Is This the End of James Bond?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Kensai

Is This the End of James Bond?

Post by Kensai »

So the wait for Bond 23 appears to have gotten even longer.

EON Productions suspended active development on the next sequel in April due to MGM's ongoing financial crisis. But now, if reports from across the pond are to be believed, the project -- which was to have been directed by Sam Mendes from a screenplay by Peter Morgan -- has been scuttled altogether.

British tabloid The Mirror claims to have "confirmed the movie has been axed – and it could be years before the secret agent with a licence to kill is back on the big screen."

The paper quotes an unnamed "insider" as saying, "Members of the production crew have been told the Bond film has been canned. There is a lot of bad feeling as a lot of time, money and hard work has already gone into this."

So if the next Bond film is indeed years away, what does that mean for the involvement of Daniel Craig? Could Quantum of Solace be his second and final film as 007? Time will tell.
Survival is the ultimate ideology Image
Robspierre

Re: Is This the End of James Bond?

Post by Robspierre »

MGM is four billion in debt. Not surprising considering all the dipshit MBA's running the studio's these days.

Rob
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Bond is in the same position as The Hobbit.

MGM has fucked their finances to to the point where they can't actually afford to make any films.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

DuneFishUK wrote:Bond is in the same position as The Hobbit.

MGM has fucked their finances to to the point where they can't actually afford to make any films.
Ah... I was wondering what was taking that StarGate Atlantis wrapup film so long.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

I really hate the television StarGates... Been holding up for the proper sequels for too long. :x
Last edited by Redstar on 13 Jul 2010 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Robspierre wrote:MGM is four billion in debt. Not surprising considering all the dipshit MBA's running the studio's these days.

Rob
:lol: What is the purpose of an MBA, and why do business think they're worthwhile? Is it just MBA dipshits who already run businesses badly who think it's a good idea to hire more MBA dipshits?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Kensai

Post by Kensai »

Redstar wrote:I really hate the television StarGates... Been holding up the proper sequels for too long. :x
Absolute ditto :clap:
Survival is the ultimate ideology Image
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

Eh, after Emmerich's latest steaming piles of crap, I really wouldn't want him to ruin the original with more movies.
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Kojiro wrote:Eh, after Emmerich's latest steaming piles of crap, I really wouldn't want him to ruin the original with more movies.
Anonymous (historical thriller with at least an interesting premise, though the thriller part worries me) and his adaptation of Asimov's Foundation may be a departure from his typical disaster flicks and a return to his early form. If those do well I would hope they give him a chance at the original trilogy. From what I've read, the novels-in-sequel-form were pretty good. If he keeps to his early drafts before he lost his spark we may have something.
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

Redstar wrote:
Kojiro wrote:Eh, after Emmerich's latest steaming piles of crap, I really wouldn't want him to ruin the original with more movies.
Anonymous (historical thriller with at least an interesting premise, though the thriller part worries me) and his adaptation of Asimov's Foundation may be a departure from his typical disaster flicks and a return to his early form. If those do well I would hope they give him a chance at the original trilogy. From what I've read, the novels-in-sequel-form were pretty good. If he keeps to his early drafts before he lost his spark we may have something.
You are far more optimistic than I ever would be.
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
dune stroller

Post by dune stroller »

Kojiro wrote:
Redstar wrote:
I agree.
If Emmerich directs Foundation I predict it will end up his biggest disaster of a movie yet.
Kojiro

Post by Kojiro »

dune stroller wrote:
Kojiro wrote:
Redstar wrote:
I agree.
If Emmerich directs Foundation I predict it will end up his biggest disaster of a movie yet.
Seriously, it would be like having him direct Dune with a script written by KJA. No good can come from it.
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks
dune stroller

Post by dune stroller »

Kojiro wrote:
dune stroller wrote:
Kojiro wrote:
Redstar wrote:
I agree.
Seriously, it would be like having him direct Dune with a script written by KJA. No good can come from it.
Exactly, judging by the films he's made, a KJA script would suit him perfectly.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

If you're having a discussion with one other person without any other discussions between other people involved you don't have to quote each other every time. Makes it an annoyance to follow.

But, yeah, I don't think he'll do Foundation justice. Still, he may at least give the world scope. Visuals are always nice.
dune stroller

Post by dune stroller »

Thanks, never sure what the protocol is regarding that.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Not really a protocol on it, as far as I know, but it bugs me that some people are so accustomed to quoting that they even quote the first post of a thread when they're the first to reply. Overquoting is just as bad as not using it at all.
dune stroller

Post by dune stroller »

Yeah, have to admit when I first joined (and this is the only forum I post on) I found it a bit confusing trying to pick
up on some of the threads, kept reading same things over and over again. :?
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Don't worry about it, over-quoting often leads to games of shrinky, which are great fun (though not so much with this new boardware). :)

Do whatever the hell you want, protocol is to not give a shit. :wink:
dune stroller

Post by dune stroller »

Can I quote you on that? :)
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Hee hee. :P

(What really chaps my asses and makes my sphincters tweetch is when people copy entire messages on mailing lists. :doh: HIT REPLY AND EDIT OUT THE IRRELEVANT BITS, GODDAMIT!!!)
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Don't worry about it, over-quoting often leads to games of shrinky, which are great fun (though not so much with this new boardware). :)

Do whatever the hell you want, protocol is to not give a shit. :wink:
That thread was awesome... But can you imagine every thread ending up that way? It'd be... amazing! :lol:
A Thing of Eternity

I miss when shrinky actually shrunk things instead of just expannding off the screen. Omph, this must be the most retarded low priority thing ever, but is there nothing that can be done for the great shrinky? :(
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Yyyyyyyyeaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Right. I'll put that on the list.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Put me down for a very firm "fuck the quote-ziggaruts and all the retardation they represent" vote, please.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

Omphalos wrote:Yyyyyyyyeaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Right. I'll put that on the list.
Twas kidding of course, good sir.