Blog Marketing

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Blog Marketing

Post by Omphalos »

Another OT thread here: Some of you may have seen my blog before, the The OBR. It's only been recently that I've put it into blog form. I am working on layout and making it look better, but I think It's ready to be put out there in the great big world. My question is, how do I make people aware of the thing? I have no idea how to market blog. Anybody have any success stories from their own blogs?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
lotek

Re: Blog Marketing

Post by lotek »

Omphalos wrote: My question is, how do I make people aware of the thing? I have no idea how to market blog. Anybody have any success stories from their own blogs?

shame there is no hardwood left, he knew a thing or two about that stuff ;)

I keep mine confidential so I wouldn't know how to do that, sorry :)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Wait, so you're saying that you want people to read it and not use it as some fucked up stalking/emailing mechanism?

One thing that works for me is to get people with related online publications to write articles about it, then the cross-linking and discussion that goes along with that kind of thing is helpful. I would also link it to a Facebook and Twitter account. For as stupid as some of those things are it can help spread the word and it's easy for people to share.

Hook it up to Google Analytics and start setting some goals. Also, you'll want to watch some of the various YouTube videos that feature Google employee Matt Cutts.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Make sure it's the URL you use in the forms when you post on other blogs & sites. ;)