.... hi again

SandRider
Watermaster

Re: .... hi again

Post by SandRider »

I don't know ... I'm still a little hurt, you know ?
and vulnerable ... I'm not sure you won't take advantage of that ...

but .. well, let's just take things slow ... a few posts here and there ... no thread-starting or anything like that,
and I swear, if you start with the incessant PMs again, Imma perma-block your ass ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

OH MY GAWD, IT'S BéBé COME HOME!!! :tissue2:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

well now, that's what I'm talking about ...

you know it, I know, the HoneyTrap knows it ... but there's no reason to advertise it ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Well, according to chanilover, even if SR tried to hide his thing, the smell would still give it away. :shock:
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home! ... and don't you dare walk out of us again! :violence-hammer:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Good to have you back!

You can take the man out of the Jacurutu but you can't take Jacurutu out of the man. :D
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Welcome back BB. You must have changed parties or something. Liberals understand that opinionated Internet chat is a valid form of communication and social interaction. Yea, that's the ticket. :wink:

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

:lol: Holy crap. Good to see you back!

I don't honestly even remember why you left, I thought it was a bit of a mystery at the time as well, couldn't figure out if you were angry or just wandered off. Maybe I'll dig through your posts to see what the deal was...

Hope you're well!
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandChigger wrote:Well, according to chanilover, even if SR tried to hide his thing, the smell would still give it away. :shock:
I thought it had a seasonal rinse out this time of year.

Welcome back Bryan!
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

wbwbwb bb :)
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome back, BB!

The Mighty :orcs-buttshake: has spoken.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Welcome home.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Welcome back! Glad to see you back among the fold.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Welcome back!

Rob
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote::lol: Holy crap. Good to see you back!

I don't honestly even remember why you left, I thought it was a bit of a mystery at the time as well, couldn't figure out if you were angry or just wandered off. Maybe I'll dig through your posts to see what the deal was...

Hope you're well!
it was just a case of time poverty
Yeah, I hear that'll happen when you try to buy a home at the same time as going to school!
Baraka Bryan wrote:and needing to prioritize my resources to something other than online discussion :P in the meantime I finished my internship, returned for the final year of my degree, graduated and started working full time 8 months ago. it's been slow around teh year-end so I figured I'd pass some time at work browsing the old forums.
Good to hear, what kind of work did you end up doing?
Baraka Bryan wrote:how are things in AB? of course I assume you've gotten a membership and joined the wave of the WRA ;)
Things are good here, we've got a bit of a skin-head infestation (they recently swarmed the leader of the Anti-Racism-Alliance in his home and beat him with hammers and baseball bats, while his whole family including children were home too, pretty bad), but they're a lot less organized and have much lower membership than they did in years past, which is nice.

I haven't honestly been following the WRA closely, I consider Albertan provincial politics more or less a write-off. (Though we did elect the guy I voted for for mayor, seems like he's doing a great job too and was a breath of fresh air in red-neck Calgary). What's the deal with the WRA again, they're basically extra-Conservatives? Like our version of the Tea Party? Or are they more serious than that? I hear they've been doing well, nice to see things shooken up anyways I suppose.

Now I'm curious, I'm going to go look them up.
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote: WRA is basically a libertarian party. sort of tea-partyish but less populist. i thought the calgary mayoral race was so fascinating... shows the power of social media that he actually won. I was loving watching the TO race too. glad Ford won only because I don't have to deal with the cuts he'll make lol.

I'm working for a large Canadian CPG company in a management development program, currently doing a role in purchasing. it's been a great 8 months so far!
Yeah, I looked them up, basically what I expected, very conservative but with a few left-wing concepts thrown in, probably not because they have a left-wing bone in their bodies, but because certain things are expected to be more left-wing in Canada, even in Alberta (like healthcare).

I work in purchasing too, good times, I get to work from home so can't complain!

With Nenshi winning his use of technology certainly helped, but I think what really happened was a display of what happens if the youth vote actually bloody votes. He was nowhere near winning in the poles, but those poles were conducted via home phone calls only, and most young people just have cellphones so were left out of the poles. It was also a bit of a charisma win (as usual in politics) and he was hands down the winner. I almost gave up on democracy during that race because Higgens was in the lead for a while (she was a news anchor who was in the lead without even having a single stance or a platform of any kind, utterly dissapointing to see how stupid people are, but hey, she lost in the end). His support of students was big as well.

He was frankly the best choice as well, he was the only one who really said anything about slashing useless funding and channeling it all into police, transit, etc. Everyone else basically was for the status quo.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Hey BB!!! About time you came home you #@##$%&£¢¢√Π^°¶~%@

Sorry the fatted calf won't be ready for quite some time so in meanwhile you'll have to make do with this spiced beer.

Happy New Year my brother of Dune
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

wb sir :)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
lotek

Post by lotek »

Hey welcome back بركة !
We didn't exchange much but I am glad to see you finished your hajj... sorry internship, always nice to know someone's making good for themselves :)

And that story of those fucking brainless racists attacking someone in his own house... they have no immortality and none of their descendants carries their blood!
I hope they pay for their cowardice !!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Hey welcome back بركة !
Cool! :)

Edit to add: Did you know this one lotek?
Wikipedia wrote:Baraka is used in contemporary French as a synonym of "luck". A person who has "baraka" is said to be able to emerge unscathed from dangerous situations.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
lotek

Post by lotek »

I must admit I googled the بركة I knew about the French use of baraka as many slang words derive directly from the north african French original languages. Most of them are a bit old fashionned like this one, but no doubt new ones have been used since.

Also, there is this baraka

Spice is the worm's gonads.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

lotek wrote:I must admit I googled the بركة I knew about the French use of baraka as many slang words derive directly from the north african French original languages. Most of them are a bit old fashionned like this one, but no doubt new ones have been used since.

Also, there is this baraka

And this one: http://www.amiribaraka.com/blew.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

lotek wrote:the north african French original languages
I don't think I've ever heard Arabic described in quite that way before. ;) :lol:
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

I always think of this Koyaanisquatsi-type movie, which was slightly more palatable because there was less time lapse photography, and the soundtrack was not as punishing. Phillip Glass can be great, I'm just saying that time lapse photography + Phillip Glass = :beat dead horse:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYZ8RWqq ... re=related[/youtube]
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Wehr just defines baraka(t) as "blessing, benediction" (from the verb baraka "to bless") but he also lists qilla(t) al-barakat as "misfortune, bad luck". Literally it means "a paucity of baraka".

In one of the Budayeen novels, Effinger has Audran go on a bit about the baraka of one of the characters; Papa Bey I think it was, the underworld boss who's also a devout Muslim, but it could also have been Fuad the Fuaked Up. ;)