Shine on You Crazy Dune Fans

Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Shine on You Crazy Dune Fans

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

Long Live the Fighters of Jacurutu, Noble Desert Fanatics,

I have assumed the name of Jodorowsky's Acolyte, out of my interest and fascination with the director's ambitious and twisted attempt to film Dune. I have read Dune and the other Dune chronicles when I was a preteen, and I've done a number of drawings inspired by Dune as I've grown up. Yes, I have read the Prelude to Dune series at the same time I was reading the Dune books, but I am hoping for a massive rewrite for the prequels (as massive as a Guild Heighliner). I am fascinated with the many different artistic depictions of Dune (covers, films, concept art, comics, etc.), and I would be happy to be able to see the best fan art or outside art inspired by Dune available, especially the best fan writings inspired by Dune too. That's my introduction. I am honored to be among the cast out of Arrakis.

Ya Hya Chouhada!
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
A Thing of Eternity

Re: Shine on You Crazy Dune Fans

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Welcome - you won't get any rewrites out of those hacks, but they will keep adding more and more and more and more (what are they at now? Twice as many Dune books as FH wrote?).
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Welcome. Your Water is Ours.

The period of the preparations for the Jodorowsky film is very interesting and in my opinion, under-studied.
I would welcome a member here who would research and post information regarding such ....

we also welcome original artwork here, esp. those of us with no inherent artistic talent ...
please post your work in the Dune Art forum ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Hi.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Achlan wasachlan! :)
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

I also think the Jodorowsky preproduction artwork was really interesting and I look forward to hearing more from someone who knows a lot about it.
WELCOME
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Welcome! :orcs-buttshake:

Although Jodorowsky's version wouldn't have been Dune, it still sounded like an interesting take. That said, I can't imagine it being "better" than Lynch's version though it certainly would have been a more "culter" film. That Emperor Shaddam concept... *shudders*
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Welcome
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Welcome.

Pick up Jodorowsky's Meta-Barons t osee what he did with some of his idea's concerning Dune.

Rob
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I really love the Jordorowsky stuff, especially the Giger work (I wish some of that had made it into the Lynch version). It would have had almost nothing to do with Dune (which is why FH pulled the plug, from what I read anyways), but it would have been cool none the less.
lotek

Post by lotek »

welcome to the sietch Jodorowsky's Acolyte: I propose we find you a sietch name, like JodorAc or something, there is no way I am typing all that again ;)

Robspierre wrote:Welcome.

Pick up Jodorowsky's Meta-Barons t osee what he did with some of his idea's concerning Dune.

Rob
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1820&hilit=Jodorowsky" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:)

and this
posting.php?mode=post&f=17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

hihihi Jodorowsky's Acolyte :D
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Welcome. :)

A seitch name would be good - for some reason, despite years of practice, I still can't spell Jodorowsky.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

I suggest Jodo-A if it's okay with him.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
grandmastercrafter

Post by grandmastercrafter »

greetings Jo! :lol: and welcome!
Jodorowsky's Acolyte wrote:Yes, I have read the Prelude to Dune series at the same time I was reading the Dune books, but I am hoping for a massive rewrite for the prequels (as massive as a Guild Heighliner).
Hehehehe - now that would be great. What was it like to read the two all mixed up like that? I have had FH Dune on the brain for a loooong time before these new scribbles came out, so I can't imagine how that would work... :think:
THINK CRITICALLY
:auto-gmcredsmiley:
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Sorry I took so long to reply.

Jodo-A is quite okay, Eyes High.

I'll try to supply whatever information I've gathered on Jodo's film. Just as a side note, Frank Herbert didn't shut down the project, Jodorowsky's lack of funding did.

It would be really cool to be able to read Jodorowsky's screenplay, as well as the controversial screenplay written when Ridley Scott was planned to direct.
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky