series that should prevent even the very open-ended collaborative process from producing abominations like certain Trek episodes....for example, that time travel is severely limited (possibly in a "forward only" manner) if not downright impossible in the Multiverse of my series. There are planes of existence which "transcend" linear time, but physical beings composed of matter, as we would recognize them, cannot exist in such places.
"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn Pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
"Man, a guy gets drunk *once* and it's all anyone remembers..." -HBJ
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

However, it's saying something when the worst DS9 episode was better than the average Voyager or Enterprise episode. I can sit and watch all of DS9. The same cannot be said of Voyager or Enterprise.

Concerning time travel, it is actually theoretically possible, but scientists generally accept that instead of going into our own past, you wind up going into an alternate reality that had the same history up until the point you arrive from the "future." Any effects you cause in that new reality will have no effect on your home reality.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
zacher2005

Post by zacher2005 »

Shaitan wrote:
zacher2005 wrote:
Kojiro wrote:I like to pretend Enterprise didn't exist.

Deep Space Nine was by far the best IMO.
I'd generally agree (Ronald D. Moore has his moments), but it still had some godawful, pathetic trainwreck excuses for one-off eps that didn't advance the larger plot arc at all....then there were the horrible time travel/alternate universe plots.....*shudder*

I re-watched almost every Trek episode in all of the different shows, including a few from the original series, recently as part of my efforts to come up with rules for my web series that should prevent even the very open-ended collaborative process from producing abominations like certain Trek episodes....for example, that time travel is severely limited (possibly in a "forward only" manner) if not downright impossible in the Multiverse of my series. There are planes of existence which "transcend" linear time, but physical beings composed of matter, as we would recognize them, cannot exist in such places.

While I agree some stand alone episodes were bad, the whole of it was great. It dealt with religion, politics and war in a great manner. I though the Dominion war arc was the best I have seen on TV.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Apjak wrote:Image

Okay I apologize for knowing this, but it was Paris and Janeway, not Chakotay. I blame it on my folks not having cable.

Don't fancy yours much.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Omphalos wrote:
SandChigger wrote:But... but... :doh:

Maybe they're actually descendants of an intelligent race of Terran dinosaurs that did make it into space and escape the asteroid!
Speaking of Star Trek, I think that an episode of Voyager had that plot. Think I read a story that had that also.
Yeah I saw that episode. They were a really advanced race of aliens descended from dinosaurs but they still had giant claws on the ends on their fingers when they were fiddling about with their spaceship controls. So not sure how they wiped their arses.

By the way, phenomenal beard!
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

chanilover wrote: Image
Don't fancy yours much.
:lol:
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
zacher2005

Post by zacher2005 »

Baraka Bryan wrote:well garbage or not, at least it's unpredictable. last night was kinda crazy

Yeah they definetly has some twists but man, I pissed my wife off because eventually I started trashtalking it like MST2K
lotek

Post by lotek »

I watched the pilot and switched off as soon as it started going down the slope of teenage angst but the actor looks 25
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

chanilover wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
SandChigger wrote:But... but... :doh:

Maybe they're actually descendants of an intelligent race of Terran dinosaurs that did make it into space and escape the asteroid!
Speaking of Star Trek, I think that an episode of Voyager had that plot. Think I read a story that had that also.
Yeah I saw that episode. They were a really advanced race of aliens descended from dinosaurs but they still had giant claws on the ends on their fingers when they were fiddling about with their spaceship controls. So not sure how they wiped their arses.

By the way, phenomenal beard!
I keep tellin' ya. She's my wife!

Goodnight Golden Path!
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

lotek wrote:I watched the pilot and switched off as soon as it started going down the slope of teenage angst but the actor looks 25
If you mean Tyler, it's okay... he's dead.
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

chanilover wrote:By the way, phenomenal beard!
Asshat Pickle Fucker gets that one all the time. Evidently Jabecca just blushes demurely.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Kojiro wrote:
lotek wrote:I watched the pilot and switched off as soon as it started going down the slope of teenage angst but the actor looks 25
I guess that's the son of the blonde cop/reporter/whatever ?

If yes I feel bad (not)since I actually wished he would die the first time he started moaning about zits or whatever the fuck teenagers bitch about now
Spice is the worm's gonads.
ErasOmnius

Post by ErasOmnius »

DS9 is my fave show. But there are some baddies, "Profit and Lace", comes to mind first off. Not crazy that Gul Dukat got possessed by a pah-Wraith in the last half of Season 7. The whole conclusion, although it looked pretty, had some holes in it. Matter of fact, the Founders got off easy; they genocided the Cardassians; but all the shapeshifters got was a slap on the wrist.

Yeah, Tyler is dead on V! If the show comes back next season, at least I won't have to watch him. Sad to see Ryan, the African-American Visitor go. Hopefully Chad Decker, the reporter, is going to be dead, as well. Sad that Jane Badler is gone, as Diana.
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

lotek wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:
Kojiro wrote:
I guess that's the son of the blonde cop/reporter/whatever ?
Yes. And Erica's an FBI agent.
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
zacher2005

Post by zacher2005 »

ErasOmnius wrote:DS9 is my fave show. But there are some baddies, "Profit and Lace", comes to mind first off. Not crazy that Gul Dukat got possessed by a pah-Wraith in the last half of Season 7. The whole conclusion, although it looked pretty, had some holes in it. Matter of fact, the Founders got off easy; they genocided the Cardassians; but all the shapeshifters got was a slap on the wrist.

Yeah, Tyler is dead on V! If the show comes back next season, at least I won't have to watch him. Sad to see Ryan, the African-American Visitor go. Hopefully Chad Decker, the reporter, is going to be dead, as well. Sad that Jane Badler is gone, as Diana.

How can you be African, when you're an alien? Just saying....
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

zacher2005 wrote:
ErasOmnius wrote:DS9 is my fave show. But there are some baddies, "Profit and Lace", comes to mind first off. Not crazy that Gul Dukat got possessed by a pah-Wraith in the last half of Season 7. The whole conclusion, although it looked pretty, had some holes in it. Matter of fact, the Founders got off easy; they genocided the Cardassians; but all the shapeshifters got was a slap on the wrist.

How can you be American either?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
zacher2005

Post by zacher2005 »

Kojiro wrote:
zacher2005 wrote:

How can you be American either?

because there is a law that says if you are an alien from outer space and you have been undercover in America for over 25 years you become a citizen....don't believe me? Google it.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I remember watching the first few episodes of Deep Space Mall and become violently & irrationally angry ....
I think it was the little ugly fucker with ears and messed-up-bad teeth ....

Voyager had the Soul-Brother Vulcan, right ? was there ever any rational explanation for that ?

no, wait; it was Star Trek, there's never been any rational explanation for anything in Star Trek ...
(excepting feeding of Tribbles after midnight, of course)

but, I watched that one quite a bit, and y'all know why - that cyborg chick, ohmahgawd ....
and I never did understand how she got away with that non-reg, ass-clinging, nipple-bump uniform ....

and tell me I'm misremembeing her name as "Six of Nine" ... surely the adolescent sexual innuendo wasn't that obvious ...

also: while I am never one to judge my fellow man or impune his taste in entertainment,
if you are continuing to watch this new "V" (which, if you will check @T(A)U, wise old men like Omph & me
called horseshit before it even aired) you may need your medication adjusted ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Voyager had the Soul-Brother Vulcan, right ? was there ever any rational explanation for that ?
The EEOC.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

SandRider wrote: and tell me I'm misremembeing her name as "Six of Nine" ... surely the adolescent sexual innuendo wasn't that obvious ...
You're misremembering. It was Seven of Nine.
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks